• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AAR on Larue OBR

MikeeBooshay

Recoil Sponge
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Houston TX and Hackberry LA
Took this new OBR to a shooting class/gathering over the 4th. Lots of old friends and made some new ones. Four days for shooting and and having fun, kitchen pass from home, it was pretty good.

We were on 15000 acres of high fence Hill Country Texas ranch, lots of steel targets and a bunch of friends.

The rifle was even better.

The rifle came with a .566" group test target, shot by some R. Perry dude????? I guess he can't shoot too well, this rifle is better than that. Lots of one hole targets at 100 yards, wrung the thing out to 1000 yards, all anyone there could say was WOW.

Every morning started with a cold bore shot, UKD and up or down slope 20 degrees plus. First morning, no one wanted to go first, 'cept MikeeBooshay..... target was a Pepsi can, one per shooter, range was 386 yards. Everyone wanted someone else to go first so they could watch trace and get a better wind call. I felt I had the wind dope right right and said Me first. The rest of the guys had bolt guns, and thought well, that is cool, he ain't hitting it. I 'fing drilled it dead center, at least three rounds per shooter until the next one got hit. A couple of the guys never did.

Next morning, same deal, but almost 600 this time, uphill instead of down. Same result. For four days, not a rifle there could hang with this OBR, cleaned it once, shot over 1000 rounds myself, and quite a few for the other guys checking it out. Prolly 1500 rounds total, no, none, zero issues.

I'll post some more pics when I get time, meanwhile.... scheming to get one of these in .243 or 260, so I can shoot some flatter stuff. Don't know why, any misses I had that weekend were from mental mistakes, like dialing 500 dope on a 400 target, more than once. I was so confident in this rifle, I didn't put a dope card on the thing, just had it wrote in the book and referred to it when needed. Dig that trigger, and I am spoiled about triggers in general.

The USO scope got from RWS here, Horus reticle, mounted it day before the thing started, worked great too, no issues. Both scope and rifle were out of the box, zeroed afternoon before, and quickly doped on the range at the camp- I have a lease next door to the main ranch.

The OBR
IMG_1041.jpg

range at the camp - steel to 600 yards, across canyons etc
IMG_0652.jpg

Saw some great wildlife - these are Ibex sheep

IMG_1031.jpg

Shot an AR50 one of the guys brought - out to 1650 yards, 20" plates.
IMG_1047.jpg

View thru Spotter of plates at 1650 yds

IMG_1025.jpg

Re: AAR on Larue OBR

Nice pictures and AAR. What are the specs on the USO?

Awesome job. I haven't taken my OBR past 100 yards yet. 300 yards is the longest I have access to now.

You say shooting class, was this at a training facility or a friends ranch? Just curious?

DT - 3x17TPAL, Horus H27 reticle. No illumination.

Chance - both, the facility is at a friends ranch, and I lease the back part of the ranch. Most of the training is for sportsman and safari, but there are other skill sets available. Steel to over 1500 yards, LOTS of steel. Thinking of maybe putting up a test type competition in September with a couple dozen folks, if we can get any interest. Lots of tough wind, canyons and interesting critters to see.

Impressive!

Damn I've got to get me one of those OBRs...

Is yours an 18"?