• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A Few Notes on Prying Eyes

I am thinking this story is likely about this tech. I just happened by it this morning. Clearview AI?

That's not them. The guys I'm referring to do not appear in any news big news stories and the mission of their company, as stated on their website, is so innocuous you might yawn.

But of course there are endless firms out there doing something to capitalize on any part of you.

Hi,

......What is/has been shown in the civilian corporate world is about 5-10 years behind the .gov/.r&d world.....

Data scrapping and Data analysis are the keys to both; great things and bad intentions......

Sincerely,
Theis

A perfect example, or perhaps imperfect, is Google Maps. What they give away for free will come just short of letting read my license plates on my car sitting in the driveway. Imagine what they have most of us dont know about.... :eek:

Sounds like a new normal if there are multiple companies that advanced pushing this tech. Interesting times indeed!

No Alexa, no RING, no webcam, Siri turned off (like that matters), and my car is, well, the dumbest tech on the road I'm guessing! No navigation, On-Star, satellite radio, bluetooth, etc. Seriously, if I'm cold I turn the knob towards the red side. Hot? Towards the blue. I'm sure they have lots on me but I won't help. One thing I discovered today was that cell providers keep recording for an undisclosed period of time after you make and hang up from a 911 call. My CCW instructor told us that in the event that "that" call needs to be made hang up, turn your phone off, and drop it in the toilet, throw it in the yard, whatever! Just don't have it near you as lots of evidence can be gathered. That was a WTF moment!

That's not them. The guys I'm referring to do not appear in any news big news stories and the mission of their company, as stated on their website, is so innocuous you might yawn.

But of course there are endless firms out there doing something to capitalize on any part of you.

Yep, company i used to work for was like that.

I could translate most any name or phone number into addresses, VIN numbers, license plate numbers, credit scores, and just about anything else in a few seconds.

Wasn't big on the graphing, though, except as that related to drilling down on customer experiences in phone calls, sms, and chat.

Best thing to do is what W54 said.

If you don't like this shit.

#1 stop letting your fear control you
#2 work to put a stop to it

The internet initially was so alluring because it offered people the sense of anonymity where they could freely express themselves without owning their words...those days are long gone...we all live in virtual glass houses now. There is no privacy, the trick now is to not give them a reason to look at you.

I remember not too long ago, a thing was going around and it was quite 'fashionable' to so many people (whom needed to be popular'er) to put up their baby/youngster pictures of "then" as well as recent pictures of "now"......

Gee, I wonder why that craze got started? On a social media platform no less. Isn't that where those words such as "pharming" and "ficioung" and "inventabunchoflettersrandomly" to be the next catchphrase, come to play?

Reactions: lash
The internet initially was so alluring because it offered people the sense of anonymity where they could freely express themselves without owning their words...those days are long gone...we all live in virtual glass houses now. There is no privacy, the trick now is to not give them a reason to look at you.

I mused for a long time about why they call it the 'inter NET' and the 'world wide WEB'.

What do you do with a net? What does a spider do with its WEB?

Maybe its not coincidence.

The internet and any IT is the slave collar that people put on happily and willingly. It also disconnects you from reality. Everyone gets lost in their phone.

It's all fine and dandy till the Feds want you and they start talking about how you used to beat off to I Dream of Genie, on Tuesdays. Suddenly privacy will seem relevant. :)

Reactions: Ravenworks
The internet and any IT is the slave collar that people put on happily and willingly. It also disconnects you from reality. Everyone gets lost in their phone.

It's all fine and dandy till the Feds want you and they start talking about how you used to beat off to I Dream of Genie, on Tuesdays. Suddenly privacy will seem relevant. :)
Which channel is it on?

We are past all of this...they already know it all.

What I ordered from Midway, magwarehouse, CameraLand, etc etc with email confirmations...

All of my background checks

All of my security clearance checks

Credit card purchases

Photos of me taking a leak outside

If voting made a difference, they wouldn't let us do it.

Now, this here "smart" phone...how about ALL of your text messages

Live life, be happy and don't do illegal shit. I say KCUF'em...and yes, I live in the mountains. Folks heading this way when shit gets hard are going to realize shit will be even more difficult for them as they start up hill.

E

As someone that has worked on many similar projects like the OP mentioned, let me say this: There is nowhere to hide.

Camouflage, misdirection and mis-information are your cloaks these days if you wish to get "lost in the noise".

Everyone is watched in some way; the trick is to not be noticed in plain sight....

