• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessible Dope Cards while Shooting

FNG1001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Whats everyone's preferred way to have their DOPE available while shooting?

I've seen armboards from Sunrise Tactical, Hawk Hill for SPUHR and pic rails, less expensive Amazon armbands, taping their 3x5 index card to the stock, just taking a shot then looking at their DOPE book, COLE TAC cheat sheet, etc.

Personally looking to see if this is something i should get for myself (I also have a SPUHR mount)

I have cards that I velcro to the rifle that are specific to conditions (temperature) and various loads.

But I also have this for a drop Quick Reference Guide.

Attachments

• Jessica.jpg
    Jessica.jpg
    651.8 KB · Views: 144
  • dope.jpg
    dope.jpg
    485 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: carbonbased
1 Rubberized gear tie
2 laminated index cards
4 pieces of ‘Velcro.’
1 sharpie
1 small bottle of denatured alcohol

1669327908659.jpeg

Reactions: 6.5SH
I was leaning toward a setup like this, using the Hawk Hill.
Do you ever find that your FOV is being blocked and hurts your shooting?
No. At PRS, distances most targets are really hard to spot without some magnification. Backing the mag down and scanning through the scope works better for me than trying to find the targets unaided. And, if I am scanning unaided, looking directly over the scope gives me better ‘register’ than scanning from the side of the gun. Finally, you can easily push the card flat against the scope to get it out of your view. This is what I do on stages that don’t have distance changed that require me to write down drops.

Reactions: lash
I like the cole tac card, bungee it around the scope of whichever rifle I’m competing with that day. And I can take the card itself off the velcro to easily write on while I’m sitting back behind the gun line.
EBC2684B-51BC-47D8-BDF3-99E6A5D9CCA8.jpeg

If you mean how do I get the dope I put on the card, I have the geoballistics app in my pocket at all times so if I do need to check I can pull it up real quick.

Last edited:
Reactions: lash
I have cards that I velcro to the rifle that are specific to conditions (temperature) and various loads.

But I also have this for a drop Quick Reference Guide.

I have a similar setup on my Win M70

I hate moving items from rifle to rifle (or removing them at all), and I also wanted something tough and physically flexible. I’m a varmint hunter.

So I settled on a bunch of Cole Tac Cheat Sheets. Very happy.

Pick your requirements, make your choices.