• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes AADMOUNT Flip Up Caps Scope Request/Measurement Thread

Jon A

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2006
Everett, WA
www.aadmount.com
(See this thread: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-rifle-scopes/206830-im-so-tired-butler-creek.html for pics/conversation on these covers.)

While the stiffer/stronger material these scope caps are made from makes them function better than more "rubbery" materials, this also means they need to fit the scope within a much closer tolerance as they won't stretch as much. In this thread I'd like to take requests from people on what scopes they'd like to see the covers made for. In order to do that for scopes I don't have on hand I need measurements to the thousandth of an inch of the outside diameters of the objective and eyepiece.

The scopes I've selfishly started with are the ones I happen to be using the most at the moment:

SS 5-20X50 HD
SS 3-9X42
SS 3-15X42

March 3-24X42

PST 6-24X50MM (also fits 4-16)

I have all the measurements I need for those scopes and caps for them are in the final testing stages and should be available shortly.

For additional scopes, some of the most popular here off the top of my head:

Nightforce NSX 50, 56mm
Nightforce ATACR

Bushy DMR

Leupold MK6 3-18X44

S&B 5-25, 3-15, 3-20, etc

The new Steiners tacticals

The new Kahles tacticals

For people who have these scopes and would like to see some caps made, please post up the OD's of the objectives and eyepieces to the nearest thousandth of an inch (X.XXX"). I'm happy to entertain requests for any others scopes you may have in mind. Naturally getting the most popular done first will make the most people happy but don't be shy about posting a request for anything.

Hey Jon if I bring down my USO 3.2-17x44 for a fit test, that means I get 1/2 off right?? Haha. Another fine looking product!

Would like to see some pics of what you're testing. I haven't had any failures with my BC's but that's not to say it won't happen and it's nice to know there will possibly be a better alternative. I can get you the OD's for the Steiner 5-25x sometime tomorrow...if someone doesn't provide it before then.

Hey Jon if I bring down my USO 3.2-17x44 for a fit test, that means I get 1/2 off right?? Haha. Another fine looking product!

If you bring that chick in your avatar, I'll give you a set for free!

Would like to see some pics of what you're testing. I haven't had any failures with my BC's but that's not to say it won't happen and it's nice to know there will possibly be a better alternative. I can get you the OD's for the Steiner 5-25x sometime tomorrow...if someone doesn't provide it before then.

Pics from the other thread. These are still prototypes but they're pretty close to the final product:

PICT0438.JPG

PICT0444.JPG

PICT0464.JPG

PICT0467.JPG

PICT0446.JPG

PICT0472.JPG

PICT0476.JPG

Put me down for 2 pair for NF f-1 and 2 pair for Steiner 3 x 15 x 50 military. I am glad to see a manufacturer is taking this on and look forward to the final product.

Jon,

Here are the Steiner 5-25
Obj: 2.434
Rear: 1.774

If you don't have a Razor by tonight, I will get them for you....
Glad to see someone taking the bull by the horns...
Thank You!

How about the SWFA SS HD 1-6x24mm? Would the eye piece be the same as the 5-20x?

Eye piece= 1.735
Objective= 1.181

I imagine the objective would be good on any 30mm tube? Is it too small to make?

Wow those look pretty sweet. I'll have to get some when my glass shows up.

Aw heck. Sign me up for a pair for the NF Atacr when you get them ready.

Last edited:
Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50
Ocular 1.74
Objective 2.33

Cash in hand and ready to send to you when available!

SB 5-25
2.441" OBJ
1.680" EYE

Bushnell DMR
2.362" OBJ
1.719" EYE

Mark6 3-18x44
2.102" OBJ
1.719" EYE

Jon,

Do you need the ATACR measurements or because its already listed are you GTG? Also how long before you have the SS 5-20's on the market? I'll need two sets for the 5-20 and one set for the ATACR as soon as you have them ready.

Sully

I'm in for two sets of Bushnell DMR and one set for the SS 1-6x24.

Thanks for doing this and I hope it goes smoothly.

I'd be Interested in a set for my SWFA 5-20x50. I already have a bc front on it that is a bear to get on/off. I'd rather go your route and know ill have no problems due to the custom fit.

How about the SWFA SS HD 1-6x24mm? Would the eye piece be the same as the 5-20x?
Yes, the eyepieces are the same so that's taken care of. And a 30mm would be a universal fit for any straight tubed scope so it's definitely on the list. I'll have more testing to do to see if the same design works well when scaled down that far so it'll be a bit longer for that one.

Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50
Ocular 1.74
Objective 2.33
Thanks! Any chance you can measure those to the thousandth? It would be helpful.
Jon,

Do you need the ATACR measurements or because its already listed are you GTG? Also how long before you have the SS 5-20's on the market? I'll need two sets for the 5-20 and one set for the ATACR as soon as you have them ready.
I still need measurements.

If the next batch of 5-20 caps pass the final fit-check I'll have a small number available this weekend, with a bigger number coming in about three weeks.

Thanks everybody for all the measurements, keep them coming!

