• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accountable for every round

kcbird

Private
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2009
TX

Earls made some bad judgment calls in a split second that could cost him the rest of his life. It is unfortunate that these decisions were forced because of some worthless piece of shit robbing him not to mention the judges and DA letting it happen. Just a reminder every round has your name on it, not the assholes.

Did he think he was Miami PD or something?

300px-So_Anyway%2C_I_Started_Blasting.jpg

Reactions: TACC and The D
but, I thought when somebody dies during the commission of a felony, the bad guys get the wrap for it... Or is that only for cops that accidentally shoot bystanders? I know in Texas as a CHL you are responsible for all shots fired... I'm not sure what/when a law shifts that back to the criminals.

Reactions: XP1K and Jsp556
When the police shoot an innocent bystander, they usually get off with just a paid vacation and the victim's families and the rest of the taxpayers foot the bill.

When a normal citizen does it, there is a good chance they get charged criminally, however they will be going broke paying off the lawyers and the civil case.

Hence a lot of instructors and lawyers will warn you about that.

In Texas at least, you are responsible for all the bullets that leave your gun even when target shooting and you can get in trouble for bullets crossing somebody else's property line.

but, I thought when somebody dies during the commission of a felony, the bad guys get the wrap for it... Or is that only for cops that accidentally shoot bystanders? I know in Texas as a CHL you are responsible for all shots fired... I'm not sure what/when a law shifts that back to the criminals.
I'm sure it's different state to state, but I think what you're talking about mainly applies to those that were involved with the crime itself.

For example - in my area, a group of shitbags made their way into a house (masks, knives, etc...whole nine yards) and the homeowner's son ventilated every single one of them except the getaway driver. Getaway driver turned herself in (if I remember right), and last I read they hung the deaths of the shitbags around her neck in the form of multiple first degree murder charges.

You can bet your ass if they catch the shitbag robber he will be charged and RELEASED.

Reactions: wade2big
If you kill someone accidentally, it is your fault. You go to jail for negligent homicide. If they catch the perp, it is also his fault. See post #7 for consequences to the perp.

How about don’t be an idiot and shoot at fleeing suspects.

I get it if your life is in danger but when they are running away no material item they stole is worth that kid’s life.

And in before the stupid “perp deserves to get shot even running away”….

Tell that to the Earls and that little girl’s family.

How about don’t be an idiot and shoot at fleeing suspects.

I get it if your life is in danger but when they are running away no material item they stole is worth that kid’s life.

And in before the stupid “perp deserves to get shot even running away”….

Tell that to the Earls and that little girl’s family.
Unless you wear a badge, then blast away with impunity……..

Bottom line is this: the overwhelming majority of people who carry a concealed handgun for self defense have utterly atrocious marksmanship skills.

They are barely able to hit a 8 1/2 x 11 target 7 yards away while standing perfectly still, and even then it takes them ages to send follow up shots (splits measured in full seconds).

Add any sort of stress (like the timer in competition) and they fall completely apart. Add the stress of a fight for your life, and this is what you get.

This meme is actually a pretty accurate depiction of the average CCW guy who goes to a stand-and-shoot range once in a blue moon, which is probably most of you.

tenor.gif

7C31492B-6646-47D6-9E55-E49BAB67722C.jpeg

76C0ABC3-3699-4837-8178-24225F7E1612.jpeg

It says he fired at the Truck thinking the guy had gotten in it, then says he didn’t know he hit the truck.

Huh???

Houston is as bad as any other liberal city in regards to letting violent criminals walk free with little to mostly no accountability. This is intentionally done to keep the criminal population among the people artificially high in order to terrorize the public in order to further political agendas. Good men are realizing this and are starting to figure out the reality that justice can only be served by the victims considering the state not only enables but protects bad men using the revolving door policy. You don’t eradicate hogs out of an area by catching them in traps and then opening the gate. They will only breed and become a larger percentage of the animal population. This shit is no different. The state won’t fix the problem that it knowingly created.

