• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 700 Broughton project complete (Pics added)

stillbuster

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 14, 2008
Tupelo, MS
I used Brownells Moly/Teflon Gunkote.
The action/barrel are Dark Park Gray, the bolt is black. It turned out to my liking.
I do not know how well it is going to hold up on the stainless Broughton barrel. Even after I blasted the barrel with 80 grit aluminum oxide it was still quite slick.
That Broughton steel is hard.
I also changed to high rings from mediums to get my head in a more upright position for a more consistant cheek weld (I hope).
Check out the new bolt knob design, it rules.
All machining compliments of W.L. Daily Precision.
Action blueprinted, bolt knob, barrel cut, threaded and chambered with match reamer, PTG standard thickness recoil lug, barrel finished 20" from front of recoil lug.
I tuned the factory old style trigger myself, it breaks at 2.3lbs, added a Gre-tan lightweight firing pin and bedded the scope base with devcon.
It is a hammer...

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1483.jpg

Re: 700 Broughton project complete

Are you talking about pics of targets? No
If I do my part it shoots same hole with FGMM.

Nice rig. If you blasted with 80grit al-ox and degreased the hell out of it, the paint should hold up pretty well.

Nice rig!

I've been shopping barrels for my 700 lately. If you don't mind me asking what twist rate is that Broughton barrel, and how much do these run?

Hey StillBuster, do you have any pics of the action area up close? I'm painting several guns coming up with different blacks and greys and wanted to see what the black looked like next to that grey.

Great job by the way!

Mike

error4o4- RoT is 1/10. Depending on who you buy from $300-400. I posted a WTB in the classifieds and one of the hide members sold me mine so I didn't have to wait.

m1k3- I will try to get you a close up.

Here are a couple 870's in Flat Dark Earth that I just finished.

870s008.jpg

870s001.jpg

nice stick,is the barrel a "C" canted or stanard,whats the contour

5"C"
Contour is a 7.97 1000 YRD. F-CLASS Starts at recoil lug 1.25 Finishes at 1.15 at 20"