• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Is there any instructions to install the hinge? Am I missing something? Hinge showed up from EO with nothing in the box.

@Surly Post #3570

Hey while its not overly difficult, its also not really obvious how to replace your fixed stock with the Hinge Assembly. I included some quick short instructions on my website where I list the AT-X Hinge Assembly for sale:

Here they are as well (since I just replaced mine):

Below the manual calls for 44.3 inch pound torque settings for #4 (bolts to main chassis), and #5 which is the bolt to the rear chassis. These are basically the same bolt sets you will use for replacing the fixed chassis with the hinge assembly. The AT-X Hinge Assembly comes with (4) M6 hex screws and (1) M5 hex screw. You will need to remove the part below that is between the screws #4 and #5.

AT-X Hinge Assembly Torque Settings

Additionally, you will need to remove the below part as well (between #1 and #2). You will then replace these with the Hinge Assembly.

AT-X Hinge Assembly Torque_Settings_Rear_Chassis-2

edit - of course there are the other parts like the part that keeps the stock in the folded position - those are pretty obvious so I didn't include them...

Last edited:
Glad someone has a brain here
Sometimes it’s that and other times it’s because people don’t want to be attacked over telling the truth. The mob is always on standby. With my ATX on a tripod, I can damn near lift the rifle and one tripod leg off the ground with the uncocked bolt lift. Too many people are lying to theirselves and to form users. It’s not even remotely close to custom action bolt lift in the 60 degree lift category. My old Cadex shadow, somehow, had impressive and lighter bolt lift than most 60 degrees out there. It also didn’t feel like I was fighting a small midget to lock the bolt up. My Zeus action has a lock up assist where it forces the lockup.

The issue with the action is coming from the fire control system. I greased it and the bolt shroud contact point and it made it slightly better.

I will say, it’s hard to notice its flaw when manipulating the bolt under a PRS style COF. The stress of completing the COF masks its flaws. If you manipulate the bolt fast it’s fine. But the lying about it being comparable to a custom action needs to stop. But if someone believes it to be true then it is what it is.

Sometimes it’s that and other times it’s because people don’t want to be attacked over telling the truth. The mob is always on standby. With my ATX on a tripod, I can damn near lift the rifle and one tripod leg off the ground with the uncocked bolt lift. Too many people are lying to theirselves and to form users. It’s not even remotely close to custom action bolt lift in the 60 degree lift category. My old Cadex shadow, somehow, had impressive and lighter bolt lift than most 60 degrees out there. It also didn’t feel like I was fighting a small midget to lock the bolt up. My Zeus action has a lock up assist where it forces the lockup.

The issue with the action is coming from the fire control system. I greased it and the bolt shroud contact point and it made it slightly better.

I will say, it’s hard to notice its flaw when manipulating the bolt under a PRS style COF. The stress of completing the COF masks its flaws. If you manipulate the bolt fast it’s fine. But the lying about it being comparable to a custom action needs to stop. But if someone believes it to be true then it is what it is.
Agreed. It’s the heaviest bolt lift I’ve personally ever felt. Nothing wrong per say with that but it is what it is. This and lack of 12+ round mags will likely keep AI off the PRS podium for a long time. This is also why many advocate for the 90 degree actions in general for PRS because off an unstable position on a bag it disturbs the gun much less, keeping on target, reducing par times. You can say you’re just as fast with an AI but you’re either lying to yourself or haven’t practiced with a custom 90 degree action enough.

I bought an AI due to the reliability reputation. With a carbon barrel I think the ATX makes a great multi use field rifle. Are there better options for hunting? Yes? PRS? Yes. But the AI is a great all around rifle. Shot mine the other day with a 22” bart carbon barrel. I think it measured .1’s. Sure some luck involved, but it flat out shoots.

