• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.860 shims/crush washers

Blackie Lawless

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2021
USA
Hello!

I’m new to the site and I tried some searches to see if I could come up with any info

I have a Remington 700 tactical with a threaded muzzle.

Barrel diameter at the muzzle reads .858 OD and my Strike Industries JComp G2 is more like .870 OD but I didn’t measure it specifically.

I have it mounted and clocked with the included crush washer, but I am wanting to find a crush washer or shim(s) that are .860 so I have less of a transition and it would better protect the step at the muzzle end of the barrel.

So if anyone knows of any sources the could link in their response it would be greatly appreciated. In the time that I have searched the web over the last four days I have looked at enough shims and crush washers to drive a man crazy lol

If I only had my own lathe it would be an easy solution.

I believe you should avoid crush washers on the muzzle. Others can chime in on the accuracy of that recommendation.
Stainless shims are on Amazon. Come in a multipack with various thicknesses.

I believe you should avoid crush washers on the muzzle. Others can chime in on the accuracy of that recommendation.
Stainless shims are on Amazon. Come in a multipack with various thicknesses.
That’s if it will be used for a can. If just a brake/flash hider by itself it’ll be alright with a crush washer.
The crush washer can crush unevenly and with a can that’s a concern because a difference in thickness means an angular change and the further you get away from the muzzle the larger that angles linear effect becomes. So shims or a peel washer to ensure that it’s equally thick the entire way around and not canting one direction more than another.

Last edited:
Thanks all!

So far got 90-100 through it and no strikes on the brake and it’s holding tight.

Researching stock upgrades now

Seems to be few offerings for ADL’s