• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s A WORD TO THE WISE

4thHorseman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2003
A WORD TO THE WISE
Comments and sayings from various Conceal Carry Instructors.

It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

And you can take that to the bank.

Words of Wisdom:

If you own a gun, you will appreciate this.

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it.

Shooting Advice:

Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

'Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s length and never
say "I’ve got a gun". If you feel you need to use deadly force, for heaven’s
sake let the first sound they hear be the safety clicking off. They
shouldn't have time to hear anything after that if you are doing your job.'

'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time
of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'

"The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win - and cheat if necessary."

"Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. You may get killed with
your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it, cause it's going to
be empty."

"If you end up in a gun fight, if you're not shooting,' you should be loading.'
If you're not loading', you should be moving', if you're not moving', you'er dead."

"In a life and death situation, do something. It may be wrong, but do something."

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you
have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for?"

"You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work, but
I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the
universal language."

"You have the rest of your life to solve your problems. How long you live depends on how well you do it."

"You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family."

Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians

Re: A WORD TO THE WISE

Words to live by that's for sure...I had that same argument with my brother about carrying a gun. He said what's everybody scared of... I told him nothin now!!! Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians</div></div>

best thing i have heard in a while haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not to protect you.

</div></div>

That is the truth most people fail to realize!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4thHorseman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
'The average response time of a 911 call is over 23 minutes, the response time
of a 9mm/.357 or .44 magnum is 1400 feet per second.'
</div></div>

Thats just funny! And also true!

I have called the cops a few times for traffic accidents and one time a cop was right there and drove past. I am sure he did not see the people standing out there. If you are on the phone and want a cop there now tell them who you are and all the other information then say out loud does that person have a gun under his coat. You have every cop there in about 2 min. Then when you hear the cops coming say oh it is a phone. They still come fast and accident stuff happens much faster.

Rust, Stupid people, and then politicians.
I couldnt help to think back to when me and my wife took a carry class. So many stupid questions, and people that couldnt even hit a target in the class. It made me realize how ignorant some folks are. Shortly after, we hear on the news that one man yelling at another man about a parking spot decides to go to his car, get his gun, and kills the other man in front of his wife and children. Later the man tries to justify the shooting by saying he thought his ccw class taught him it was ok. These people are giving politicians something to regulate.
In closing, one bad apple spoils the bunch.