Agreed. It’s the heaviest bolt lift I’ve personally ever felt. Nothing wrong per say with that but it is what it is. This and lack of 12+ round mags will likely keep AI off the PRS podium for a long time. This is also why many advocate for the 90 degree actions in general for PRS because off an unstable position on a bag it disturbs the gun much less, keeping on target, reducing par times. You can say you’re just as fast with an AI but you’re either lying to yourself or haven’t practiced with a custom 90 degree action enough.

I bought an AI due to the reliability reputation. With a carbon barrel I think the ATX makes a great multi use field rifle. Are there better options for hunting? Yes? PRS? Yes. But the AI is a great all around rifle. Shot mine the other day with a 22” bart carbon barrel. I think it measured .1’s. Sure some luck involved, but it flat out shoots.
I’ll be honest, I bought mine (AXSR and ATX) because they look sexy and I had money to burn. I relied upon user feedback to validate my purchases. Now my only issue is the feedback was not truthful. That’s my main issue. As far as I can tell, so long as there’s a good barrel installed and reloading skills to match, they will shoot. My 6CM and 300NM in those rifles does well as far as groups are concerned.

I've been saying this for years. It's true when you're rifle weighs 20 lb and you're running the bolt real hard during a course of fire you won't notice it and you can run it pretty fast. But if the discussion is about objective bolt feel then it just doesn't compare. When I lay down behind a rifle bilit on a custom action and trigger tech trigger and I shoot it it just feels like a marriage of precision. Like you're shooting a scalpel. When I lay down behind the AI with the coarse two stage trigger and that bolt lift and the big fat tang area that eliminates a thumb rest it feels like I'm driving a dump truck. People will argue about it on the internet all day long but I would love to have them lay down behind my two rifles and then tell me the AI feels more precision.
Agree. And to reiterate, it’s the user feedback perception that’s my main issue. Although there could be improvements nonetheless

I’ll be honest, I bought mine (AXSR and ATX) because they look sexy and I had money to burn. I relied upon user feedback to validate my purchases. Now my only issue is the feedback was not truthful. That’s my main issue. As far as I can tell, so long as there’s a good barrel installed and reloading skills to match, they will shoot. My 6CM and 300NM in those rifles does well as far as groups are concerned.
Understandable. Snipershide has long been full of AI fanboys which is likely the reason. AI for a long time was the best option around in a world of trued and blueprinted 700 builds in a AICS chassis. Nowadays there are many more options. This bias is quite prevalent in users here much like people over on ARFCOM are heavily bias toward certain brands. As long as you’re aware of this it will help you decipher some of the user reports.

That said I take nothing away from AI building a great rifle. I’m happy with mine for what it is for sure.

Reactions: JB.IC
See post #3,683

If you grease that, youre bolt lift and close will be dramatically lighter/smoother/easier/etc... IDK if yall are doing that already or not but it feels like a different gun to me since doing it. I guess i might be late to that party but im glad i learned it.

I felt it strip and immediately said it’s not worth it. I knew where that road was going to lead.

Idk about anyone else but my bolt lift is ridiculous. A few people on the hide said it was comparable to a Zeus and that’s not even remotely true. I’m 220lbs and can do 15+ pull-ups and deadlift basically a Toyota pickup. The bolt lift is stupid heavy.

I find if you place your thumb directly behind the bolt and “push” down with thumb while basically a knife hand up, it opens the bolt very quickly and easily.

But just grabbing the bolt by itself and lifting, ya, it’s not light I all. I think I used one of those luggage scales with the straps and put the strap on the bolt ball. It was like 17lbs at the highest point to open it.

Anyone saying the lift itself is light is just not being objective.

However, I personally don’t think the “proper” way of running an AI bolt is the same as the “proper” way to run others.

If you put same people on AI and others and run them both what I consider “properly” you might be able to show and objectively faster non AI action. However I think it would be debatable if fast enough to matter on the clock.

Then it moves into personal preferences. If you personally don’t want to run the AI that way, then it’s never going to be for you.

