• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm pcc build

Whenever I get my hands on one. They are supposed to be releasing them here at shot and we are sup;posed to have them in hand early February.

Reactions: black5.3
FWIW I've had a PSA 9mm upper with PSA 16in barrel and Glock lower for about a year now (I added a Rise Armament LE145 4.5lb single stage trigger and Sig Romeo 5). I've put thousands of rounds thru it. Totally fun and surprisingly accurate with 115-147 FMJ rounds. Eats aluminum cased rounds without a hitch. I've had 2 small issues tho. The first is apparently not uncommon: a very finicky bolt catch/release. The second just happened 2 days ago when the ejector came loose and jammed up the gun pretty well. The ejector is held in place by 2 screws that just press it against the receiver. The screws came loose and so did the ejector. No major harm was done and I fixed it at the range. I never did check those screws for tightness after my initial check when it first arrived and it doesn't look like they were loctited. The ejector did sustain some scratches and a small gouge. I contacted PSA and they have a new ejector on its way. I'll be loctiting those screws when the replacement ejector arrives.

That said, I really enjoy the gun, especially for the price. So much so that I'm probably going to buy a 10.5 or 8 in PSA upper to use on the lower (with appropriate brace) when I want to go smaller. It's just easier than building one.

If I was going to buy or build another or start over I'd seriously consider one of the side charging models from other companies (not a rear charging handle fan even tho I own and handful of ARs) but for the money the PSA 9mm has been a blast.

I have an upper thats all AR Stoner from Midway on my birthday special pricing. The lower was a Tennessee Arms poly lower. It should have been called a 97% lower because I had to file on it some to make it fit. Then i had to bend the extractor closer to the center line of bolt. I haven't shot it much, only 3-400, but all the hiccups seem to be out of it. I have the KAW heavy spring in it with an 8oz buffer. Its still kicks pretty hard shooting the law mann 147g ammo, considering its a 9mm. I would like to try the 9oz.

Just got an email from Primary Arms. They have FM 9mm uppers on sale with free PA red dots. I impulsively ordered a 9.5 in barreled side charger with flash can. Looking forward to it! Was gonna buy a 10.5in PSA upper but heck the FM with side charger, can and RDS was only $90 more than the PSA 10.5 in upper.

Definitely lots of different options and thank you guys for posting your experiences. If I was going to run a standard blowback operated upper my decisions would be a lot easier and a lot cheaper.

Reactions: Seakphotog
Ran across this while googling for some questions I had, so thought I'd ask here too.

Did you end up going with the CMMG RDB? I'm looking at the bolt/barrel combo to go with a side charger and saw one guy mention that the CMMG requires the LRBHO to be in the lower. Anyone know if that's true?

I've already got the aero epc lower, which doesn't have LRBHO, and was planning on the spartan side charge that does have it, but if it won't work with the CMMG I'll probably just go full mall ninja and run the short stroke JP deal.

My cmmg banshee has been on order for about 10 months now.. LGS keeps saying it should come any day now and has been saying that for the last 3 months..... just waiting.

I built on a New Frontier 80% lower but also have one of their complete lowers. I also used their 8" complete upper. Went with all 3 weights in the buffer to tungsten. With or without the can (SiCo Osprey9), it's smooth and the dot hardly moves with 124 or 147 ammo.
16653.jpeg