• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision 8 piggys down for sure. A few more unconfirmed.

TEXASLAWMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
Well I had high hopes for this weekend raising the Dead Piggy Counter but it just was not meant to be. We ended up only hunting for a few hours Saturday night but still had a great time. The main ranch house Is a totally refurbished 1800's plantation house.

We smoked BBQ evey day!

Again for the short hunting portion of the weekend the grass and vegetation was so tall it only allowed for a few fast shots on the groups of pigs. Also it was 97% humidity with heavy fog I could only see about 50 yards with my pvs-14. We ended up taking the windshield out of the polaris and I drove using the MTM thermal.

We arrived at the first feeder the same time as a group of about five adults and at least 30 piglets did, the piglets looked like little ants running around snatching up the kernels of corn. My friend and I both got set up to shoot when his night vision quit so it was up to me to take them out. I found the lead sow and she went down DRT, two more sows went down, and then all I could see were flashes of black hot as the little piglets ran in every direction. Couldn't help but laugh almost every time I fired there was the thud from the impact and a black flash in the thermal from the spray. Finally hit one more sow as she made it to the fence we heard the thud but never found her, the fence was 200 yards from us. We also are not exactly sure how many piglets went down either, the tall grass and hot cow pies everywhere made it hard to locate them even with thermal. And of course when we went back to review the video we got the black screen again ugggh.

We got new batteries in my friends nv, fixed the mdvr cables, and headed out to the next feeder only 500 yards from the first. Surprisingly there were several pigs under this feeder also. So we did the 3-2-1-fire countdown my first target was saved by the feeders metal leg, the second went down, then I found another bad primer, and finally I hit the one piglet that chose to run the wrong way.
This is a daytime picture of the feeder we were standing next to this stand while firing so it gives you an idea of range.

Here is the lost piglet lol.

And here is the video!
Thermal Texas Hog Hunt - YouTube

Another cool video. We got on a few pigs here last night with D740's and a PVS14. Hopefully you've found the last of the bum primers

Another cool video. We got on a few pigs here last night with D740's and a PVS14. Hopefully you've found the last of the bum primers

I thought I had shot everything from the ones I got oil on. But I found a mag with a few rounds stuck between the front seat so I used them. Now for sure all the ones I could have possibly contaminated are gone. If there are anymore bad ones now then Its a bad batch.