• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AAC SD 7.62 modified mount

Another way to get 'em to lock up tight is to buy ten mounts, send back the ones that don't lock up/don't need.

Does it suck to buy $1000 worth of mounts to pick one? Yeah, but you'll get the refund and you'll get a mount that does work and it won't require work or voiding the warranty with a modified mount.

So who handles this now if you have a baffle strike? ECCO or AAC? Or are you on the hook?

I'd like different mounts too. So I phased those out and went with Saker cans. I use the AAC cans on M4's and SBR's.
I don’t believe there is anything you can do with the 51T system to get what I was looking for. The lock up is not solid enough regardless of how tight the ratchet locks. There is too much play on the taper. It will not maintain zero if you take the suppressor off. If you take it off you need to rezero.

I’m not concerned with a baffle strike. It is a possibility with the 51T mounting system, I cannot see that happening with the Area 419 system. Once you screw the suppressor on it locks up solid and requires some effort to loosen it.

As far as I was concerned I didn’t have anything to lose making the upgrade and a good chance of gaining. My perspective is I paid about $300 to have the modification, repaint and adapter. My other option I was considering was purchasing an Ultra 9 for $1200 plus $200 tax and a year wait. I’m way ahead of the game. Do I think my AAC SD is equal to an Ultra 9? No, however I’m completely happy with what I have and do not think it is lacking or that I need to upgrade.

If I have a baffle strike it would be due to my error and I don’t expect someone else to take responsibility for my mistake.

I have two AAC suppressors, the AAC SD 7.62 and a AAC SD 5.56. I could never get the accuracy and repeatability from the 7.62 that I wanted for long range shooting. Since the conversion I’m very happy with it. I have repeatable zero, accuracy and quiet enough for me. I don’t see modifying the 5.56, however I’m not using it for the same purpose.

Another way to get 'em to lock up tight is to buy ten mounts, send back the ones that don't lock up/don't need.

Does it suck to buy $1000 worth of mounts to pick one? Yeah, but you'll get the refund and you'll get a mount that does work and it won't require work or voiding the warranty with a modified mount.

So who handles this now if you have a baffle strike? ECCO or AAC? Or are you on the hook?

I'd like different mounts too. So I phased those out and went with Saker cans. I use the AAC cans on M4's and SBR's.

I can't find where I saved it, but there's a gun shop out there that will hand fit your 51T taper section to your mount so you have the perfect lockup. They essentially just grind a little material off the taper so you can get that 1 last click.

You're SOL with AAC on the warranty after you do the ECCO conversion... ECCO had posted he was in talks with AAC on the warranty coverage, but I didn't see anything after that and it's been a while since then.

I can't find where I saved it, but there's a gun shop out there that will hand fit your 51T taper section to your mount so you have the perfect lockup. They essentially just grind a little material off the taper so you can get that 1 last click.

You're SOL with AAC on the warranty after you do the ECCO conversion... ECCO had posted he was in talks with AAC on the warranty coverage, but I didn't see anything after that and it's been a while since then.

Have you had a baffle strike on one of your suppressors?

I bought a ton of the mounts and nothing worked I even took material off some and had one were I had to really twist to get on the last click it lasted about 150 to 200 shots maybe then I started getting blow back on my barrel again and If I get a baffle strike owell it will least b a better lock up than wat they r now and I tried to get aac to change it just to a direct thread for me an that acted like it was all my fault and said they would c if the techs could or would do it an they would call back needless to say they still haven’t called back so if there customer service is no better than that I don’t expect to get any help with a baffle strike cause they would blame that on me as well not bashing anyone but needless to say this is my last aac can and I wouldn recommend them to anyone unless they were gonna change the mounting system that’s there only down fall that I can tell but it just ruins the whole can for me just my opinion not trying to make anyone mad btw and I know my grammar is not good so bare with me

Reactions: 7.62willdo
If I owned a 51T I would send it to ECCO for conversion and not think twice about it. Wether you want to adapt the can to Hellfire or any other system, this seems like a no-brainer to me, even with the warranty implications.
Agreed. I wish I had known more about suppressors when I bought my first and what to look for. Today I’d go a different route.

