• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A2 or PRS Stock

win.308stealth

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
fosston mn
Any one have a recommendation between the A2 stock or the the Magpul PRS stock. I am 6 feet tall, and most stocks' lenght of pull are too short for me. I have used the A2 stock on AR's before and prefer it to any collapsible stock, but just wondering if it is worth going the PRS way. Anyone with experience with both of them, and why you choose one over the next. This will be going on an AR-15 and will be shot mostly off of bipods.

thanks.

Re: A2 or PRS Stock

I'm also 6' tall and with the adjustability of the PRS stock its fits me great. I've never been a fan of the A2 stock.

Go to Magpul's website and read up on the PRS.

Fully collapsed, it's slightly shorter than an A2, and fully extended, slightly longer.

You can also gain additional LOP by using a thicker buttpad.

If the extra weight will not be a problem for you the PRS will be perfect. You can dial in the LOP and then turn up the cheek until your scope pic is there. I really like them. Regards

I have the same issue with the LOP on the standard A2 stock and here's my take on the issue:

If you don't need the additional features of the PRS (i.e. - adjustable comb height/cheek riser, monopod rail, etc.) but simply need some additional LOP, then I'd skip the PRS and go for one of several different alternatives.

1) grab a thicker buttplate in the form of a bolt on rubber pad that replaces the standard trapdoor buttplate (you lose the storage compartment if that is important to you...just an FYI);

2) or get something like the Sinclair adjustable buttplate as seen here:

http://www.sinclairintl.com/product/5733/AR-15-Buttstocks

or

3) DPMS (and others) make a 1", aluminum extender as seen here that I have used in the past to gain the additional LOP I desired:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/613589/dpms-buttstock-extender-1-ar-15-aluminum-matte

Good luck!!

Thanks everyone. ORD- Thanks for the links to other options. I did go to the Magpul site and read up about the PRS, and now I am leaning towards the PRS. Weight is not an issue, this is going to be pdog gun.

Thanks everyone.

I really like my PRS for the above reasons but i also like the "hook" feature since it resembles my McMillan A5s. I like the flat spot as it gives my Triad bag a nice steady place to work with.

I would also look into Magpuls newer MOE rifle stock if cost is an issue. Gives you some features of the PRS as well as the A2. I believe it comes out in the next few months.

PDE_moe%20fixed_01.jpg

I had a PRS, and after adjusting and readjusting and getting it just perfect, it was at A2 length, so I took it off and sold it. if an A2 fits you, roll with it and see if it works, and try a PRS if yu can, its alot of money for something that has more ninja appeal than practical useage, all depending on the fit to an individual, of course.

The PRS is adjustable and can take thicker recoil pads to help increase LOP....it is probably your best bet...but it is a bit heavier.

Loki, if the brutal recoil of the awesome 5.56 is to much my 6 yr. old son is willing to trade you his .22 cal. pellet rifle but he will want some boot extra!!!!

A2's are fine "if they fit you" I carry alot of AR stocks, and the PRS is one of my top 3. 1st would probably be the UBR, PRS, and STR or Vltor. I have several new PRS's all black, Magpul makes some good polymer stuff, and a dang nice lower if your lucky enough to get one.

Just swapped the A-2 on my MWS for a PRS. I like the adjustments on the PRS, but even the A-2 was better than the collapsibles off the the bench. I've ordered the quick-detach sling loops from Concordia and am awaiting same now. I saw a thread on here about putting a Limbsaver pad on a PRS, if the recoil bothers...

I have a PRS and love it. Way way better for me than the A2. I am 6' 3" and the LOP is great for me, it's about 1/2 extended for my needs. The indefinate adjustability is so nice.

For a P-dog gun I don't think you would be disappointed with the PRS.