• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A "Liberty USO", born on the idea of ,,,

Re: A "Liberty USO", born on the idea of ,,,

All these options people are listing are quite expensive ones.

34mm tube: $120
35mm tube: $80
windage stop: $145 (above the price of a standard US#3)
Anodizing, custom colors: $160
Lit reticle: $185

You guys need to give him something to work with. There is no freakin way Scott is gonna get a scope with all those options down into the "teens". The only options I can see splurging for in a build like this is an EREK and a GAP reticle or similar, I wouldn't even do a Tpal.

An SN-3 with a 30mm tube, US#3 knobs, and a GAP reticle will get you anywhere you need to go.

I understand that some people have 34 and 35 mm rings on their rigs but the vast majority of you have 30mm rings. This should be an one of the easiest decisions. USO's with 30mm tubes have sufficient elevation when combined with a sloped base to get a majority of the rifles here past their effective range. To the poster who made a referance to light transmission, BIGGER TUBES DO NOT TRANSMIT MORE LIGHT!

I love my 3-18x SFP scope. I'd love to see a FFP one with an mp8 dot reticle except instead of milrad, set up for MOA. I'd get one in a HEARTBEAT. The dot alone made me go from my nightforce and us optics(sold em both) and got this. my shooting has improved a great deal with the IOR and I love it a lot. I'd like to see a FFP with the knob covers like the old version and an mp8-dot MOA reticle. It'd be heaven. I'm not big on the giant erek knobs if it's an moa/moa setup. seems rather redundant. I'd also double layer the windage knob for left and right all the way around to the full 15 moa. just my thoughts. IOR has become my favorite scope.

Supersubes, you have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

Scott,

My 2cents follows Supersubes. Although the list of the higher priced options sound cool. For get em. You can't get us a scope in the teens (even 1999.99) that have those kind of features. Keep it simple.

Basic black-30mm tube
Low profile eye piece standard feature
ERGO if it can be done under 2k
EREK knob if price stays below 2k if not #3 knobs all around.
Build with lit upgrade possible for those that would want it down the road.
Reticle which ever is the best to keep costs down or best to keep the cost down.

I would be ok with even the basic scope with #1 knobs and covers on it with the H-25 reticle as I love that combo in an SN3. Maybe keep it basic but allow the guys the option of any reticle that can be made easily.

However, to keep it simple and make it something you could stock and sell....maybe the most basic scope listed below as an SN3:
30mm black tube,
ERGO,
low profile eye,
Mil/Mil, #1 and or #3 knobs
MD or GAP reticle or the SH MP8
lit upgradable
44mm objective

EREK only if still under 2k.

Not to be negative or anything, but I still dont see this working out. You are talking about going from $14something with rings for the 3-18 IOR, to $2K (Plus?) USO with no rings.

Wasnt the whole idea of this to keep it within the same price range? its not even close at this point.