Actualy EU is nowhere close to even US let alone China and unlike US it put in place restrictions (GDPR) on this shit , your personal data is much more freely shared and sold without your knowledge and consent for profit in US, you and your personal data are the product , the algorithms that Chinese state is using are already being used by Corporations but US.Gov is not far behind ,honestly after China US is by leaps and bounds most active in spying on folks.
My post was not about who's collecting the most personal data.
It is about using it for a "Social Score" A score that will determine whether or not you can get health care, whether or not you get a job and many other aspects of life.
Sure, right now many companies will look at your Facebook and Instagram or something. But when the govt assigns you a score? Yeah it's going to be the EU next. We still have guns!!!

Wait, wait just hold the fuck up.
Are you saying that they lied when they said that they didn't know anything about the Las Vegas shooters? <<<<< Yes that's plural.
The shooter they blamed and the actual shooter? you don't really think that some washed up gambler actually did that. Do you?

I saw this driving to Virginia the other day.
IMG_20200117_172119.jpg

I predict that it is only a matter of time before health insurance companies require DNA information before granting coverage, and then they will use that information to either set higher rates for people whose DNA says they are at higher risk of developing expensive health problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular issues, senility, etc, or to use that information to say they will sell a policy, but will not cover conditions #1, 2, 3, etc for those people.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
We basically have a digitized manifestation of ourselves that lives in the online world and we have manifested that alternate reality into everything we do now, Our refrigerator, light switches, door knobs, toaster ovens, cars, that now have gone online and have digital representations and interfaces to the online reality. In the industry they refer to it as the IoT... Internet of Things. As everything starts to talk to each other and these interactions are all captured by Big Data Centers. you are leaving a digital trail of interaction with the physical world as well as the online world, so you don't just have to be careful what you do or say in the online one but as well as the physical one. Not just your smart speakers but also your phones are constantly logging your conversations and sending that data out to advertisers and god knows who else (anyone who wants to buy it pretty much). If It will get to a point where have an all encompassing data set that can be used to document your entire life. The big push for AI (artificial inteligence) is mainly being driven by these vast quantities of data they have been collecting, but do not have the resources to analyze and leverage. The biggest investors of AI just so happen to also be the biggest collectors of data...hmmm

My post was not about who's collecting the most personal data.
It is about using it for a "Social Score" A score that will determine whether or not you can get health care, whether or not you get a job and many other aspects of life.
Sure, right now many companies will look at your Facebook and Instagram or something. But when the govt assigns you a score? Yeah it's going to be the EU next. We still have guns!!!

'Social score' is already being used en masse, it might be packaged differenty than Chinese but its not far off.

You can bet your money its already being used for your job ,promotions, schooling (diversity enrolment, racial equaliser ....etc), insurance(so healthcare) ,law enforcment basicaly runs on 'social score' system ............, many other aspects of your life. You might not have the transportation quite (altough the whole represive aparatus at the airports is beyond cazy soon they will be taking DNA swabs )like chinese but most other components are there and already being used and US is world leader in this , you are also by considerable margin most agressively steered to vote 'right' ,Chambridge analyitica might be dead but similar outfits continue on, with same stuff , kinda comes with the multi bilion dolar campaigns

There is no metric that says EU would be even remotely close to that ( exception might be UK that is actualy in many ways the trailblazer for these things ,Chinese migth have learned a thing or two from the Brits ,Brit outfits also run the show for many of the most represive regimes in ME , as well as being the bigest foreign player in US media/propaganda machine ).
EU is relatively loose union with many goverments and hundrets of political parties, similary the media is far from consolidated and like said for now EU has much higher level of your data protection that anyone else also lacks, own Silicon Valley giants with all your data to help run the show.

At present it looks like EU is drafting legislation that will outlaw facial recognition ither on private or public property, for now planed for 5y period till they figure out what impact this tech is going to have.

Owning guns is irelevant when it comes to this (guns are just another metric for your social score) and EU is very diverse group of countries some of us have more guns than others but like said not that it maters with these issues. you can have all the guns in the world and still be playing one and a zero in your social score system

Last edited:
Reactions: Mwalex
Sir, do you have an Ingles "advantage" card?

Sir, do you belong to our "members" club?

The big deal here is who decides who the bad guys are... When the big G decides we ( I mean those of us who take the Constitution to heart) are the bad guys then we are between a rock and a hard place.

