• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Go Elite Jungle instead of Sniper Green - IMO :)
I ordered eight (8) swatches from Cerakote.

Jungle, