• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Public Apology to ballistic1

ranger1183

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2006
Whitefish, MT, USA
I owe ballistic1 a very sincere apology as I acted in a very unprofessional, rude and obnoxious manner.

More precisely, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">I did not take the time or effort to carefully read, interpret correctly or react to a PM he sent.</span></span> There is NO excuse for what I have done.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I over reacted, spewed frustration and anger for which he, nor anyone else deserves, and in short, acted like a total and complete dick head with a brain smaller than a pea.</span>

What I did is a disservice to the Sniper's Hide, this community, the SHWW group and most of all to Ballistic1.

I am very sorry and will do whatever you feel is justified in making this matter good for you.

Scott

Re: A Public Apology to ballistic1

thats vary stand up of you, i think this is a good example of what others should be doing on the hide when things get out of hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ranger1183</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I owe ballistic1 a very sincere apology as I acted in a very unprofessional, rude and obnoxious manner.

More precisely, <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">I did not take the time or effort to carefully read, interpret correctly or react to a PM he sent.</span></span> There is NO excuse for what I have done.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I over reacted, spewed frustration and anger for which he, nor anyone else deserves, and in short, acted like a total and complete dick head with a brain smaller than a pea.</span>

What I did is a disservice to the Sniper's Hide, this community, the SHWW group and most of all to Ballistic1.

I am very sorry and will do whatever you feel is justified in making this matter good for you.

Scott </div></div>

With regards to ranger1183:

WOW... What started as a small misinterpretation of a PM has quickly morphed into nuclear mushroom cloud here.

The skinny: There was a transaction between ranger1183 and myself(ballistic1). He sold me a used item. I paid fast. He shipped fast. He presented/described item in just fashion. I understood condition on said item.
Received item Monday, it arrived on time, no shipping damage, excellent package job. I pulled item, reviewed the "wear and tear" on this item and decided that the blemishes were more ominous than I expected.

At this point, I decided to PM ranger about my finding that the blemishes were more than I realized and I had decided against keeping the item. I asked him for some possible back-up buyers he may have had from the OP.

Here is where the problem originates.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I (ballistic1) failed to write my PM in a manner wherein he properly understood what I meant to convey.</span>

In a PM or any written text, you can state your case or opinion, but the recipient can completely miss your tone or intent, and miss the gist of what you wanted to say. In an actual conversation, if you say something, and the other party begins to take it in the wrong manner, one can correct the misunderstanding right there on the spot. In live speech, you can control and interject as necessary to prevent misgivings. In written dialogue, one is not afforded that luxery.

Case in point:

I failed to properly word my PM so he would understand what I was after. I believe he thought I was inferring that he had done me wrong in the transaction, and he missed my intent. It flatlined from there.

ranger1183 and I(ballistic1) have a good standing past history with each and with many others here on the HIDE. We have dealt with each other before. We were friends then. We are friends now. I will not allow a simple misunderstanding derail my friendship/ and future dealings with him. It is a learning experience for me, and I'm sure some of you fellow members reading this may have been through a similar situation. A situation where the integrity of a transaction degrades rapidly over a complete misunderstanding.

I admit, I was taken aback by his reaction. I now realize his defensive stance was reached from misunderstanding my PM.

I also realize this: I had a high regard for ranger1183 before we entered the transaction. I caught him offguard. He naturally caught me offguard completely as well.

Just when I thought the firm ground I stood on was turning to quicksand around me, he does a 180 and produces this Post and a PM to go with it. A simple clarifying PM would have been sufficient, but he went all out to rectify this with me. My hat is off to him.

It takes a man with <span style="color: red">BIG BALLS</span> to step up and rectify any issue, and to do it publicly like this is a noble effort.

It is guys like ranger1183, who maitain their integrity and grit while enduring salted wounds is what makes the brotherhood of places like SNIPER'S HIDE possible.

It is the pulse of life of this place, having members who hold the line, and respect one another.

I have great appreciation and respect for ranger1183. I came to the HIDE to learn from it's senior members, from those who have great things to offer to me .

Today I learned from ranger1183 how a GOOD TO GO member conducts himself.

Way to hug it out...
wink.gif

Seriously though, impressive behavior!

