Accuracy International AT-X

abn31c

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2018
    AT-X thread, AI .223 conversion impending (and likely to be very popular in said AT-X). Both of which are pertinent topics to discuss here. Neither of which you are discussing.
    I posted a response to a question asked directly to me...sorry to have hurt yer feelings.....😂

deersniper

What would BurtGummer do?
    Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Me too! Though, not good for Graboids!
    Be good on the others ?

2C7889B1-72F3-40A8-9BBB-F48D9A26663D.jpeg

6229D75C-B03F-4629-9D33-E5B1B9B526B6.jpeg

Bravo6niner

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2017
    CO
    Seen a few rifle weights listed but has anyone weighed a bare AT-X without the barrel?

phlegethon

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Nov 4, 2018
    All this talk about low bore height etc etc and you go and put giant rings on it?! I’ve seen AXs lower than that!!
    The advantage of the low bore height is recoil management. The ring height has nothing to do with it. If anything with higher rings you can have a more upright position and bring the rifle closer to the midline.

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
    Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    The advantage of the low bore height is recoil management. The ring height has nothing to do with it. If anything with higher rings you can have a more upright position and bring the rifle closer to the midline.
    Lol it was more busting his balls. I know rings have nothing to do with bore height.

That said, a vast majority of AX guys complain about absurd HoB, at least in PRS applications, mainly because of full length handguards and the goofy platform in front of the mag well. The ability (or lack thereof) to fit those guns into tight apertures is pretty much nil. The AT-X gives us a remedy to that problem, of which he is not taking advantage of currently LOL.

Last edited:
    Reactions: seansmd

Smooth_87

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Apr 27, 2013
    Australia
    I just wanna see the colours in production model finishes on the AT-X to see what to order.

Yes I’ve seen the photos already circulating. Curious to know if it’s the production model finish or not.

Reactions: deersniper

deersniper

Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    I just wanna see the colours in production model finishes on the AT-X to see what to order.

Yes I’ve seen the photos already circulating. Curious to know if it’s the production model finish or not.
    The sand looks too light I went with 2010s retro FDE

Texascbr

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 7, 2017
    Austin, Texas
    Waiting on my Blue AT-X to arrive and currently have an AT-LE. Curious if the barrel interface between AI rifles of the same series is similar enough where my muzzle brake will still be properly indexed when moving a barrel from one rifle to another?

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It..
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Waiting on my Blue AT-X to arrive and currently have an AT-LE. Curious if the barrel interface between AI rifles of the same series is similar enough where my muzzle brake will still be properly indexed when moving a barrel from one rifle to another?
    Same action. No difference

Reactions: BuLLet

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    I'm turning Blue waiting on my Blue! I should have gone RED like @NoLegs24, I'd have at least one by now. :(

Defender3

Online Training Member
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    Quantico ranges are closed this weekend so I spent a few hours yesterday on the riding mower cutting the shotgun fields.

I had a shipping email from Euro waiting for me when I got home. Damn false alarm though, apparently I had a backorder for 500 6mm Bergers they filled. Oh well...

craigos

craigos from Scout 2015
    Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2017
    PNW
    there was a post from AI on the order they would be fulfilling colors and when ... it was red, fde, sand, blue with like a quarter from begin to end if i recall correctly

just browsing

just enough to be dangerous
    Minuteman
  • Feb 18, 2017
    NE PA
    Was told Elite Sand is now slated to start beginning of November. As to whether or not that timing actually holds true is TBD.

Red and FDE until then, at the very least.

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver

deersniper

Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    I just ordered a fde from
    Mile high. When will I have it ?

Also.

can you run 16” barrels on these?