With all these lift issues... I may just have to empty out the AI safe :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I find if you place your thumb directly behind the bolt and “push” down with thumb while basically a knife hand up, it opens the bolt very quickly and easily.

But just grabbing the bolt by itself and lifting, ya, it’s not light I all. I think I used one of those luggage scales with the straps and put the strap on the bolt ball. It was like 17lbs at the highest point to open it.

However, I personally don’t think the “proper” way of running an AI bolt is the same as the “proper” way to run others.

If you put same people on AI and others and run them both what I consider “properly” you might be able to show and objectively faster non AI action. However I think it would be debatable if fast enough to matter on the clock.

Then it moves into personal preferences. If you personally don’t want to run the AI that way, then it’s never going to be for you.
I’ve been using that technique for about 5-6 years now.

Reactions: BuLLet and VSP968
It’s a good technique to use. Here’s a video from a guarding match from a couple years ago.

Reactions: Witty
Never had an issue running them in a single motion.

Obviously not the same as lighter actions, but I haven’t found either easier to use when running fast.

There’s plenty of times you’ll run it that way in prs matches.

See post #3,683

If you grease that, youre bolt lift and close will be dramatically lighter/smoother/easier/etc... IDK if yall are doing that already or not but it feels like a different gun to me since doing it. I guess i might be late to that party but im glad i learned it.
Tried this today on both rifles. A well seasoned 2014 AT & 2018 AX with dramatically less round count.

Dare say it made any difference. That said, I can’t say I’ve found the heavy bolt lift an issue. Just got used to it. Find man handling it it responds better.

6ifcqh.jpeg

NY absolutely blows w the gun control here and it’s about to get worse. Meanwhile bail reform is working out great!

Last edited:
Shot my first ever F-class match today with the ATX. 6BRA Bartlein modBB spun by SPR. Shot the match "tactical" style with an accutac bipod and rear bag, not all the fancy f-class stuff. Heavy bolt lift definitely impacted my ability to smoothly roll from shot to shot and maintain position behind the rifle. The rifle shot great but the bolt lift will probably cause me to switch to a different rifle if I pursue F class. Had a great time, finished with a 584-16X. Learned a few things and will definitely score better next time given the same conditions.

Screenshot_20220604-114510_Chrome.jpg

As I'll be picking up my AT-X on Monday or Tuesday from my FFL, recommendations on favorite bag riders?

I agree with this. I was expecting a nice "Sniper Rifle", not a racegun, and its what I got when I bought my AX. I was always doubtful of the "super light action, feels like a custom" claim that I continuously saw thrown around, and my assumptions were correct.

I have an Archimedes, Mausingfield, Nucleus, Deadline2 and BadgerM2013 in the safe currently. Its feels very similar to the notoriously heavy Badger lift (which is still one of my fav rifles btw), the other customs are noticeably nicer in regard to bolt feel.

Reactions: JB.IC
I agree with this. I was expecting a nice "Sniper Rifle", not a racegun, and its what I got when I bought my AX. I was always doubtful of the "super light action, feels like a custom" claim that I continuously saw thrown around, and my assumptions were correct.

I have an Archimedes, Mausingfield, Nucleus, Deadline2 and BadgerM2013 in the safe currently. Its feels very similar to the notoriously heavy Badger lift (which is still one of my fav rifles btw), the other customs are noticeably nicer in regard to bolt feel.
This is going to sound like heresy, does the M2013 bolt fit in the AI action?

Beautiful day at the Quantico Shooting Club, sunny, in the low 80's, low humidity and winds at 3-5mph and gusting.

I took the AT-X in 6BR out to get some rounds out so I can finish breaking in and speeding up the barrel. I was also messing with trueing even though the barrel needed some more rounds.

7057B2F0-9CC5-4903-A625-AA3688EE206B_JPG-2408568.jpg

Air Force Village made it's return today and it just makes shooting much more enjoyable when you only have to worry about the bugs and ticks, versus the sun, bugs and ticks.

