• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Absolute Perfection - Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon

AvsFan

Minuteman
Oct 2, 2011
Colorado
[video=youtube;_-oDyycnX_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-oDyycnX_0[/video]

Outstanding!

AvsFan:D

Seen em in person twice, back in the '80s. Made me glad I was a grunt. The amount of practice to get to that level must be nearly overwhelming. A lotta snap and pop there now......

Saw them in 2002 at 8th & I. If your ever in the D.C. area this is a must see. When we were there, a small down pour popped up for 15 minutes or so right before it started. Everyone from the grandstands moved to the opposite side of the parade deck to take shelter from the storm. A full bird colonel walked halfway through the crowd under the shelter of the breezeway until he reached the center of the parade deck. He was kind of doing a walking parade rest and didn't speak to anyone. When he got to the middle of the breezeway, he turned towards the parade deck and walked right out into the pouring rain and slowly walked to the center. He just slowly paced back and forth in the middle of the parade deck in the pouring down rain. I'll never forget it.

I was able to see the evening parade at the 8th and I barracks in Washington DC a couple of times in the late 1980's. I highly recomend it also. I'm not aware of a better inspection of arms drill in the world.