Maybe this man that did the shooting understood this concept. Maybe he knows that the justice system is a racket used to target and oppress honest men. He might of known that even if caught the perp would be out on the street within hours to recommit. Unfortunately he made a bad judgement call this day that ended the life of an innocent. I cannot begin to imagine what the family of this child is going through.

I hear what you are saying but again, that mindset has NOTHING to do with some John Wick Fudd hybrid wanna be spraying rounds down the street because someone stole money from him.

This is nothing but fuel to the fire about irresponsible gun ownership.

If you’re going to carry a gun then get training, train on your own, induce stress into that training. Visualize good/bad shoot scenarios, etc.

Earls needs to spend the rest of his life in jail for being a moron.

Now - if the shooting had happened while he was being assaulted then different story as his life would have been at risk. Shooting at some running away oxygen thief in the middle of a neighborhood is just stupid and in this case tragic.

Reactions: Dot3 and 308pirate
Now - if the shooting had happened while he was being assaulted then different story as his life would have been at risk. Shooting at some running away oxygen thief in the middle of a neighborhood is just stupid and in this case tragic.
Well he was robbed at gun point. Maybe having the gun pointed at him wasn’t the best time to make any sudden moves.

While I agree, legally speaking, you’re not supposed to shoot at somebody fleeing... i can see why, after having a weapon pointed at him he did.

In the moment it happens too fast. It’s easy to look at it from the outside and make judgments

If he didn't see the guy get in the truck, then he lost sight of him and he definitely wasn't a threat anymore. I think there are a lot off people that buy guns and just start carrying it, not even researching the laws. Some shit goes down and they go all Martin Riggs running around and blasting away

Reactions: Dot3 and TACC
You know it didn't say if the guy had a LTC or not but we just got the right to carry laws passed in Texas. This retarded shit is how you get gun laws and mandatory training to carry. Give the left some ammo to say "see we told you".

Reactions: Dot3
Bottom line is this: the overwhelming majority of people who carry a concealed handgun for self defense have utterly atrocious marksmanship skills.

They are barely able to hit a 8 1/2 x 11 target 7 yards away while standing perfectly still, and even then it takes them ages to send follow up shots (splits measured in full seconds).

Add any sort of stress (like the timer in competition) and they fall completely apart. Add the stress of a fight for your life, and this is what you get.

This meme is actually a pretty accurate depiction of the average CCW guy who goes to a stand-and-shoot range once in a blue moon, which is probably most of you.

tenor.gif
Damn commoners and their 2a.

Damn commoners and their 2a.

Did my comments hit a bit too close to home?

With rights come responsibilities. With the right to bear arms comes the responsibility to not injure or kill the innocent. That means, for all practical purposes, that your skill at arms needs to be pretty fucking high.

You can throw stupid platitudes out all you want. They won't help you when push comes to shove.

Only one other person on this thread seems to get it and it isn't you.

Did my comments hit a bit too close to home?

With rights come responsibilities. With the right to bear arms comes the responsibility to not injure or kill the innocent. That means, for all practical purposes, that your skill at arms needs to be pretty fucking high.

You can throw stupid platitudes out all you want. They won't help you when push comes to shove.

Only one other person on this thread seems to get it and it isn't you.
Lol...

Just out of curiosity how many innocent civilians have been killed by CW holders and how many by law enforcemen? Let’s do the math…….

Boy, you are some kind of anti-cop, ehhh guy? Deep breath, count to 10, then repeat a few times...

Seems many others could use that as well, no idea why people expect that everyone is going to be punching bullseyes but it doesn't take but a few seconds on Youtube to watch badge cams, military cams, etc... and see that training doesn't mean you'll be punching x's when the moment comes in real life.

And a bad guy going away does not mean there is not still a deadly threat, the girl that was just killed in Burger King, guy walked out or was walking out, turned around, came back and executed her, if she had drawn and shot him in the back seems like a lot of you would've hung her, yet it would've saved her life. You can go find videos of successful robberies, bad guys run away, all of a sudden they start firing back, without provocation. I've even seen videos where they run away, come back to just shoot, then leave..

If there was no threat here, this guy is in criminal trouble, negligent homicide sounds right, civilly he's done too.

