• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Accuracy 1st Level

diderr

The Patch Guy
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
datapatches.com
Well it came today. Can't wait to try it out. I've been using the top part of the gen II mil dot like a front sight post trying to get a refined aiming point. It's been working great, but I can tell when the rifle isn't tell perfectly level cause there is a POI shift. Hopefully the level will negate this.
IMG_0867.jpg

I've been using this level for over a year now. I also think its the best one Available. It picks up the slightest amount of cant and is very easy to see.

If I could give you a suggestion that might work for you. I mounted mine on the other side of the turrets, (closer to the objective lens, right by the other ring) and it works better for me. When I shoot 2 eyes open my left eye picks up the level and places it inside my scope just about the reticle. So I can easily see my reticle and watch my cant. It's pretty cool how your eyes work.
Second it won't obstruct your turrets. So you can easily see all your markings.

Hope that helps you. If you decide to try this out please let me know how it works for you.

Nice looking level. I have a USO rail mount, but I like the look of that one. What do they go for?

Big B,
your mounting ideas definitely make sense to me.

Landon,
the further you go out, the more shift that you get. There is a thread on here that discusses the subject, and has targets for examples.

That is a pretty cool level. It looks very similar to the trim indicator in a helicopter. If these are the same design it should be very accurate at indicating cant.

Nice looking level. I have a USO rail mount, but I like the look of that one. What do they go for?

Big B,

Landon,
the further you go out, the more shift that you get. There is a thread on here that discusses the subject, and has targets for examples.
I got mine on ebay directly from accuracy first for $85. the 30mm version is $95.

I've been using this level for over a year now. I also think its the best one Available. It picks up the slightest amount of cant and is very easy to see.

If I could give you a suggestion that might work for you. I mounted mine on the other side of the turrets, (closer to the objective lens, right by the other ring) and it works better for me. When I shoot 2 eyes open my left eye picks up the level and places it inside my scope just about the reticle. So I can easily see my reticle and watch my cant. It's pretty cool how your eyes work.
Second it won't obstruct your turrets. So you can easily see all your markings.

Hope that helps you. If you decide to try this out please let me know how it works for you.

I do this as well. Works great when you keep both eyes open. It's almost like the level floats inside the sight picture.

Big B,

Landon,

Thanks

I am familiar with the issue but had never seen that thread. Interesting example. I am curious at what distance you can self identify that you are missing your mark, or getting a poi shift, based on what you are seeing down range as a result of a canted reticle. I would have to believe he is not shooting at 100 yards.

His experience is interesting since I have done lots of shooting out to 1k in "field conditions" in the past both with and without the bubble level and I cannot tell a difference in my data book whether i used it or not.

I would like to know if the level solves the issue or helps get the desired result.

I hope these become available in 35mm soon as the Mark 8 is now out on the market.

Another thumbs up here for this level. I also mounted it forward which woks great. It blew me away at longer ranges when I THOUGHT I was level, then corrected myself and saw the difference in aiming point. I would have been calling a miss due to wind when it was really cant.

I have two of these and though function wise they're awesome, the machine work is embarrassing at best. Tool marks, ring halves aren't concentric, and there's even chipping where they slotted the rings on both of my units. I'm not getting rid of mine, they work great, but as an engineer I would have liked a better finish job for a "top of the line" product (larue, USO, Spuhr, etc).