• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing A few pics of my dad's last two trips to Africa

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
Some of you guys have met my dad. Well he finally got his trophies in his hands this week and we got them hung up to look at so I thought I'd post some pictures here so he could show off a little.

IMG_2773.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2776.jpg

IMG_2777.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2779.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2787.jpg

Re: A few pics of my dad's last two trips to Africa

Frank, Loy has repeatedly said you're about like having a pet coon around, and he wanted me to post a picture of you he took at the Cup trainup this year to prove it. Now who's on the dopes? Your eyes even glow in two different colors when you're on a roll.
smile.gif

IMG_2753.jpg

Very nice work, and collection of animals. That cape buffalo mount looks awesome.

That is an awesome collection of animals there. It is the stuff that most of us dream about.

Tony your dad was great to talk to. I spoke with him about that hunt in depth at the Cup. Those are great mounts also. The work is quality!!!

One of these days I'll make it!!! May be a long time though!! lol

Great Pics and thanks for posting. I told my wife she needs to get a raise so I can start saving for a trip like that.

Later,
NOmag

Africa is FANTASTIC if I knew how to post a picture , I would post my cape buff.

Well crap, I told dad he was going to have to reply to everyone who asked questions after I posted the original pictures. But has that hard headed son of a gun taken the initiative to answer you guys?? NOOOOO!! Look dad, I'll answer these guys the best I can this time, but the next time you come to town I'm gonna ratchet strap your butt to a chair until you make some posts of your own here. I mean damn, according to you "every day is Saturday" so I KNOW you have time to post on the internet.

Dad says, "thanks for all the compliments, the trophies look even better in person"

He hunted in various places in South Africa. I'll let him give the exact places and details when I get him trained to post.

gei, if you can email the pictures to me I'll post them for you. You can send them to [email protected]

Ghog, they were mounted in SA by Marakalalo Trophies. All of the mounts came out very nice and the crating was well done too. There were no damaged areas of the trophies at all. We are very satisfied with the work. Good luck with your trip.

Loy is too busy hiding from the Avian Nation, and when he is smoking ganja it makes him incredibly paranoid, although in his defense, they are out to get him.
smile.gif

I love seeing nice trophys. I'll never be able to go there & do that. But I'll bet he really had a ball. Tell him congratulations from another old fart.

Wonder if you all have to wear safety glass so you don't poke your eyes out??? NICE critters!