• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 7.62x25mm tokarev ammo solution

brent98k

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2010
Hi all,

I have recently acquired a tokarev t-33 pistol from 1937, but im having a problem getting munitions for it. (As France has now decided to stop selling 7.62x25mm ammunition and the price for empty cases is totally unreasonable.) I was wondering if i can neck down another cartridge. (i was thinking .222 remington).

Any thoughts anyone ??

Many thanks
Brent98k

Re: 7.62x25mm tokarev ammo solution

I've a CZ-52 and do hand loads for it as well. Some ammo mfg'ers like S&B use boxer primed brass, but mostly I shoot surplus burden primed stuff. Surplus depending country of mfg runs between 1200 an 1650 fps from my CZ, don't what the T-33's will stand in pressure, sorry.

Damn, I'm so freaking glad i didnt buy that 52 a few months back. Surplus spam cans dissipated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, I'm so freaking glad i didnt buy that 52 a few months back. Surplus spam cans dissipated. </div></div>

The old adage, buy it cheap and stack it deep, has merit.

I went in deep when 7.62X25 was 85 bucks for 1240rds. Wolf 7.62X39 was 75 a 1000 an 7.62x54r was $45.00 a 1000. The guns were dirt cheap back then also.

I scored a deal on Tok ammo, snapped up a couple hundred rounds of Wolf Gold at the surplus ammo price, you need to watch for small deals that don't know what they have.