<span style="color: #FF0000">BIG RED BALLS????</span> Or just BIG balls? lol

Very well played on both parts. Great resolution and outstanding way to be upstanding men. Too bad not everyone's behavior mimics yours.

Agreed. One of the criteria I use to dettermine whether or not I want some one as a friend, or to have any relationship with at all, is their ability to admit mistakes, apologize, and make it right.Seems this was done in spades. Good work guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> thats vary stand up of you, i think this is a good example of what others should be doing on the hide when things get out of hand. </div></div>

This thread has the black_ump seal of approval!

basslistic1 just doesn't get it.

The first thing you are supposed to do when you have a problem transaction on the Hide is <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT CONACT THE SELLER!!!</span>

You are supposed to start a thread in three different forums here with pics and call out to everyone how the seller f&cked you and ask "Am I wrong for being upset?".

Then you are supposed to P.M. Lowlight (because it is his site and he is responsible) and all of the moderators and ask them to get involved and ban the guy who sold you the items.

Geez ballistic1, get a clue.

I have this sudden urge to go what Sleepless in Seattle--the wird thing is I never saw it .... now where is my snuggie?

Just glad that the situation is resolved and we can now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">basslistic1 just doesn't get it.

The first thing you are supposed to do when you have a problem transaction on the Hide is <span style="text-decoration: underline">NOT CONACT THE SELLER!!!</span>

You are supposed to start a thread in three different forums here with pics and call out to everyone how the seller f&cked you and ask "Am I wrong for being upset?".

Then you are supposed to P.M. Lowlight (because it is his site and he is responsible) and all of the moderators and ask them to get involved and ban the guy who sold you the items.

Geez ballistic1, get a clue. </div></div> You're spot on, when it goes public it just becomes a "he said, she said" and is a hassle for the boss who wonders why he allows selling on the boards in the first place. Actually, instead of gathering sympathy and pressuring the seller have most people that read that crap don't care and the other half are glad you're having a problem. It's great these guys have resolved their issue and are moving on.

I've been there......As I'm sure many of you have too. You're exactly right, mis communication via email, PM or whatever, can cause some headache. I'm very careful when I'm sending emails within my workplace. Sometimes you want to be sarcastic or joke around, but you never know how it will be interpreted in an email.

A guy was advertising a scope online and I sent him a message simply asking if he was firm on his price. I stated my intentions are not to lowball you.

Well, he failed to read the "NOT" in the last sentence, and thought I was telling him I'm going to lowball. He, of course, sent back a not so pleasant reply that took me off gaurd. I, returning the favor, did the same. With my reply though, he must have realized there was a mis communication, and figured it out. He sent an appology and explanation back. I immediately called him, appologized as well, and bought his scope. This was a guy I've never met or talked to before. All said and done, the transaction finished out smooth.

Shit happens, just gotta do your best to make it right I guess.

I could tell you all about the time that I pissed off 600 people at once
laugh.gif

Always have someone read your emails before you send them out to an entire company, just to make sure it reads like you mean it to. Apparently it only made perfect sense to me!!

The written word while great is no where near as clear as the spoken word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I could tell you all about the time that I pissed off 600 people at once</span>
laugh.gif

Always have someone read your emails before you send them out to an entire company, just to make sure it reads like you mean it to. Apparently it only made perfect sense to me!!

The written word while great is no where near as clear as the spoken word. </div></div>

I would <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">love</span></span> to hear that one. LOL.

That is troll perfected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could tell you all about the time that I pissed <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">on</span></span></span> 600 people at once
laugh.gif
</div></div>
I'd rather hear this story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jasonk pissed ON 600 people.......wow!</div></div>
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0MC-anTRicQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0MC-anTRicQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Well played.

On a side note, that was a pretty quiet suppressed revolver.

Now ya'all gather up and hold hands in a circle now...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Deas0yWz5JM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Deas0yWz5JM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Now ya'all gather up and hold hands in a circle now...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Deas0yWz5JM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Deas0yWz5JM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

Switch, you just dissed my favorite song...Im gonna go tell mommie and have a good cry.................

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Switch, you just dissed my favorite song...Im gonna go tell mommie and have a good cry................. </div></div>

Just hit "notify". It's a much more satisfying remedy for a sprained vag.