F52C7955-3422-4B57-AB36-899B76693219_JPG-2408569.jpg

We were shooting a 1,000yd day, but I set steel at 615yds out to 803yds, and my IPSC at 700 for some trueing.

1C4FE4A6-C0E9-4ED3-8CE1-2B3D74F07DB5_JPG-2408567.jpg

I had some adjusting to do as initial rounds out were low at 700yds. You can see good results in three areas, one where my wind call could have been better (right edge) another where I was just left, and suppressed that was center but just a tad low. I have 220rds out so I'll do a good cleaning and do a quick load development to get me up from the factory 2700fps to somewhere in the 2825fps.

IMG_2732-2408566.jpg

Oh, and my hand survived 100 bolt lifts today. Thought I may not make it, but I powered through...

Beautiful day at the Quantico Shooting Club, sunny, in the low 80's, low humidity and winds at 3-5mph and gusting.

I took the AT-X in 6BR out to get some rounds out so I can finish breaking in and speeding up the barrel. I was also messing with trueing even though the barrel needed some more rounds.

7057B2F0-9CC5-4903-A625-AA3688EE206B_JPG-2408568.jpg

Air Force Village made it's return today and it just makes shooting much more enjoyable when you only have to worry about the bugs and ticks, versus the sun, bugs and ticks.

F52C7955-3422-4B57-AB36-899B76693219_JPG-2408569.jpg

We were shooting a 1,000yd day, but I set steel at 615yds out to 803yds, and my IPSC at 700 for some trueing.

1C4FE4A6-C0E9-4ED3-8CE1-2B3D74F07DB5_JPG-2408567.jpg

I had some adjusting to do as initial rounds out were low at 700yds. You can see good results in three areas, one where my wind call could have been better (right edge) another where I was just left, and suppressed that was center but just a tad low. I have 220rds out so I'll do a good cleaning and do a quick load development to get me up from the factory 2700fps to somewhere in the 2825fps.

IMG_2732-2408566.jpg

Oh, and my hand survived 100 bolt lifts today. Thought I may not make it, but I powered through...
Air force village....I bout died.... Lol

Air force village....I bout died.... Lol
A couple years ago I was shooting in April and it was 97 degrees at QSC. I looked around and everyone was punishing themselves in the direct sun for 6+ hours. Heck, I'm an AF guy, so I went to Wally World and bought a 10x10 canopy and brought it out the next weekend. Oh the gnashing of teeth and snide comments that followed, along with the nickname from an Army bud of AF Village. I just smiled and said smarter, not harder and carried on. Take a guess what starting popping up on range days?

Reminded me of my first tour in the Pentagon (mid-80s) when you walked half a mile in from North Parking in the rain. Marines and Army would always hitch a ride under the AF umbrella. I asked the Army guy why they don't have umbrellas for garrison, "We won't do it until the Marines do it, and they never will." Anyways, AF village reminded me of that long ago story. ;)

A couple years ago I was shooting in April and it was 97 degrees at QSC. I looked around and everyone was punishing themselves in the direct sun for 6+ hours. Heck, I'm an AF guy, so I went to Wally World and bought a 10x10 canopy and brought it out the next weekend. Oh the gnashing of teeth and snide comments that followed, along with the nickname from an Army bud of AF Village. I just smiled and said smarter, not harder and carried on. Take a guess what starting popping up on range days?

Reminded me of my first tour in the Pentagon (mid-80s) when you walked half a mile in from North Parking in the rain. Marines and Army would always hitch a ride under the AF umbrella. I asked the Army guy why they don't have umbrellas for garrison, "We won't do it until the Marines do it, and they never will." Anyways, AF village reminded me of that long ago story. ;)

Sounds about right lol. It's def nice to have shade on the line in the summertime. I'm jealous of the grass.

Reactions: Defender3
Reactions: Huskydriver