• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors 7.62mm suppressors SOUND TESTED!!

MAJ MALFUNCTION

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">Suppressors tested in this session:</span></span>
-AAC 300-SD
-AAC 762-SD
-AAC 762-SDN-6
-AAC Cyclone
-AAC Cyclone-K
-AAC Titan 338 (sub-caliber on .30 cal)
-Gemtech HVT (thread-on)
-Gemtech Sandstorm
-YHM Phantom 7.62 SS/QD
-YHM Phantom 7.62 Ti/QD

7.62mm SUPPRESSOR SOUND TESTING LINK

Re: 7.62mm suppressors SOUND TESTED!!

Dammit , all i see is red X's. POS government computer.

so who was quietest

On .30cal suppressors I can only assume most will be used on precision rifles therefore, I'd personally rather see more testing/comparisons on POI shift/repeatability and accuracy affects more so than who's a couple db quieter.

That's just me though.

Very good info. I have been itching for a while now, I'll take a can for my 308, and an AAC Prodigy.

I just need to get off my ars and put the process in motion.

Thanks for the test results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammit , all i see is red X's. POS government computer.

so who was quietest </div></div>
aac 762 sd

How come Shark was not included, and BIG PLUS 1 on the POI shift, and when you say 7.62, we think 7.62 NATO(308Win), so why is Win Mag can in the test.

I am with JRose, I want to see a poi shift and accuracy test. and +100 on including the shark.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammit , all i see is red X's. POS government computer.

AAC Cyclone was the quietest 308 can.

I guess my dealer made a good recomendation 762-SD

When I heard of the 762-SDN6 coming out I was a little bummed as this was suppose to be quieter.

i'm even more happy with my decision

Thanks Major for all the great testing

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On .30cal suppressors I can only assume most will be used on precision rifles therefore, I'd personally rather see more testing/comparisons on POI shift/repeatability and accuracy affects more so than who's a couple db quieter.

That's just me though.
</div></div>

Agree 100%, and would bet the Cyclone would do very well in that testing.

Very happy with my Cyclone.
smile.gif

I'm pretty impressed with the results of the YHM stuff compared to the others.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess my dealer made a good recomendation 762-SD

When I heard of the 762-SDN6 coming out I was a little bummed as this was suppose to be quieter.

i'm even more happy with my decision

Thanks Major for all the great testing </div></div>

I felt the same way

awesome line, thanks....

So what about surefire cans? I know a bit expensive but I have heard great reviews. What do you guys think?

Oh, diddo on the poi shift testing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JJones75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammit , all i see is red X's. POS government computer.

AAC Cyclone was the quietest 308 can.

</div></div>

And AAC 300-SD was the quietest tested can.

just a thought, but it mighty be helpful if you also posted a run without a suppressor on the gun. that would give people a baseline to compare against.