• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ACC weights needed?

Pocket

Monkey with a gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2019
Baton Rouge, La
Ok so looking into some chassis for my vudoo and down the road basically replicate that on a 6.5 platform

looking at 3 chassis system:
MPA BA Comp
MDT ESS
MDT ACC

are the ACC chassis that off balance that weight is NEEDED? It looks horrendous like mini dog treats hanging off the side. I’d be ok with the internal weights and the stock one. Or is the weight game just recoil management at that point?
I,be seen some people (YouTube) it’s perfectly balanced on the barricade and they walk of from it. I’m not needing it to be in a photo shoot. It wouldn’t be up there with out me shouldering it. Are the weights NEEDED or just cutting straws at that point ?

Last edited:
If you look at the thread by @A.Huggy where he made his own people use them for different reasons. I am about to make my own for a 18" MTU Vudoo in an ACC as well. I will likely make a set like his since I think I am going to have to end up putting a NV bridge on it. I am more concerned about balance but it looks like ELR guy/gals want the weight for recoil management.

Yeah reading his thread is what prompted this question to myself. I’m glad it works for them but if I wanted to shoot a space gun I’d be in space. Maybe that’s my concern that and gripping? I do a lot of unsupported standing and being a gorilla it maybe not be the best but I just grab the fore end and hold her on target

But with that said my real only “must haves” was to be a folder and free floating. So ACC might just have more options than I need or will use currently

The ACC is very ass heavy. I put it on an 18" Kikuri. With suppressor and Atlas S-CAL at the front, it was rear heavy.
If you want it to balance, you need the front weights.

The ACC is very ass heavy. I put it on an 18" Kikuri. With suppressor and Atlas S-CAL at the front, it was rear heavy.
If you want it to balance, you need the front weights.

You can also swap out the standard steel butt plate for an aluminium one like (what comes on the ESS). It comes with the steel butt plate because the assumption is that guys will be running long, heavy barrels and added weights for recoil reduction. It's actually quite a light chassis if you swap the butt plates (can't remember the weight offhand). The weights are really available so you can add weight to tailor the balance and weight of the rifle to your liking.

It’s all balance (and looking tacti-kewl).
My acc with a 26” barrel nut mtu contour balances perfectly at the mag well with no weights and is 17lbs. My proof comp contour is very front heavy so I may get the butt weights for that but it’s 19 lbs.

I’ve considered throwing the weights on just to make it heavy as hell but I can’t stomach paying that much money for those little things. I don’t think they are required at all.