• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors AB Suppressors.

xdeano

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2005
North Dakota
You guys need to take a look at AB suppressor aka aerocharger.

They have a really slick baffle design that spins the blast and has a blast chamber. They make a nice short compact can.

Just thought id share.
Xdeano

Reactions: 338dude
Funny you posted, I just got a few to demo... Made from pure titanium, so weight is nice. If they sound as good as reported they are a great price point.

Reactions: 338dude and xdeano
Interesting... Maybe in a few years if they become the new shit. For now I'll stick with tried and true.

I can already tell they're going the wrong direction though with the reflex shit --2" or so in order to reduce length a tad is one thing, over the barrel is another. Ask KAC. M110 can and QDC have same performance but QDC is half the length, half the weight.

But people think reflex cans look cool so I'm sure they'll sell. But if they took the same design and cut the reflex off of it then it'd work about the same I bet.

Reactions: Tahoe1305
Interesting... Maybe in a few years if they become the new shit. For now I'll stick with tried and true.

I can already tell they're going the wrong direction though with the reflex shit --2" or so in order to reduce length a tad is one thing, over the barrel is another. Ask KAC. M110 can and QDC have same performance but QDC is half the length, half the weight.

But people think reflex cans look cool so I'm sure they'll sell. But if they took the same design and cut the reflex off of it then it'd work about the same I bet.

Yyou can direct attach without the reflex, the reflex is just a thread on method that can go back over the barrel. I'm not advocating here, just clarifying. Apparently the reflex vs the regular direct thread attach changes the tone.

Mine should be here next week. I'll be able to give you guys an update then.

Europeans have been using the reflex design for years with good results.

We did have some ops Inc cans at the office 15-20 years ago that were reflex design and we always had issues with rust under the covered part of the barrel. But barrel coatings are much better now.

Deano

Mine should be here next week. I'll be able to give you guys an update then.

Europeans have been using the reflex design for years with good results.

We did have some ops Inc cans at the office 15-20 years ago that were reflex design and we always had issues with rust under the covered part of the barrel. But barrel coatings are much better now.

Deano

Deano, have you had a chance to shoot with it?

Yes sorry been very busy lately.

But I've had the AB on a couple of different rifles now. One really cool thing with the AR15 is that it doesn't impart more pressure into the gas tube and down the bolt carrier group as if you were shooting without a can on. Unlike that of a typical can, where you have to regulate the gas via the gas block or you'll end up slamming the bolt carrier group back with more force than is necessary. So there is something to be said about that.
Less back pressure.

It's shorter than a typical suppressor because the reflex chamber goes back over the barrel.

Groups stay very consistent and tight. I don't see any crazy group size opening up.

They don't sound tinny, or have a high pitch resonation. They have that thud sound and a woosh as the shot goes off. I feel this dissipates the sound very well as the gas turbulence in the can releases out the muzzle very nicely.

I'll add some pics of the can itself here in a bit. It can be used as just the baffle stack itself via direct thread or with the reflex screwed into the can for more suppression.

The cans baffles are welded together forming the tube, so it doesn't need an extra tube on the exterior to keep the baffle stack together, reducing weight and giving the can contour for cooling. The end caps can be unthreaded, if you were to have an end cap strike or for cleaning. I opted to have 5/8x24 threaded endcap and reflex. You could also get the same combination in 1/2x28.

All in all i'm very impressed with this suppressor. The bigger one that I have for testing is phenomenal at reducing recoil and bark. It eats the 132grns of powder like a dog with a steak. And the crazy part of the whole thing is that it isn't any bigger in diameter than the 223 can. Just a little longer and more baffles and of course a lot bigger hole in the end. I can shoot it without earplugs or muffs.

Xdeano

0302210818.jpg

This is the 22cal raptor next to another mfgs 30cal can. But giving a size comparison none the less. This is without the reflex attached, just the threaded endcap.

0302210830.jpg

22cal top with reflex attached
Big boy Raptor bottom with reflex attached.

Each of the ribs is a baffle.

Xdeano

Yes sorry been very busy lately.

But I've had the AB on a couple of different rifles now. One really cool thing with the AR15 is that it doesn't impart more pressure into the gas tube and down the bolt carrier group as if you were shooting without a can on. Unlike that of a typical can, where you have to regulate the gas via the gas block or you'll end up slamming the bolt carrier group back with more force than is necessary. So there is something to be said about that.
Less back pressure.

It's shorter than a typical suppressor because the reflex chamber goes back over the barrel.

Groups stay very consistent and tight. I don't see any crazy group size opening up.

They don't sound tinny, or have a high pitch resonation. They have that thud sound and a woosh as the shot goes off. I feel this dissipates the sound very well as the gas turbulence in the can releases out the muzzle very nicely.

I'll add some pics of the can itself here in a bit. It can be used as just the baffle stack itself via direct thread or with the reflex screwed into the can for more suppression.

