• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

A couple of shots of the AT-X from the AI team out at the Quantico PRS club match today.

thumbnail_IMG_0599-2140766.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0613-2140765.jpg

Euro has no clue when they will be getting those in. Those and the folder is unknown at the moment.

Has anyone that ordered through EO gotten it yet? I should be #8 but nothing yet

FYI - my 6 BRA AT barrel does NOT headspace correctly to the AT-X

** Public Service Announcement **

Though these are *supposed* to be compatible with AT barrels & AX barrels - make sure you check headspace if you swapping barrels across rifles.

**Note everything is off to the smith to be checked, will know 100% once I hear back...

Ok, heard back from the smith.

The AT/AT-X chassis are within 1 thou of each other, the problem was my barrel.

So, the AT / AT-X barrels should swap if your barrel is done properly - as expected.

As an aside, I sent in an AW .308 barrel I purchased here to have it checked as well. It seems like its not in spec for head spacing. I guess I really should have tested it with headspace gauges before I shot it but I was so excited and nothing blew up so I guess I was lucky.

On the upside, the AW barrel is too long so its an easy fix.

Smith said: "Tenon length is 1.500 with .1285 protrusion with a go gage AT barrels are made to .132-.133 protrusion" verbally he told me it closes easily on a no-go gauge for .308...

Smith said: "Tenon length is 1.500 with .1285 protrusion with a go gage AT barrels are made to .132-.133 protrusion" verbally he told me it closes easily on a no-go gauge for .308...
If he's measuring gauge protrusion off the breech face it will be wrong every time.

Here's a clue.

Attachments

• IMG_5512.jpg
    IMG_5512.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
I can't give you an exact weight at the moment as I have lent every available bridge we have to others. You will want the short bridge for NRL Hunter.

Reactions: gamewarden
On the upside, the AW barrel is too long so its an easy fix.

What gauges was your smith using? It’s my understanding AI .308 barrels will fail head space checks with PTG and other non AI headspace gauges.

Reactions: Bravo6niner
Anyone with info, please tell us about the eventual 6.5 prc versions. Thanks

. . . It’s my understanding AI .308 barrels will fail head space checks with PTG and other non AI headspace gauges.
WTF? This is a classic example of internet knowledge. Way would an AI .308 chamber deviate from SAAMI and CIP specifications when it has to run with factory ammunition?

If your gauges don't come with a PML certificate you don't know what you've got. The same can be said for most suppliers of chambering reamers. Most of them can't make the same thing twice in a row. If you can't validate your tooling you are just gambling.

Tried it, put the original back on. I like the mpa grip on my mpa chassis, not so much on my ATX. Just a personal preference.

Reactions: deersniper
Tried it, put the original back on. I like the mpa grip on my mpa chassis, not so much on my ATX. Just a personal preference.
Have you tried the mdt elite?

I’m a big fan of the vertical grip on the Bravos and like the ax grip better than this slanted thing on the atx

Try the Old Balls Inc grip. Loved it on my MDT ACC.

Have you tried the mdt elite?

I’m a big fan of the vertical grip on the Bravos and like the ax grip better than this slanted thing on the atx
Yes, I have one of those chassis too.
It's my least favorite grip.
This is ford vs chevy stuff tho.......

Reactions: deersniper
Yeah I seent that it was a real sight I thought you were trolling me. But not a fan of having to make an account on any website let alone that one

Yep. OBI is legit. It’s owned by Ckye who created the ckye pod and now MDT is making it.

Reactions: seansmd
i bought an ergo vortical with a beavertail (newish) .. should be here this week. The default grip doesnt work well for me, used to the MDT and MPA grips.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Hello everyone and thank you to those that watch the X-Ring channel. I have video footage from the 2021 Snipers Unknown match using the AI AT-X. This rifle was also outfitted with the prototype hinge folder and NV bridge.

Snipers Unknown Challenge 2021 the S.U.C!

Congrats on the 3rd place finish. Love the footage of the ATX. It was nice of AI to furnish you with the NV bridge and hinge. Love the setup. Never knew Tony was such a good shooter. Love their knives. Thanks for sharing

@X-ring two questions.

Tangent the pinnacle of scopes?

How did the AT-X feel compared to your other AI’s in a match setting?

Reactions: X-ring
@X-ring two questions.

Tangent the pinnacle of scopes?

How did the AT-X feel compared to your other AI’s in a match setting?
Love the Tangent for the clarity and the turrets but there are some things I don’t like.
1. The lock ring on the ocular lets it slip even on a hard lock, lock should mean locked.
2. I wish I could set the zero stop well below the zero. (Speed drop applications)
3. I wish the parallax could go closer.

I don’t regret the purchase at all but I think the NF Atacr is a lot of bang for less.
The AT-X was great for this match and just feels better overall . You can definitely tell it sits lower and gives me more options for different kinds of matches with the weights, arca etc.
The cheek riser needs more fine adjustments. I am right in the middle of too low or just too high. Trigger is awesome for me from the factory.
I really wasn’t nice to the rifle during this match and it did great. I do have one magazine that it doesn’t like at all.
I hope this helps.
Thanks.
Ray

Slight thread drift in protest of no black AT-X---that DD backend setup in X-ring's video was pretty boss. I might have to give that a try.

With the cheek piece adjustment, is it a notched type system or a clamp on two rods like a KRG whiskey? If it is notched, then yea, that would suck to be right in between settings. Either high or lower rings I guess. Anyone that has a X can clarify?

With the cheek piece adjustment, is it a notched type system or a clamp on two rods like a KRG whiskey? If it is notched, then yea, that would suck to be right in between settings. Either high or lower rings I guess. Anyone that has a X can clarify?
It’s notched. Have the same issue—AI is leaving money on the table, just pull those asr chassis apart already.

• Angry
Reactions: alfmoonspace
It is notched .