• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC Cyclone: Observations or Commentary

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
So, Gentlemen;

Any observations or commentaries any or you would like to profer with respect to the AAC Cyclone screw on?

Just curious . . .

Re: AAC Cyclone: Observations or Commentary

Ive got an old 762sd. Which was the qd version of the cyclone. The cyclone has a better dB rating so it should be an even better can then the 762. I have no complaint about how the 762sd works on 223, 22-250, 6mm, 308 etc.
Xdeano

Been happy with mine price isn't bad, sound reduction is great and repeatability is spot on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Been happy with mine price isn't bad, sound reduction is great and repeatability is spot on.</div></div>

+1 I also have a Gem-tech HVT-THD that came with a rifle i bought. The AAC is much quieter. The only reason I kept the Gem-tech is because it is rated for 300WM.

I have been shooting with mine for about 4 months now. Sound reduction is outstanding, and just as good as any other suppressor I have been around. POI shift on my 20 inch barreled .308 is 1.5moa up and repeatable. It is of course heavier than a comparable titanium suppressor, but it is also about 60% of the cost. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a cyclone to anyone looking for an efficient, high quality can under $1k.

I've been running a Cyclone screw-on for about 3 years. It primarily resides on AIAE MKIII 20" .308. I'm very pleased with it on that platform. I cannot find any negative attributes about it. It's repeatable, quiet, finish is tough. I'd recommend it. The price is right on them as well.

The AIAE MKIII with a Schmidt & Bender is not a light weight setup so, to me, saving a few ounces on a titanium can were not worth it.

I also run this suppressor on precision ARs in .223 with a thread adapter from TROS USA. He makes great stuff with precision as the primary focus.

HTH

I've had one for about 4 years now. Use it on a Whisper and a 308. I have had no problems with it and would not hesitate to purchase another one.

I've been happy with mine. Shot it with 308 win and 6.5 Creedmoor with good results and excellent accuracy. Weight is heavier than titanium cans but price is cheaper, may not seem like much difference but at the end of a barrel it makes a difference. Also not rated for magnums.

I've had mine about a year now. Using it on several 300BLKs & a couple of Whispers. Very satisfied.

I'm working on a Savage in .308 but I'm having so much fun with what I have, it's hard stay motivated to complete the build.

Have mine on an R700 AAC-SD .308 and a savage .260.
Alot of people who shoots suppressed comments how quiet it is on supersonic loads.
Love it!

I'm building a 24" .300wm. And would like to use it.
I've tried searching, but come up with little info/mixed results.

Anyone use a cyclone on a.300wm? Thoughts?

Unless I missed something, .300WM is not listed for the Cyclone on their site.

Only 7.62 NATO & 300 Blk.

Last edited:
I have a Cyclone and am pleased with it. I would have probably been better served by a TBAC 30P-1 but I wasn't into precision shooting when I bought it. It does a great job for what I needed at the time, sound suppression is great, POI shift is consistent and repeatable on every rifle I've put it on. It is a bit heavy (but I knew that going in), and it opens up my groups by about a quarter inch at 100 yds. Still very usable for what I'm into now, I have no regrets, but I foresee a precision rifle can in my future.

I was thinking that I saw that the Cyclone was rated for 7mag when I was shopping over the Summer..... I'm likely wrong though.

I have a Cyclone and am pleased with it. I would have probably been better served by a TBAC 30P-1 but I wasn't into precision shooting when I bought it. It does a great job for what I needed at the time, sound suppression is great, POI shift is consistent and repeatable on every rifle I've put it on. It is a bit heavy (but I knew that going in), and it opens up my groups by about a quarter inch at 100 yds. Still very usable for what I'm into now, I have no regrets, but I foresee a precision rifle can in my future.

The .872 5 shot 200 yard group I put down the other day proves the Cyclone is just as much a precision can as the others mentioned.

Have mine on an R700 AAC-SD .308 and a savage .260.
Alot of people who shoots suppressed comments how quiet it is on supersonic loads.
Love it!

The cyclone is a great can for .308, but for 300 win mag I'd advise you to check out the Allen Engineering 30 AE can.

http://www.accurateordnance.com/cgi...30&cat=9&page=1&search=&since=&status=&title=

It is an awesome performer.

The .872 5 shot 200 yard group I put down the other day proves the Cyclone is just as much a precision can as the others mentioned.
I never said the Cyclone wasn't a good can, I'm very happy with mine, but my TRG is a .25 MOA rifle without the can and a .5 MOA rifle with it on.

When I bought the Cyclone I didn't own the TRG or any other precision rifle for that matter. Now that I do own a rifle capable of .25 MOA I'm starting to look for a can that can hold the accuracy potential of the rifle. I'm not looking hard mind you. Based on what I have heard from people I trust, I would really like to get my hands on a 30P-1 for a test drive to see if it is better, but I do not know anyone near me that has one.

Gentlemen,

Please reserve your comments or observations to the AAC Cyclone, specifically . . .
Thank you . . .

I don't want to hear about Arbiters, Thunderbeasts, etc. . . .

Been running mine primarily on my AAC-SD and it works great . No problems. Also use it on my 300 BLK SBR for now, until my 762SD comes in, then it will stay on the bolt gun.

The Cyclone is the only rifle caliber suppressor I own ( screw on variety, not QD ) and I cannot be happier with it.

Run it on a Savage Model 10 that is already a bit heavy but I like the balance it gives the rifle.
Shoots .5 MOA all day long. The only time it is removed from that rifle is during cleaning sessions.

Even the folks at the range I use have commented on how damn quiet it is. Even with full power rounds.

I ever buy another .308, I'll likely buy another Cyclone to put on it.

I have been running my Cyclone on my newly bulit Ma-Ten 308 w/JP barrel (and adj. gas block) as well as my Mk12 variant w/Noveske upper/lower & SwitchBlock barrel. Easily tuned the JP gas to my handloads with this suppressor, and the SwitchBlock in suppressed mode is flawless. Both weapons hold sub-MOA when I do my part, POI/POS is repeatable on both, and suppression is really good considering the platforms. I am no AAC fanboy, as this is the only AAC product I own, but I have been impressed with the performance of my Cyclone.

I almost bought a Cyclone for my 700, but I bought a Sandstorm back when Gemtech did their tax free deal. Nothing against the Cyclone, a top rated 30 cal can, I just went with a Ti can that was tax free.

Cyclone is a great can. I like the symmetrical baffle stack for precision. Also the fact that the Cyclone is a screw on eliminates the gas leak between the can and mounts on QD models. Gas leak can be annoying as it can spray crap carbon water mix onto your front objective.

Gas leak can be annoying as it can spray crap carbon water mix onto your front objective.

Hmm, very interesting point here. I never thought about the gas leak that cause the optic dirty. Thank you for bring that up.

I didn't think that water or any medium was supposed to be added to a rifle suppressor. Is the water from condensation inside the can due to temperature differences?