Agreed. I wish I had known more about suppressors when I bought my first and what to look for. Today I’d go a different route.

100% absolutely that’s wat happen to me when I bought mine I wanted a quite can and i wanted it soon as I could and I got a aac 762sdn 6 with out even doing a lot of reading on it and7 months latter I got to reading more wanting to get another and found out I messed up ordering my first can but that was my fault no one eles but I thank I will b more than happy with the can when I get it back I will b even happier if they would call and say my thunder beast ultra 9 was outta jail ready to go

I just saw that he posted on Facebook that he isn’t accepting anymore work until he gets caught up. I guess he has been in demand as of late. Just my luck. I emailed the other day to get my 2 aac cans converted to the omega thread pattern.

What I did, was pulled out the C-clip springs, drilled and tapped the can on 3 sides and put an flush Allen bolt in. I ran rockset around the break at the contact points. Screwed the can on then ran my Allen bolts back into my suppressor so they bit into the mount with a bit more rockset. Its now functionally a fixed direct thread can. Its probably one of my more accurate and reliable cans. I did it this way instead of welding the can to the break so if need be I can still break the rockset and its still the original can.

Oh and I'm a cheap bastard. I hate sourcing out things that I know I can fix myself.

Hope this helps someone.
Xdeano

Ok guys and gals update time so I got the can and it looks factory everything mounts up very nicely and the communication was great as well so befor I sent the can to get fixed I was using aac51 tooth mount and I had Polished it and got a really tight lockup between the can and the brake withe the can off the gun it shot perfect but soon as I would put the can on the gun it did this and this is bout as good as it would do even when I would work up a load for the can it wouldn change matters so now that I have the can fixed this is wat it is doing now and I rolled the cover down in the pics so u could c the weld it looks factory to me the can locks up very nicely on the brake every time and it will go back to same hole groups when I take it off an Put back on Now it does have a poi when it is off the gun but that is expected as it did when it was factory as well needless to say I’m very pleased wit the results and I would recommend Any one who is on the bridge of doing it to go ahead and do it it will b well worth it anymore questions just ask

Attachments

• DC33A94F-D411-4A39-A66F-1D2F98385FCA.jpeg
    DC33A94F-D411-4A39-A66F-1D2F98385FCA.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 153
  • 0330620C-1D4A-4E99-9878-AFD04C09E132.jpeg
    0330620C-1D4A-4E99-9878-AFD04C09E132.jpeg
    462.6 KB · Views: 146
  • D85B444C-310C-4D73-88A2-2E361C4BC878.jpeg
    D85B444C-310C-4D73-88A2-2E361C4BC878.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 146
To add hilarity to my situation...the same day I got a call from Ecco that they were ready for me to send my can as they reopened the books...AAC sends me a return label asking me to send it in for review. Well, I'm not sending it to AAC because the mount itself as a concept is flawed and them looking at my can will do 0 to fix that, so keymo swap it is.

Reactions: Eric32
Anyone else have a conversion done from the 51T to a Plan B?

I went this route due to the area419 not having a muzzle brake to act as a blast baffle.

I was plaved on the wait list but still havent heard anything back. Yet.

Anyone else have a conversion done from the 51T to a Plan B?

I went this route due to the area419 not having a muzzle brake to act as a blast baffle.

I was plaved on the wait list but still havent heard anything back. Yet.

They just finished converting mine to a plan B but I haven’t got it back yet. I was on the waiting list for almost 4 weeks then they had it another 2 or 3. They just text me yesterday about payment.

Could you all that chose the plan b route throw some pictures up and describe what components you bought and how they go together? I understand the area 419 completely option, but I’ve not figured out the plan b. With area 419, you have to remove the muzzle device, but from what I can tell, with plan b you don’t.

