• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A.R.M.S. #22 rings. Anyone else had this problem?

longshotbml

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2008
South-East Michigan
So I go a set of A.R.M.S. #22 low rings fro Brownells. The first time I mount them the lever shaft breaks. Everything was seated and yes it felt tight but to break under hand pressure? I was a little surprised. I'm just wondreing if any one else has issues with A.R.M.S. rings or mounts?
HT5Z7236.jpg

HT5Z7237-1.jpg

I sent them to A.R.M.S. for replacement. I'll keep you posted on their customer service.

Re: A.R.M.S. #22 rings. Anyone else had this problem?

Ouch! I used a set of 22 Highs 30mm for some time and never had any problems with them. I hope ARMS takes care of you.

If you bought them from brownells you should have called them. You would have had a replacement so fast your head would spin.

Call Brownells Or ARMS. They won't have a customer with a problem like that I assure you.

Brownells should replace them or you should get some satisfaction from ARMS, but to answer your question...yes, I have had it happen. Most of the time, the lever itself breaks off in two near the gooseneck, but I have seen them break in the same fashion as yours.

I haven't had those problems with mine. So idk let us know how everything goes.

Looks like a defect in that particular spindle/shaft. Never had that problem; did find that after many uses they just did not clamp as " tight" onto the bases.
They will replace item, should be no issues there.

I really don't think I'll have any issues with the replacement. The fracture looks to be a metallurigical issue. I just wondered if this was common.

Update. Replacement rings arrived today via UPS. No cost and a 9 dy turn around with Thanksgiving. Could not ask for more. A.R.M.S. rocks.