• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 77smk as sd round

Recently picked up 500 77smk's to play with. After reading this I may pick up some more. Currently my around the house load is a 60gr vmax. Coming out of a 14.5" around 2600. Seems a little slow but it's hard on critters. Haven't tried it on pigs yet. That'll tell the tale.

Recently picked up 500 77smk's to play with. After reading this I may pick up some more. Currently my around the house load is a 60gr vmax. Coming out of a 14.5" around 2600. Seems a little slow but it's hard on critters. Haven't tried it on pigs yet. That'll tell the tale.
Do you reload? If so there is more speed to be had.

Do you reload? If so there is more speed to be had.
Yeah I loaded them. Wasn't really sure what to expect out of a 14.5, I really don't load for my ar's that much, in fact this was a first, but it did seem slow. I was already seeing ejector swipe so stopped where it shot decent. And I loaded a thousand of them. Oops.

60gr vmax, 24-25gr of power pro 2000mr, can't quite remember, cci 400 and pmc brass.

I'm definitely going to lean on the next batch a little more.

I have a 13" gun with a mid length gas. It shoots 75g HPBT at 2,691 fps. They are loaded with 24.7g of TAC being ignited with CCI41. Ramshot lists load data for 5.56 pressures and this load is well below max.

VV data.png

Reactions: Chicory01 and XP1K
I don't even bother with heavier match grade bullets for my SBR. It's a 100 yard and under gun for me. Current load for the SBR is H335 with Bob's Bullets in 55 grain. The H335 runs perfect through a powder measure so loading is quicker and the pills are .08 each. I save my time & money for my longer match barrels.