• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accu-Shot AICS question

Smurfwarrior

Private
Minuteman
Searching hasn't revealed any answers, so pardon if it's been asked/answered before.

Looking at the BT08-QK for my AICS and noticed this comment on their website ref mounting/stock modification.

"The Accuracy International (ASAI) Monopod is designed specifically to fit the Accuracy International AE, AW and AICS systems. The ASAI is attached via an application specific nut <span style="font-weight: bold">without modification to the stock </span>and is deployed and retracted with the press of a button."

Interested to figure out how this is attached and if anyone has toyed with using a rail on the bottom and using the cheaper rail mount model Accu-Shot.

Re: Accu-Shot AICS question

I believe there is a hole in the "hand hook" of the skins and the nut allows it to be used in the skins.
Pics stolen off yahoo images!

r700aics01.jpg

AICS011.jpg

B&T has got their shit together, so I wouldn't sweat anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smurfwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent response! Many thanks for the pics. I don't have a hole in my skins and wondered how in the world it would mount without one. Time to get the drill out!
Thanks again </div></div>

DONT DRILL YET... Until someone who actually has an AICS chassis in their possession chimes in... better yet, someone with a accu-shot monopod installed!!!

Haha, I wouldn't dare start drilling until I get one and have a gander at how it gets mounted.
smile.gif

Anyone have a clue as to who has this model the cheapest? Everywhere I look they are about the same price and Brownells doesn't stock the AI model.

Just did it, you do have to drill the skin to insert the adapter that the new long lower recoil pad screw interfaces with. I was a little off so the monopod will not lock in the stowed position without slapping the piss out of it. Just ordered viperskins to solve the problem. Thumbhole on aics is ok but I shoot AR's quite a bit also and the pistol grip just feels more natural to me. Im sure if installed perfectly the accushot would work great on the AICS.

FYI the current version of Viperskins DO NOT have the hole in them and you will need to have work done to them in order to accomodate the Accu-Shot monopod. I was just corresponding with Michael about this very issue in the last couple of days and this is straight from him as of two days ago.

You may want to wait a bit anyway on getting your Viperskins if you are thinking AICS Accu-Shot monopod and Viperskins. I don't want to jump the gun or take anything away from Michael so just hang tight a bit longer and I'm sure he'll have something to say here shortly.

I ordered them monday from victor company website. I dont mind drilling the hole and without the thumbhole componet of stock in the way I dont see any issues with making it work.

I am pretty sure I have an accushot monopod for the aics if you are looking for one? I won't be home until monday night but I am almost certain I have one sitting in my safe.

• Love
Reactions: SneakyDingo1
To OP, thank you for your interest. The original AI monopod (our part number BT08) was for the AI stock now called "Legacy" stock was a thumbhoile style and they had a hole on the "hook" portion of the stock requiring no modifications. The picture posted by slowkota shows it installed. The new AI stock ha pistol grip takes the new style monopod (our part number BT57) has a pistol grip takes the new style monopod seen here unfinished and requires the stock to be modified at molded parting lines. Regarding the original BT08, we will be doing another run so anyone interested please contact Customer Service at [email protected] and request to be put on waiting list.

1575556629349.png

Did not see it last night cuz I was bullshitting with the family. I will check my texts in a couple of minutes and get back with you.