Jon,
I would be interested in caps for a Vortex PST 4 x 16 and Bushnell XRS.
Thanks,
Brian

Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50
Ocular 1.74
Objective 2.33

Cash in hand and ready to send to you when available!

Jon,
I don't have the ability to do so. I took those straight from the vortex spec sheet on their website. If someone who can measure hasn't done so soon I'll contact vortex and see what they say. Thank you again for taking the initiative!,

Luke

Jon, Does the eye piece measurment, I put up on the SS 1-6x, sound like it's the same size as the SS 5-20x? If so I would like to get in line for a set(or 2). I'll just use a BC for my objective for the 30mm tube until you make something that will work on it.

Thanks man!

Kahels K624i:

Eyepiece 1.68"-1.69" (hard rubber ring, not perfectly round)
Objective 2.433"

Would love a set for my Vortex 6-24x. The BC cap is pretty decent on the objective fit wise, but on the eye piece the damn thing just falls off, its not tight at all. Pisses me off.

Here are my 3 scopes all vortex, i am def in for a set for these

viper HS LR FFP 6-24x50
obj-2.254"
eye-1.625"

viper HS LR 4-16x44 sfp-
obj-2.019"
eye-1.629"

viper hs 2.5-10x44 sfp-
obj-2.019"
eye-1.629"

Am I the only one who is seeing the red lever on the eyepiece getting snagged on something and being ripped off? I'm guessing it's not bottom dead center because of being used on gas guns?

Last edited:
Hey Jon - the Razors has the following (according to my calipers):
Objective - 2.325"
Ocular - 1.735"

The Bushnell XRS has the following:
Objective - 2.355"
Ocular - 1.718"

Hopefully, some folks can get on to verify these measurements. I measured each one 5 times, but I don't want to be responsible for messing something like this up...

BTW - I'm in for a pair for each of these scopes!

Thanks again, Jon. That is badass that you had those ready as we were discussing it. I think there is a huge need for quality caps, and I hope you can fill that void.

Am I the only one who is seeing the red lever on the eyepiece getting snagged on something and being ripped off? I'm guessing it's not bottom dead center because of being used on gas guns?
It shouldn't be a problem, even with the caps open that lever is locked in there pretty solidly (there are features on it you can't see). With the caps closed it's basically impossible to remove without a pliers or a hammer. Putting it at BDC runs into interference problems with many rifles and doesn't seem as natural to me for use with the right thumb (on bolt rifles especially).

I measured each one 5 times, but I don't want to be responsible for messing something like this up...
Don't worry, for each new model I'll be making prototypes for test fitting (probably ask for volunteers to help with that as well). If they're a little too tight or too loose I can easily tweak the design before they go into production.

That said, people should feel free to double check scopes they have even if their measurements have been listed.

I think there is a huge need for quality caps, and I hope you can fill that void.
Yes, hopefully people will like them and this void will finally be filled. The last few years have been frustrating constantly replacing broken caps.

AADMOUNT Flip Up Covers

Jon,

I have two scopes I'd like the AADMOUNT flip up covers for:

S&B 5-25x56:
Objective - 2.442"
Ocular - 1.703"

Hensoldt 6-24x72:
Objective - 3.151"
Ocular - 1.613

Last edited:
Jon,

What are you thinking the retail price is going to be? Volunteering as well. I only have a S&B 5-26x56.

I do have some Ideas for a different release than the red level that maybe thinking outside of the box lines. PM me if your interested. I don't think I will ever have the capabilities to manufacture it but it seems you might.

Last edited:
Waiting on a price before committing. Looks like a great product.

Thanks guys. I'll try to keep the price around $50 each for now. There will probably be exceptions though--that monster 72mm Henny will probably be a few bones extra, etc.

If the SS 1-6 won't be out for a while then I just need one set for one of my G2DMRs for now. I will start a scope cap fund for the others.

Thanks guys. I'll try to keep the price around $50 each for now. There will probably be exceptions though--that monster 72mm Henny will probably be a few bones extra, etc.
Awww...mannnnn (can't ya here the whine?)

But...whine aside, I want a set for both scopes I listed...the price is cool, even if I have to pay a material surcharge.

Last edited:
It'll be WORTH it since I'm having to use the Bikini Covers now. I HATE using those things to protect my scope lenses.

I doubt I'll be getting any of these til I have a higher end scope, but as a suggestion how about the snipershide logo on the caps, for the first batches since they are debuting here

Last edited:

I've been thinking about getting one for my Zeiss Victory 72mm. Same OD as the Henny, 3.155". However, how thick will the cover be? I don't have much clearance between the bell and my XLR's chassis handguard.

I have been looking for flip up's for My k624i as wel. It is the new version from DTA I do not know if that makes a difference. Just getting into the sport, man there is a lot of stuff to consider, but that is alright. I would really be lost if it was not for this sight though. Anyway I will take them, that's another pair sold.

That's where BC puts 'em and it works for me so far.

Jon, what machine were the pictured caps rapid prototyped on?

They look pretty slick, I'll want a set for my Steiner 5-25 and March 3-24 at a minimum.

Joe