• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes about barska on ar15

blazinpixels

Private
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2009
Rochester MN
anyone have any experience with those 4x20 carryhandle scopes for ar15? i know the glass aint great but just wondering how well they hold the zero for 50-100yard shooting

Re: about barska on ar15

Barska ARE JUNK. The internals don't even qualify as second rate. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barska ARE JUNK. The internals don't even qualify as second rate. I'd look elsewhere if I were you. </div></div>

Trust me, this is true. From first hand experience this is utterly true. Move up to something better. I believe the saying goes, buy a rifle you can afford, and optics you can't.

I have looked through a couple from some guys I work with that believe there is no difference between barfska and USO. They looked like shit all around! Poor finish on details, poor glass quality, and one of the two was a red dot that stopped working before the first trip to the range was over. My 300 dollar millet puts them to shame! That's not saying much at all. You would be better off with good iron sight in my opinion.

darn okay. i thought the 4x20 would help but prolly best to hit up a aimpoint or eotech with magnifier

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked through a couple from some guys I work with that believe there is no difference between barfska and USO. They looked like shit all around! Poor finish on details, poor glass quality, and one of the two was a red dot that stopped working before the first trip to the range was over. My 300 dollar millet puts them to shame! That's not saying much at all. You would be better off with good iron sight in my opinion. </div></div>

Ok... Your grammar is kind of confusing. I'm not sure which ones you are saying are crap and which ones you are not. It would appear from your statement that Barska and USO are trash and the Millet is the way to go.

Can you expand?

Very poor resolution on the Barska scopes I have looked through. I see quite a few in use but don't know how long they hold up. You get what you pay for in optic which I learned the hard way many yearts ago, look else where.