E

Somewhat related....
How many have a faraday bag to “hide” your phone in while you travel? This could be a useful device if you want to move without being tracked or listened to. Yes. You can simply leave your phone someplace and retrieve it later, but in an emergency it might be helpful for you got jammed up. With a “bag” your movements are unknown and unrecorded until you take it back out. The down side is that the systems will also record that it’s “gone” for a time also. Simply leaving it home would bring less attention.

Somewhat related....
How many have a faraday bag to “hide” your phone in while you travel? This could be a useful device if you want to move without being tracked or listened to. Yes. You can simply leave your phone someplace and retrieve it later, but in an emergency it might be helpful for you got jammed up. With a “bag” your movements are unknown and unrecorded until you take it back out. The down side is that the systems will also record that it’s “gone” for a time also. Simply leaving it home would bring less attention.

Buy a burner phone for that.

Even "off" and even in a "cage" The sensors on your phone can be used with reasonably certainty to determine if it's you carrying it around while walking or someone else. Also it could be determined how much you walked or if you ran and many other things. All of which can be uploaded next time the phone is out of the cage. Not to mention that your phone could appear to be "off" and still be listening and recording then upload all that next time it's out of the cage. It all depends on is anyone actually interested in you?

But what you really need to do, is make sure your spy device is reporting that it's following your normal pattern.
This takes a lot more work than you might think and requires planning, possibly a change in patterns long before.

Even "off" and even in a "cage" The sensors on your phone can be used with reasonably certainty to determine if it's you carrying it around while walking or someone else. Also it could be determined how much you walked or if you ran and many other things. All of which can be uploaded next time the phone is out of the cage. Not to mention that your phone could appear to be "off" and still be listening and recording then upload all that next time it's out of the cage. It all depends on is anyone actually interested in you?

But what you really need to do, is make sure your spy device is reporting that it's following your normal pattern.
This takes a lot more work than you might think and requires planning, possibly a change in patterns long before.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a useful open source phone?

Reactions: deersniper

Sounds like the best option would be to leave it home....

Reactions: Mwalex
tech is bad , those that makes tech are witches , using black magic sacrificing children's souls to there dark sith lord burn the witches but first you need popcorn and a good yard chair you don't want to have to stand at a bbq you need a comfortable seat and a good cool drink cause popcorn can kill without a drink , then burn the witches ... or drown them then burn them maybe its stone drown then burn.

Last edited:
100% social score for 2020 in US

a.) no more than mid 30s - not old enough to burden the healthcare system , old enough for heavy use of pharmaceutical products
b.) non white ,not asian - can't have them too smart
c.) tick at least one box in LGBT++ - preferably more than one
d.) have a useless social sciences degree and loads of student debt- bondage keeps folks conforming
e.) work 2 jobs ,second job involves ,sucking cock, puting out pussy and/or ass ..... - keeps the money rolling and fresh meat for higher ups
f.) single parent -preparing the next fucked up generation ,boosts consumer score , besides traditional family is white privilege
g.) vote Democrat - its hip right now and dumb fucks don't realise there is only one party - Republican is just a box for older folks to tick
h.) active on social media - easy to track, mold ,steer and sell all the shit they don't need
i. ) vegan - have you ever seen a farm in a city ? someone has to buy the goldplated crap farm animals and Chinese wouldn't touch
j.) anti gun - because guns kill people , leave that part to the Police they are quite good at it with 1k bodies per year
k.) loves Apple ,Disney,Amazon -some one has to keep the sweat shops in China and bonuses on Wall Street rolling. Bondage is absolute.
l.) pro imigration - we can't have us runing out of dumb fucks that tick at least one or multiple points on this list.
m.) have a mortage and plenty of credit card debt - it keeps the lights going on Wall Street with FED printing fiat and negative rates.
n.) watch CNN ,read WaPo when in doubt tune into Rachel Maddow show - someone has to steer the flock
o.) watch car chase per week and 2-3 cop shows per day .-reinforces the illusion that only ever more represive gov can protect you

Might have forgoten some but you get the idea how it works.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I predict that it is only a matter of time before health insurance companies require DNA information before granting coverage, and then they will use that information to either set higher rates for people whose DNA says they are at higher risk of developing expensive health problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular issues, senility, etc, or to use that information to say they will sell a policy, but will not cover conditions #1, 2, 3, etc for those people.

