• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7RUM and berger vld's

backy33

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2011
Hey all, new to the forum here and looks everyone has alot of great info.

I have a remmy sendero II in a 7RUM. Been shooting scirocco 150's out of it and just havent had that great of results. Decided to go to 168gr vlds and curious what everyone would use for powder behind it. I like retumbo but would be open to suggestions.

Also i dont have a OAL guage and would like to get close to the lands. Anyone have a sendero II and know about where that would be...approximately anyway. Thanks for the help.

Re: 7RUM and berger vld's

H-1000 first choice.
Retumbo great choice as well.
H4831sc also good.

pm lr-wsm he knows all about that you will need a few things to do yours, gun from gun changes between the tooling and who was on the line each gun has its own measurements, this may change .001's but it is a change. he can explain the tools you need but i tell you its cheaper to just have the local gunsmith to measure it all.

+1 to james suggestion but id add Vihtavuori N560 to that list, its worth looking at

I have had the rem sendero the original in 7mm ultra mag, one that i baught back in about 2001 i think. I have just about shot it out (probly 300 differnt conf) trying to find a bullet, powder, primer combo that shoots under 3/4 moa. last year I got some 168 berger's from my brother and loaded up Rl25, h1000, and aa8700 and a few other powders that I can not think of because I am out to sea on a fishing boat righ at the moment. I could not get the 168 to fly AT ALL. With rem and the 7 ultra I have not been aboe to reach the lands with the bullet. I have extended the bullet til it just bairly ejects out of the ejection port and still have not touched the lands. I may be mistaken but I think that remington did that so that people can not put the bullet into the lands and have bad pressure spikes. the gun is my go to gun and have shot Many many critters with it. I have settled on rl25 at 90 grns, hornady 175 sp and rem cases, cci 250 primer. I shot my best group at 500 yards of 2 1/2 inches. my best animal I took was a moose at 539 yards from the kneeling position. 2 bullets that I shot went compleatly through the animal behind the shoulder. I could not get the 175 grn sierra mk to fly. but all this info is bassed on the rem sendero I model. might of changed a little with the II model dont know since I have not had any dealing with the II model. with my gun I get about 3-4 good shots then the groups open up after that. My hunting buddy also has the same setup and had the same problems that I had and just went with the same load and bullets after he had the same problems I had. if you need any mor info I will be home in about 3 weeks and can go over my info then.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey all, new to the forum here and looks everyone has alot of great info.

I have a remmy sendero II in a 7RUM. Been shooting scirocco 150's out of it and just havent had that great of results. Decided to go to 168gr vlds and curious what everyone would use for powder behind it. I like retumbo but would be open to suggestions.

Also i dont have a OAL guage and would like to get close to the lands. Anyone have a sendero II and know about where that would be...approximately anyway. Thanks for the help. </div></div>

Sugar,

I shoot a few 7mm's and here's an inkling to OEM 700 constraints in l/a with a 162 A-Max.

DAD_9681.jpg

The 7 RUM is a Goat Fuck.

Just sayin'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Living Large</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey all, new to the forum here and looks everyone has alot of great info.

Also i dont have a OAL guage and would like to get close to the lands. Anyone have a sendero II and know about where that would be...approximately anyway. Thanks for the help. </div></div>

Sugar,

I shoot a few 7mm's and here's an inkling to OEM 700 constraints in l/a with a 162 A-Max.

DAD_9681.jpg

Just sayin'.

</div></div>

Shut-up dick head!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PSYOPS</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Living Large</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey all, new to the forum here and looks everyone has alot of great info.

Sugar,

DAD_9681.jpg

Just sayin'.

</div></div>

Shut-up dick head!! </div></div>

Much enjoying,that you are pretending to have a clue.

Too funny!

Especially with a 700 L/A box staring you in the face with max COAL constraints lauding the ubiquitous 162A-Max in glaring extrapolation.

Bless your heart!

Let's entice your dumbfucktitude with some S/A extrapolations,contrary to the 2.990" proffered prior and obviously.

Even offered you some side by each comparisons,to further cross your eyes.

Bless your heart!

DAD_9703.jpg

Living Large-
Nice lineup to compare. Could you tell us the cartridges, left to right? 7 SAUM looks like its 5th from right (on your second, short action, photo).

If I had to guess,it'd be left to right: 7-08,7-08AI,7ShamWow,284Win and 7 Whizzum,shown in their Alpha 2-esque COAL guise(2.990") and their 700-ish OEM COAL counterpart at 2.815".

Though of course,that is not a guess.

Just a treatise for the astute to be cognizant of the pitfalls of being enthralled with headstamps,less giving bullets a thunk way prior. Obviously the gals here do not shoot much.