The cans baffles are welded together forming the tube, so it doesn't need an extra tube on the exterior to keep the baffle stack together, reducing weight and giving the can contour for cooling. The end caps can be unthreaded, if you were to have an end cap strike or for cleaning. I opted to have 5/8x24 threaded endcap and reflex. You could also get the same combination in 1/
2x28.

All in all i'm very impressed with this suppressor. The bigger one that I have for testing is phenomenal at reducing recoil and bark. It eats the 132grns of powder like a dog with a steak. And the crazy part of the whole thing is that it isn't any bigger in diameter than the 223 can. Just a little longer and more baffles and of course a lot bigger hole in the end. I can shoot it without earplugs or muffs.

Xdeano

Great write up and thanks for the quick reply!! Saw one in a local shop and I'm very curious about them. Currently running an Omega 300/QD between my ARs and two bolt guns-- would like to have a lightweight direct thread that I could use on my 338RUM-- The larger AB you are running is the 8 baffle Raptor? What reflex did you use on that rifle and how do you feel is compares to the other available big bore options?

So here are some weights on the 22cal Raptor

Baffle stack with end caps 8.36oz
Baffle stack with reflex 11.14oz

The baffle stack alone without threaded endcap 6.835oz
Reflex 4.345oz
Endcap alone 1.525oz.

So basically if you add either the baffle stack and an endcap to make the short suppressor, or the baffle stack and the reflex to get the longer suppressor.

Xdeano

Great write up and thanks for the quick reply!! Saw one in a local shop and I'm very curious about them. Currently running an Omega 300/QD between my ARs and two bolt guns-- would like to have a lightweight direct thread that I could use on my 338RUM-- The larger AB you are running is the 8 baffle Raptor? What reflex did you use on that rifle and how do you feel is compares to the other available big bore options?

The Larger AB is an 8 baffle Raptor, correct.

I've got an old AAC Titan Ti in 338, it's heavier and larger in dia. than the AB is much lighter and is used on a MUCH larger round. The AB is just as quiet as the AAC without the length, weight and dia. It's without a doubt a better can.
The Raptor on the Larger can is 5.25"
The Raptor on the 22cal can is 3.25"

xdeano

Reactions: duckhunter175
0302210852.jpg

Remember that the barrel threads up inside that reflex, so its actually shorter than the 338 titan ti.

Xdeano

Didn't that guy with the glasses used to work for SiCo?

Really like the idea of the suppressor design honestly. Has the potential to be an incredible can for hunting.
I'm honestly not sure about the guy with the glasses.

Hunting is what I'll be using these for. Theyre nice and light and short on top of it.

Xdeano

Anyone else have experience with these? I am seriously considering an 8 baffle for a 33 Nosler or 375 Ruger (also haven’t decided between those).

It seems these cans may be the best option to keep a lighter weight and reasonable length hunting package. My only hang up is how POI is affected from first shot to successive rounds, and general group size.

A couple of things to consider:
-If you plan to run with the regular thread adapter, I would purchase the longer can for better suppression. If you're planning to run primarily with the reflex mount you will get great sound.
-Its direct thread pure titanium so your POI change is going to be fairly minimal. The reflex mount going over the barrel doesn't put the weight further out on your barrel so it should (theoretically) change your POI the same way a similar weight can would if the weight was all forward of the muzzle.
-generally speaking, it shouldn't have any adverse effects on your groups, just a POI shift with the can on or off.

I appreciate the thoughts, I was curious specifically about the accuracy affect of the AB Raptor vs other brands. Some do a great job at tightening groups, while others open them up. I just wonder if anyone can say from experience.

Reactions: 07SGT4623
They are nice guys. I've spoke to the owner and just spent some time with the AB crew at Suppressor Fest. I requested a sample set to get on the PULSE.

Reactions: 338dude and grouse
They just released a new line, the Warthogs. I looked at them, today, in person. I believe they will be my first two (probably going to buy a 5 and 7). The Raptor was my leading choice, but the price difference was just too much. I couldn’t buy, today, the shop didn’t have them input in their system.

Good stuff and work as advertised. The Raptor series are titanium and the new Warthogs are stainless for AR use. Got a client who has to have one of everything they build - and he probably has every brand out there... Not the perfect fit for every use but good at what they do.

I'm the OP of this thread. I'm still using them for work on a daily basis. Ive been using my 375ct AB can on my 375ct and 338 Norma mag with a reflex and my 6.5saum, 6SLR, 6GT all without the reflex. Its surprising how quiet it is. I use the 22 cal can on everything from 17rem on up to my 22-250 and 22-243. I'm still very pleased with these cans. Ive owned many different brands and these still are my go to.

Their new can the warthog is a hell of a can for the money. Everyone should have one. There is nothing wrong with SS. They heat up more consistently than Ti does and with less shift. Ive never had any issues with shift in AB cans but I have in some others. So its definitely a thing. The cost is crazy cheap. It puts a great quality can in most anyone's hands that needs or wants one.

If I was a smart man id get the screw on end caps to reduce the muzzle hole down when I'm shooting lesser calibers than a 375ct, but it works as is.