Beware Agent Smith

1579453437829.png

100% social score for 2020 in US

a.) no more than mid 30s - not old enough to burden the healthcare system , old enough for heavy use of pharmaceutical products
d.) have a useless social sciences degree and loads of student debt- bondage keeps folks conforming
e.) work 2 jobs ,second job involves ,sucking cock, puting out pussy and/or ass ..... - keeps the money rolling and 1% with fresh supply
f.) single parent -preparing the next fucked up generation ,boosts consumer score , besides traditional family is white privilege
g.) vote Democrat - its hip right now and dumb fucks don't realise there is only one party - Republican is just a box for older folks to tick
h.) active on social media - easy to track, mold ,steer and sell all the shit they don't need
i. ) vegan - have you ever seen a farm in a city ? someone has to buy the goldplated crap farm animals and Chinese wouldn't touch
j.) anti gun - because guns kill people , leave that part to the Police they are quite good at it with 1k bodies per year
k.) loves Apple ,Disney,Amazon -some one has to keep the sweat shops in China and bonuses on Wall Street rolling. Bondage is absolute.
l.) pro imigration - we can't have us runing out of dumb fucks that tick at least one or multiple points on this list.
m.) have a mortage and plenty of credit card debt - it keeps the lights going on Wall Street with FED printing fiat and negative rates.
n.) watch CNN ,read WaPo when in doubt tune into Rachel Maddow show - someone has to steer the flock
o.) watch car chase per week and 2-3 cop shows per day .-reinforces the illusion that only ever more represive gov can protect you

Might have forgoten some but you get the idea how it works.

Mr. BR,

You are very close.

I worked for an outfit tracked/monitored by big G. I was told "we want married, with kids and high debt". I no longer work there?

E

Reactions: ewoaf
In really an EMP will be closer to Y2K. Things like door bells and network cards will be fried but most stuff will still work.

In really an EMP will be closer to Y2K. Things like door bells and network cards will be fried but most stuff will still work.

Autos and aircraft will still work, as will many medical devices. There are a lot of people that claim otherwise, but I've yet to hear a single one of them demonstrate any expertise in EMC validation standards or even the most current understanding of modern design practices.

Consumer electronics are probably fucked. A bit of nominal ESD protection on the USB jack ain't gonna matter when a modern phone gets hit by 1kV/m at 10GHz.

But the real problem is the electrical distribution network. Even if every single semiconductor survives, the grid won't. E3 will couple nicely to the distribution system, and a whole lotta magic smoke is going to get released. And even if the spare parts existed to fix this mess (it doesn't), just bringing the grid back up might be a months-long process. And by that time, we could be looking at a loss of 50-75% of the population. Everyone thinks they'll survive and others won't, right up to the point where a bit of sepsis sends them to the afterlife.

We'd be better-off finding other solutions.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
Imagine 300 million Americans running around half-crazed because their electronic pacifier has quit working.....

I’m betting the young adult suicide rate would spike.

Just wait until the chemical stimulants dry up. Withdrawal is a real bitch; I bet it's not any more pleasant in the middle of an apocalypse.

We are very vulnerable to attack as a nation imo. So many articles out there discussing the vulnerabilities of our infrastructure but I agree with the above.

With that said. I sort of view this situation sort like the thinking during the Cold War of mutually assured destruction.

An effective attack on the US will crash markets. Most of the world relies on US consumers to keep there economies afloat.

Imo, the things to be worries about would be highly functional crazy people/ anarchists that want to burn everything to the ground or all out war. I think anything else, would crash the global economy and it’s not worth it to most bad actors to do that other than the all out war scenario.

No offense, but the world does not need an EMP.

There would be a massive loss of life, insurmountable anarchy, and medicine would be set back by about a century.

Very likely, you and I would be included in the first wave of die-offs.

The world depends on electricity for communication, commerce, and many other essential needs.

Greg
Your a very smart man. I enjoy your posts. But I respectfully disagree. All that essential stuff you speak of is only essential because people let it, because of ignorance or convenience. Even up here in Alaska if you buy food in the grocery store you buy things from Mexico, Thailand, ect. Obviously it would not be easy to grow avacados up here but do you really believe cilantro is better grown in Mexico and trucked across a entire continent Rather than be grown locally? And how many people as we speak are driving a car without the knowledge or common sense to change a tire? A smart aware person should be able to make due without. Emp has been known about for a while. You got no excuse for being caught with your pants down.