If there was a deadly threat still present and active, to me, there should be no criminal action, he loses civilly.
Now, legally, this will depend upon the state. But personally, I see it like noted.

Why, because as a society we are better off with the good guys on the street, and as an adult you know that shit happens and perfect isn't human, what was lost here, the tragedy befallen that family is incomprehensible.

Nonetheless, protecting one's self from a deadly threat is something for which we should all be fine "paying the ultimate price."

Shit went south and the wrong person died, sometimes that is life, no amount of laws nor training will wipe that from humanity, we aren't geared for it, humans are not perfect. Just like trying to law our way into Utopia, what happens, authoritarianism and oppression, your utopia has us in reality in hell because humans can't Utopia. Jealousy, envy, bitterness, resentment, on and on, humans can't Utopia, not won't, can't.

It can't happen, humans can't be perfect, not won't, can't, and mistakes will always be in the cards.

Loading groceries into your truck you hear screams, vehicle next to you shaking, "let's check it out, maybe something good," you see a guy beating the piss out of a woman, she's taking it bad, horrible shit.

You decide to stop the threat of death or great bodily harm and shoot the guy.

Turns out what you actually shot was the good guy, see she was pissed because he left her and got the kids, her drug addiction got the best of her. She stalked him, came up behind him and stabbed him, he wrestled her into the car where he was stopping the threat.

You didn't see the initial part to know that it was actually her that started the altercation and her that was an active deadly threat and had stabbed him and still had the knife, obscured by part of the seat of the vehicle.

You did what a reasonable person would do, do we want you locked up forever because you happened to shoot the innocent, No? You're a valuable member of society that sought to protect the innocent, shit went wrong, yes, but we can't know all and to be inactive because you don't know all would render you completely inactive and essentially dead.

So, criminally we let you go, civilly you'll still pay, but criminally you go free, and hopefully, the next time, things are as they seem, but also, hopefully, he still acts, because if that was your daughter or wife and she was being attacked, he just saved her life.

We want that in society even if sometimes shit doesn't go our way.

And by the way, several states have laws that recognize that, and do as such, a good guy that makes a mistake is still a good guy and we want them on our side and in our society.
Gross negligence, spray and pray etc... aside

I get wanting people to be accurate, I have built a range in my backyard so I may train more, but again, you won't train, legislate, force, coerce, whatever, perfect into humanity. People will miss regardless, and again, inaction costs lives too, and could cost many more lives.

I hate to tell you, sometimes the wrong person dies, there's no use in killing another when it was a reasonable action given the circumstances.
Also not saying that was the case here, don't know enough yet.

Boy, you are some kind of anti-cop, ehhh guy? Deep breath, count to 10, then repeat a few times...

Seems many others could use that as well, no idea why people expect that everyone is going to be punching bullseyes but it doesn't take but a few seconds on Youtube to watch badge cams, military cams, etc... and see that training doesn't mean you'll be punching x's when the moment comes in real life.

And a bad guy going away does not mean there is not still a deadly threat, the girl that was just killed in Burger King, guy walked out or was walking out, turned around, came back and executed her, if she had drawn and shot him in the back seems like a lot of you would've hung her, yet it would've saved her life. You can go find videos of successful robberies, bad guys run away, all of a sudden they start firing back, without provocation. I've even seen videos where they run away, come back to just shoot, then leave..

If there was no threat here, this guy is in criminal trouble, negligent homicide sounds right, civilly he's done too.

If there was a deadly threat still present and active, to me, there should be no criminal action, he loses civilly.
Now, legally, this will depend upon the state. But personally, I see it like noted.

Why, because as a society we are better off with the good guys on the street, and as an adult you know that shit happens and perfect isn't human, what was lost here, the tragedy befallen that family is incomprehensible.

Nonetheless, protecting one's self from a deadly threat is something for which we should all be fine "paying the ultimate price."

Shit went south and the wrong person died, sometimes that is life, no amount of laws nor training will wipe that from humanity, we aren't geared for it, humans are not perfect. Just like trying to law our way into Utopia, what happens, authoritarianism and oppression, your utopia has us in reality in hell because humans can't Utopia. Jealousy, envy, bitterness, resentment, on and on, humans can't Utopia, not won't, can't.