Deano

Reactions: 338dude and grouse
Looks like the warthog is for 556. With that in mind is the raptor still your go to for large bore?

What length are you using on your 375?
The pictures from some of my original posts above of the longer can next to my 338 can is the 375ct from AB. The dia is the same as a 223 can.
1120220805.jpg

It suppresses the 375ct down a ton, like shooting a 308. Helps with recoil also. I actually just cleaned up the reflex for the 375 and they come out very nice. Heres the kicker when you do a direct thread on the 375 can and put it on a smaller caliber it is still shorter, lighter and quieter for some reason than another mfg in a 30cal can. This is my main configuration for my 6.5saum for work.

I havent spoken to Brad from AB as to weather or not the Ti reflex of the raptor would thread on the new SS warthog, but I have a sneaking suspission that it might.

Hope this helps.
Deano

1024201924.jpg

So i had to dig down a long ways to find this pic. This is the 375ct raptor with direct thread end cap when it came to me new clean weight. Its lite!
Deano

Deano

Thanks a lot. I have a 338 rum with carbon barrel. Will the reflex fit over the larger diameter carbon barrel ?

Deano

Thanks a lot. I have a 338 rum with carbon barrel. Will the reflex fit over the larger diameter carbon barrel ?
So my 375 barrel is 1.0400" dia the inside of the reflex is 1.0480". Thing you have to realize is to measure back over the barrel approx 6" from the muzzle.

So depending on your barrel dia at 6" from the muzzle it should work. But id measure it and tell AB what your barrel dia is and they will fit you with the correct reflex.
Deano

Reactions: grouse
I have a little bird and 7.62 raptor sitting in jail atm, looking forward to getting them in 8 months.

Reactions: xdeano
I havent spoken to Brad from AB as to weather or not the Ti reflex of the raptor would thread on the new SS warthog, but I have a sneaking suspission that it might.

Hope this helps.
Deano

The reflex will not fit on the Warthogs.

A few reasons:
The Warthogs are tapered at the mount end. The Reflex is the same diameter as the Raptor suppressor.
Even if the diameter was the same, the threads are different. Warthog uses the “HUB” standard while the reflex/Raptor uses a proprietary threading.

Look at the mount side:

CCD9F935-D71B-4E83-BBE2-669598FD2A00.jpeg

Above the taper is the same size as the Raptor.

The reflex will not fit on the Warthogs.

A few reasons:
The Warthogs are tapered at the mount end. The Reflex is the same diameter as the Raptor suppressor.
Even if the diameter was the same, the threads are different. Warthog uses the “HUB” standard while the reflex/Raptor uses a proprietary threading.

Look at the mount side:

View attachment 8003113
Above the taper is the same size as the Raptor.
Interesting. I havent gotten a good look at one like that picture. Would have been kinda neat to incorporate the raptor reflex into the warthog for more options. How about the muzzle end cap, is it the same threads for both?
Deano

Interesting. I havent gotten a good look at one like that picture. Would have been kinda neat to incorporate the raptor reflex into the warthog for more options. How about the muzzle end cap, is it the same threads for both?
Deano

I spent two hours playing with them (no shooting, just fondling), yesterday. The shop had a WartHog 5 and 7 as well as the Raptor 4, 6, 8, 10, and a couple different reflexes.

I believe the muzzle is fixed (not removable). I also believe the flash hider that’s built in doubles as a place to use a socket, if stuff gets stuck.

There is no stretching of the imagination that would make me knowledgeable, on this matter, but if you have questions, I’ll try to answer based on what I saw.

I havent put my hands on the new warthog yet. Id like to with the price point of them it makes it a great choice.

Ive been bugging a local shop into getting a demo kit from AB and start selling them. I show as many people and shops as I can up here too. They're a great can, excellent people and I wish they could be more known in the community because the product speaks for itself.

Deano

I got to hunt with my Raptor this fall. A 10 baffle with 3" reflex on a 338 win mag. I can't compare it well as the only other suppressor I've used is a TBAC Dominus and only a few rounds at the range with double ear protection for the other nearby rifles. But while hunting, with no ear protection it was comfortable to shoot. Still the sonic crack of course but real easy on the ears. And the recoil is sweet. Much more of a slower push impulse than the sudden slap. This is on a lightweight Tikka T3x with the sporter barrel cut to 20". Total rifle weight at 8.5 lbs. Accuracy is superb, more accurate with than without the can if anything. I also loved how the moose didn't bolt from the loud shot. Just wobbled around a few seconds then dropped. I can't wait to get it onto my 33 Nosler, (which I actually configured this suppressor for) when I can find the powder for it. But honestly, after feeling how mild the 338 win mag is with it, I'm kind of regretting not just going all the way to the 338 RUM.

Reactions: grouse
AB seems to be out of stock (oos) at most places.

Any thoughts on this one?

Last edited:
AB seems to oos at most places. Any thoughts on this ?

Oos? What is this. AB is pretty new but their owner has been in the supercharger business for many years. Aerocharger. So he's been around a bit and know how to push air.

Deano