• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Message from Jim @ Prime Ammo

Hey jim how do we ensure folks aren't buying the dumped ammo by Ruag?

Are all sales going to be direct, out is there some other way to differentiate what we are buying?

Hard to tell when I'm ordering online, I bought direct preorder but there have been sightings of Ruag dumping?

My understanding is that the only authorized Prime Ammo right now comes direct from Prime.

Why not just order direct anyway?

Reactions: RS14
If brass is NORMA that ruag made..if its Peterson brass its made state side
Haha, again I pre-ordered direct, fast forward, is Jim only planning on selling direct? If not how would you tell the difference on a website?

The new stuff says "made in the usa" hopefully that is enough to be able to detect and not support the dumping. It requires the online retailers to use the proper images.

Go buy Hornady ELDM, tell me how many sites use the right box picture.

Haha, again I pre-ordered direct, fast forward, is Jim only planning on selling direct? If not how would you tell the difference on a website?

The new stuff says "made in the usa" hopefully that is enough to be able to detect and not support the dumping. It requires the online retailers to use the proper images.

Go buy Hornady ELDM, tell me how many sites use the right box picture.

Jim is only selling "Made in USA" direct

Reactions: seansmd
Going forward I would assume Jim plans on some level of distribution though, I'm thinking trusted players like Mile High. In which case I think it'd be safe to say that Mile High is going to know where the ammo is coming from. Also, ultimately there can't be 2 Prime Ammunitions, right? I would guess that to be something to come out of the court ruling as well, one way or the other... You legal types will know better than me though.

Reactions: RS14 and seansmd
Order placed for a few cases of the 6.5cm magic. Lookin forward to the new rounds and more PRIME fun in the future!

Keep up the great work!

Just ordered some 6.5Creed! Looking forward to introducing it to some steel soon!

Well how's that for CS?!! Had a voicemail from Jim at Prime, thanking me for my order!

What calibers are currently available? I see 6.5 CM, anything else? Or in the near future?

I’d like to support them, I’m just fat on 6.5 right now.

I made the mistake of buying Prime ammo from another vendor and didn't know all this debacle between Ruag and Prime. I haven't shot any of it, but what's to expect from Ruag dumpoff? Is it going to be horribly bad? It was 175gr, says made in Switzerland or something.

I made the mistake of buying Prime ammo from another vendor and didn't know all this debacle between Ruag and Prime. I haven't shot any of it, but what's to expect from Ruag dumpoff? Is it going to be horribly bad? It was 175gr, says made in Switzerland or something.
Just save it until you need to defend hearth and home and country from communists. And buy your next batch direct from Prime.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Expect it to shoot exactly like it did before the dispute?
It didnt suddenly go back in time and become shit just because of a financial dispute. Its not magic.

Hi Jim, are you still on for an August 1st ship date?

Received an Email from Prime indicating that my order has been processed and i will be receiving an Email saying "You will receive your tracking number in 2-5 business days."

My wife got hers today....Peterson head stamped brass. Of course our local 100yd range is down until Wednesday...

ZY

IMG_0242.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

I post a thread in the equipment section but I don't think Frank will get upset at me for posting a thumbnail here.
Shots 2,3, and 4 out of my 6.5CM RPR.
517 yards 78 degrees AD of 2085ft Guys this stuff shoots lights light.
Bravo Zulu.
956344E1-E604-4D98-8321-6E20F65B1825.jpg

I post a thread in the equipment section but I don't think Frank will get upset at me for posting a thumbnail here.
Shots 2,3, and 4 out of my 6.5CM RPR.
517 yards 78 degrees AD of 2085ft Guys this stuff shoots lights light.
Bravo Zulu.
View attachment 7123650
Nice shooting! I got the email today, should be shipping soon.

Spoke with Ryan at Prime today, and he got me sorted, a case is headed my way. An hour later I got a call from Jim o"Shaughnessy. Jim wanted to say sorry for any confusion on my order, and we spoke for quite a while. Best customer service I have ever received from anyone in any industry. I was blown away, feel like I made a friend. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: RS14 and ZY100
My case arrived today. Had some swag in it too?. Can’t wait for range time this weekend ?

Has anyone shot the new recipe and run it through Kestrel AB, what bullet for you select, g1,g7, custom curve?

Any updates on the .223 ammo ?
I had to buy a couple of boxes of Blackhills 77 grain Sierra TMK's for an antelope cull hunt that I have coming up in 3 weeks 'cause I don't have time to do a load work up with hand loads and then load for the hunt.
My Mk 12 Mod 0 upper likes the BH ammo but it doesn't shoot like it's favorite flavor of Norma with a standard 77g MatchKing.
I was hoping that the Prime .223 was going to hit the streets a little sooner for some "Test & Evaluation"

Reactions: Langford
I’m a few parts away from finishing my precision 223 build...hoping to buy a case of prime to test out soon.