It can't happen, humans can't be perfect, not won't, can't, and mistakes will always be in the cards.

Loading groceries into your truck you hear screams, vehicle next to you shaking, "let's check it out, maybe something good," you see a guy beating the piss out of a woman, she's taking it bad, horrible shit.

You decide to stop the threat of death or great bodily harm and shoot the guy.

Turns out what you actually shot was the good guy, see she was pissed because he left her and got the kids, her drug addiction got the best of her. She stalked him, came up behind him and stabbed him, he wrestled her into the car where he was stopping the threat.

You didn't see the initial part to know that it was actually her that started the altercation and her that was an active deadly threat and had stabbed him and still had the knife, obscured by part of the seat of the vehicle.

You did what a reasonable person would do, do we want you locked up forever because you happened to shoot the innocent, No? You're a valuable member of society that sought to protect the innocent, shit went wrong, yes, but we can't know all and to be inactive because you don't know all would render you completely inactive and essentially dead.

So, criminally we let you go, civilly you'll still pay, but criminally you go free, and hopefully, the next time, things are as they seem, but also, hopefully, he still acts, because if that was your daughter or wife and she was being attacked, he just saved her life.

We want that in society even if sometimes shit doesn't go our way.

And by the way, several states have laws that recognize that, and do as such, a good guy that makes a mistake is still a good guy and we want them on our side and in our society.
Gross negligence, spray and pray etc... aside

I get wanting people to be accurate, I have built a range in my backyard so I may train more, but again, you won't train, legislate, force, coerce, whatever, perfect into humanity. People will miss regardless, and again, inaction costs lives too, and could cost many more lives.

I hate to tell you, sometimes the wrong person dies, there's no use in killing another when it was a reasonable action given the circumstances.
Also not saying that was the case here, don't know enough yet.
Nope not anti cop at all, I’m merely pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation.

Just out of curiosity how many innocent civilians have been killed by CW holders and how many by law enforcemen? Let’s do the math…….

You should start a thread about that. It’s not relevant to the conversation. Hypocrisy doesn’t bring back that little girl or make his actions less stupid.

Everyone has to own their actions and stop pointing out how it’s not “fair”. Life isn’t fair. Deal with it.

A complete tragedy, and can't imagine how the family of the little girl feel. My heart goes out to them. I got a close dose of that after losing my brother but know my pain is nowhere near my mothers...

The guy will pay for this mistake, likely with his freedom and his finances. And the heartbreak that any non-sociopath would undoubtedly feel and carry for the rest of their lives. And the fact there is nothing he can do to bring her back or truly repay for the loss.

What I cannot subscribe to is the actual gun owning elitist mindset that play the same narrative of the leftists who's intent is to disarm the average citizen. Want to make a difference, help one person new to firearms, and ask them to also pay it forward.

You should start a thread about that. It’s not relevant to the conversation. Hypocrisy doesn’t bring back that little girl or make his actions less stupid.

Everyone has to own their actions and stop pointing out how it’s not “fair”. Life isn’t fair. Deal with it.
I never said anything about “fair“ dumb ass.

Pretty sad, I wonder if it makes national news every time some gang bangers stray bullet strikes a child. :unsure:

What I cannot subscribe to is the actual gun owning elitist mindset that play the same narrative of the leftists who's intent is to disarm the average citizen.

The more defensive you get over this the more I'm convinced you couldn't hit the fucking ground with your pistol even if you dropped it.

The more defensive you get over this the more I'm convinced you couldn't hit the fucking ground with your pistol even if you dropped it.

Lol, so predictable. Hit a nerve? Get over yourself hahaha....

You can bet your ass if they catch the shitbag robber he will [get nothing more than] RELEASED.
FIFY.... sadly.

For the victim who accidentally hit the young girl... unfortunately, he is in bad trouble. Hitting a bystander while trying to shoot a fleeing perp/felon/shitwad/robber... is not going to go well.

I don't like it. But he is going to have a tough few months ahead and maybe worse.

Sirhr

Reactions: kcbird