Last edited:
The plan B system consist of

Cherry bomb muzzle brake
Omega plan B mount get installed on the suppressor

The area 419 system

Uses the same type of suppressor mount
Universal adaptor on the muzzle

My only issue with the area419 was that it didnt have a muzzle brake to act as a frist blast baffle.

Reactions: KYAggie
Has anyone added a KeyMo adapter to an AAC SDN-6? I was wondering how much length is added to it, or if there is any added length.

Thanks

Just got my converted cans back from Nick at ECCO Machine today! I didn't weigh or measure them before sending them out as I was too excited to rid myself of the 51T mounting. Here is what they weigh now so to give you guys an idea. they seem to be heavier and longer than I remember but that definitely could be attributed to the keymo. Looks like possibly adding an inch and around 3oz to these freshly converted cans.
SDN6 23.2oz
thumbnail_IMG_9808.jpg

M42K 20.3oz
thumbnail_IMG_9809.jpg

Saker 556 w/keymo adapter
thumbnail_IMG_9810.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_9811.jpg

SDN6 and M42K
thumbnail_IMG_9812.jpg

Reactions: Docsherm
I measured and weighed my SDN6 before sending it in.
7.5”
20.8 oz

So it looks like it adds a little less then an Inch and a half. Not too bad. I will take it for the better mounting system.

Sweet so hopefully i will get a call soon then. Let use know how it comes back.

Got my SDN6 back today from the plan B conversion, it looks great. They refinished it in moly resin.

before conversion:
20.8 oz
7.5” long

after conversion:
21.6 oz
8” long

Wow! I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread and have learned about the AAC fix! I've got an old 18T 762SD that I never really use for obvious reasons. I've also got an Omega Hybrid with a bazillion different mounting setups, so I think I know what I'll be doing next with my old AAC! I wonder if they refinish in anything other than black....? When things slow down soon, I'll have to make this one of my winter projects.

Wow! I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread and have learned about the AAC fix! I've got an old 18T 762SD that I never really use for obvious reasons. I've also got an Omega Hybrid with a bazillion different mounting setups, so I think I know what I'll be doing next with my old AAC! I wonder if they refinish in anything other than black....? When things slow down soon, I'll have to make this one of my winter projects.

Better plan on getting your place on the wait list then. It’s well worth the upgrade!

Get on the list.... (y)

Spoke with them yesterday, and I'm in que for around May. Their response to a message is fast, within a few hours, but evidently spots fill up quick. They say they try to do batches of 30, and want your muzzle device in hand with the suppressor for proper fit.

Spoke with them yesterday, and I'm in que for around May. Their response to a message is fast, within a few hours, but evidently spots fill up quick. They say they try to do batches of 30, and want your muzzle device in hand with the suppressor for proper fit.
That’s wild, just sent my 7.62sd yesterday to get worked on and was kicking the idea of holding off on it. Good thing I didn’t because he must have gotten a lot of work in

Reactions: RG0099
This is pretty bad ass. I'm hoping he can:
- jail break my Mini 4 so I can use it with rimfire
- adapt it for the hellfire system
- maybe overbore the baffles for lowered backpressure when firing 223...? (and as a plus i'd be able to use it on a 308...)

I got my 762 SDN6 back a while ago, haven't been able to shoot it yet. But I am excited to get it to the range, gonna try and get some accuracy test done. I gonna shoot some leftover 223 match ammo hope i dont need to retune my load. The can is heavier than the 30PSS so I hope it doesnt change a whole lot.

I got my 762 SDN6 back a while ago, haven't been able to shoot it yet. But I am excited to get it to the range, gonna try and get some accuracy test done. I gonna shoot some leftover 223 match ammo hope i dont need to retune my load. The can is heavier than the 30PSS so I hope it doesnt change a whole lot.
Hopefully you only have to adjust your zero and not loads!