The Beverly Hillbillies , Granny with her dentures out ... fuhgeddaboutit

@MosesTheTank - I aint a rat by any means, nor do I step outta the confines of the law in the way I used to either tho... but do you think he could zero in on this individual? Just curious.

LOL Alpraking used to admin a subreddit called the "Xanax Cartel". Fortunately for him he wisened up and went dark, a free man to this day. Better be careful how he moves them BTC around tho. Point is, I still think Tor in combination w/ Tales is fairly secure. Tho like I said its been quite a while since I kept up with the goings-on of that world.. so my info could be dated. I dont think ANY darknet marketplace has ever been taken down without an insider getting snatched up and snitching, but don't quote me on that

I’d be rather upset if my scopes were taken out by an emp. The ones i have are low tech enough as they wouldnt be affected.
More so speaking of future production, if I lost my illumination... yeah man thin out some douche bags, if I lost the possibility of having my new objective spun up and polished by a computer controlled apparatus I would rather just keep living with the db’s and get quality range time for therapy

Reactions: nikonNUT
Nobel thought his invention would bring peace to the world.

Marketers try to use this shit and claim its "beneficial".

Everyone rejects the real, vivid, bloody history of the analog 20th Century and the literary warnings of Aldous Huxley, George Orwell and Franz Kafka.

The could only imagine a tech world that is just a shadow of what is now reality and look how horrifying their literary worlds were.

Imagine 1943 Netherlands and the SS knocks on the Pieron family residence......"Our records indicate you ordered more food from Amazon than the number of occupants needs....whats up with that?"

Yeah Freedom and technology!
At least Bob had an idea of what he had unleashed:
1579476841692.png

R

I dont think ANY darknet marketplace has ever been taken down without an insider getting snatched up and snitching, but don't quote me on that

Insider snitching is about the only dang way that any illegal operation gets rolled up.

Insider snitching is about the only dang way that any illegal operation gets rolled up.
True, as most are or have some total retards and got punk bitches in the ranks that’ll fold under pressure... I was just pointing out that AFAIK Tor in combo w/ Tales ain’t been compromised.. and if you were the risk taking type could use it to run a multi million $$$ dope operation.. or communicate with allies under the nose of a tyrannical regime, etc... obviously I’m oversimplified things for the sake of post length, but ya get my drift

True, as most are or have some total retards and got punk bitches in the ranks that’ll fold under pressure... I was just pointing out that AFAIK Tor in combo w/ Tales ain’t been compromised.. and if you were the risk taking type could use it to run a multi million $$$ dope operation.. or communicate with allies under the nose of a tyrannical regime, etc... obviously I’m oversimplified things for the sake of post length, but ya get my drift

And my point is that focusing on the merits of a particular piece of technology and the capabilities of a potentially adversary is a good way to get blindsided by human behavior. Whether you're using TOR, a landline, or amateur radio, your likelihood of compromise is largely determined by the integrity of parties on the opposite end.

In so much that there is a takeaway to this whole thread, I'd say that the concept of conducting business in a face-to-face manner still has considerable merit in this day and age.

Last edited:
I am a rich old white guy, in my 70's and one of my gf's is an MD. She prescribes everything I need!
You want to be the dimmest bulb in the box???
I prefer choices. My choice is two bi-sexual women. Double my pleasure then watch them pleasure each other.
My degree is in how to pick up women. No debt, I am rich, remember. Bondage, not necessary, women love me!
e.) work 2 jobs ,second job involves ,sucking cock, puting out pussy and/or ass ..... - keeps the money rolling and fresh meat for higher ups
WORK? I am rich, remember. Do you have to work two jobs. Guess you have to if...well see...b.)
I like kids, so they can take care of me in my really old age
Dems? Repubs? Nope. I am an independent. If I was politically minded, I would want to be the benevolent dictator of the world.
I am social, but don't need media. Have it all.
Veggies: Recalled...Fish: Recalled because of Mercury poisoning in the sea...Beef: Recalled because of Hoof 'n' Mouth disease...the only thing left to eat would be Soylent Green!
Stern believer in the 2nd Amendment, so I can shoot off my mouth with the 1st Amendment.
Thought this one was going to be like...baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet...
Let everyone immigrate to the USA. I want the North Island of New Zealand!
No financial worries.
Who watches the boob tube. I just watch boobs. Both kinds. Idiots and Women's...
Again with the car chase. I have a car and cops chase ME! the repressive governor does protect me. I pay him enough!

Well this has been fun...

• Haha
Reactions: nikonNUT and Mr.BR