• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Advanced Marksmanship Accuracy 1st's shooting method

rickp

Sergeant
Minuteman
I've read a few articles now about military units training with Accuracy 1st and using what they call a very efficient shooting method.
Is anyone familiar with what they're doing, or how they are doing it that is so efficient? I'm not expecting any proprietary information, just an understanding of what they're doing new. It's my understanding that they're also using the Horus H58/59 reticle. Has anyone used that reticle? Having all those reference points seems efficient when holding for both wind and elevation.

R.

Re: Accuracy 1st's shooting method

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXRb6nPcx10"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZXRb6nPcx10" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Frank. The Marines make it sound like he re-invented the wheel.

Here it is.

Article

R.</div></div>
The article says: "Todd has really revolutionary tactics about shooting (around, over and within buildings.)"

Can somebody pretty-please teach me how to shoot <span style="font-weight: bold">around</span> (and/or <span style="font-weight: bold">over</span>) buildings?
grin.gif

Mouse,

Todd revolutionized the ballistic trajectory. It's his theories in this regard that lead to the discovery and further development of such state of the art practices like shooting through a loophole. Things like Mechanical offsets, and Crossing of the First Line of Sight are just two of his recent discoveries and this is why the math behind the practice of such developments are considered Top Secret. If only you had clearance, they would tell you, but unfortunately that along with such things like the use of Density Altitude are too, soon to be patented by Accuracy 1st. <span style="font-style: italic">(see whiz wheel )</span>

Achieving the status of National Sniper Champion, there are many things you're just not privy too. <span style="font-style: italic">(see Tac Pro match, Rifles Only Competition for details)</span>

Reference material can be found here:

http://youtu.be/NZR64EF3OpA

Lowlight,

Yes I see... So many things I'm not privy to...
grin.gif

And to think - until I found this site, I was sure that Loophole was something you used to evade taxation!
grin.gif

So how'd you like that H59 last week Rick
laugh.gif

I liked it. One thing I would like to see though is if they could make all the lines just a little thinner.

I would like to take that reticle out to targets past 800/900y and see how it works.

Frank didn't you hear? There's a formula for shooting out of a helicopter now.... It's patented though. Dammit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rickp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked it. One thing I would like to see though is if they could make all the lines just a little thinner.

I would like to take that reticle out to targets past 800/900y and see how it works. </div></div>

thinner? really? alot of people complain because it was too thin and hard to see when it's at lower magnification.

There have been few people who did it and have had much success.... but you know our situation here and the damn long distance ranges.

That's the reason I would like to take it out to longer ranges and see how targets look. I would like to take it to Manatee. That would be a good place to test it.

My initial observation was that it might cover some of the down range info. I would like to have a little more time behind it to really learn it.

I still really like it though. I think it would be very useful for holding at the longer ranges. having all those reference marks is nice over just hovering the reticle in midair and most are use to doing.

I think at a distance of 1000 yards with 21x mag you're not really doing a holdover (you probably have it dialed in) but will use the grid to correct your shot if you miss. because the miss will hit within the grid, and then you can use that spot as a reference, and then adjust your 2nd shot accordingly.

at 21x I think it's only like 6-7 mils that you see in the grid

These fomula's are sooooo secret they are hidden in Gen (then Major) Hatcher's book "Machine Guns" written in 1917.

If one would study trench warfare of WWI, all this is covered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mouse,

Todd revolutionized the ballistic trajectory. It's his theories in this regard that lead to the discovery and further development of such state of the art practices like shooting through a loophole. Things like Mechanical offsets, and Crossing of the First Line of Sight are just two of his recent discoveries and this is why the math behind the practice of such developments are considered Top Secret. If only you had clearance, they would tell you, but unfortunately that along with such things like the use of Density Altitude are too, soon to be patented by Accuracy 1st. <span style="font-style: italic">(see whiz wheel )</span>

Achieving the status of National Sniper Champion, there are many things you're just not privy too. <span style="font-style: italic">(see Tac Pro match, Rifles Only Competition for details)</span>

Reference material can be found here:

http://youtu.be/NZR64EF3OpA

</div></div>
There goes another perfectly good keyboard!

My fucking sides hurt!
LMFAO!
smile.gif

Ive shot with todd and Eddie up in canadian. they arent doing anything that hasnt been discovered yet. What they do well though is take all the equations and condense them to simple math that you can do in your head for the most part. they also teach a lot of mental stuff about prepping for shots that most take for granted and overlook all together. They have busted a lot of myths about what is accepted in the shooting world. If you get the new Magpul dvd they explain a bit of data but not all of it. It is really good stuff.

Maverick