Just wanted to give my .02 cents with my experience with the new Prime 6.5 Creedmoor. I recently decided to purchase a case of ammo from Prime heading into a national level PRS match at Defy the Distance in the event I could not reload prior to the match. Long story short I was able to reload and pack out ammo for the match but also received the case of ammo prior to the match. Curious with the ammo I decided test it over a span of two or three days prior to the match. The results were outstanding. Consistently from the start of the day to the end of the day testing, I could not get the ammo to shoot above .5 MOA. I chronoed and took it out it distance at 1000 yards to true BC and make repeated hits on a 6 inch plate. After seeing the results I decided to roll with the Prime 6.5 Creed into the match. I was able to pull a top 10 finish at the match utilizing the ammo. I can confidently say that this ammo is the real deal. Here are some photos with what I saw.

Attachments

• A354B3A8-445C-40C9-B9F2-27AD3EFD9C0E.jpeg
    A354B3A8-445C-40C9-B9F2-27AD3EFD9C0E.jpeg
    772.1 KB · Views: 144
  • D8F96080-4DDD-4629-94AA-8A42C7694B07.jpeg
    D8F96080-4DDD-4629-94AA-8A42C7694B07.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 139
  • 3D1360E5-20EC-4D1B-8A50-845872347B61.jpeg
    3D1360E5-20EC-4D1B-8A50-845872347B61.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I'll pick up a case of 6.5 creed soon. My range is closed for the next couole weeks, but the initial precision reports of the new ammo are impressive

Does the new box provide G1 or G7 BC? Curious because no one has answered me yet and the pics above clearly show a pointed projectile. Just curious if they are using pointed 130 Hybrids or another projectile. @lowlight

Last edited:
Does the new box provide G1 or G7 BC? Curious because no one has answered me yet and the pics above clearly show a pointed projectile. Just curious if they are using pointed 105 Hybrids or another projectile. @lowlight
I’m trying to figure out what you are asking about exactly. The picture above is of the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, which uses OTM 130g Match per their website. I do not see a 6mm offering listed at all.

I’m trying to figure out what you are asking about exactly. The picture above is of the 6.5 Creedmoor ammo, which uses OTM 130g Match per their website. I do not see a 6mm offering listed at all.

My bad, I meant 130. It’s been corrected so theirs no confusion. I know their site says 130 OTM match but didn’t list brand of projectile and that’s what I’m curious about, if they are pointing 130 Berger Hybrids or is another custom made projectile per their request of maybe another manufacture.

Lol, that makes way more sense now.

Without re-reading the whole thread, I know the implication is that they are Berger 130 OTM, but don’t recall that being either confirmed or denied.

Lol, that makes way more sense now.

Without re-reading the whole thread, I know the implication is that they are Berger 130 OTM, but don’t recall that being either confirmed or denied.

That’s what I recall reading as well but after looking through entire thread and some others I can’t confirm it either. Only reason is the above question I posed, is are they pointed because they clearly look pointed unless that’s the way all of the 130 Berger’s come which means they do it from factory.

I have some FGMM March loaded with the 130 Berger’s and they clearly ARE NOT pointed and do not look like the ones loaded by PRIME

My understanding of this thread and Frank's video is it is VERY close to the previous DOPE for the Norma 130g, and you can use that and be extremely close. I do not believe they have publicly stated the bullet in the new recipe, and it is not clear it is commercially available. Jim did mention on several places the intent was to not have folks have to create new dope, and be very close, I believe they have achieved that.

I also understand AB has the new 6.5CM but have not heard if or when it will be in their update for Kestrel AB.

Reactions: Pusher591
Just wanted to give my .02 cents with my experience with the new Prime 6.5 Creedmoor. I recently decided to purchase a case of ammo from Prime heading into a national level PRS match at Defy the Distance in the event I could not reload prior to the match. Long story short I was able to reload and pack out ammo for the match but also received the case of ammo prior to the match. Curious with the ammo I decided test it over a span of two or three days prior to the match. The results were outstanding. Consistently from the start of the day to the end of the day testing, I could not get the ammo to shoot above .5 MOA. I chronoed and took it out it distance at 1000 yards to true BC and make repeated hits on a 6 inch plate. After seeing the results I decided to roll with the Prime 6.5 Creed into the match. I was able to pull a top 10 finish at the match utilizing the ammo. I can confidently say that this ammo is the real deal. Here are some photos with what I saw.
Nice!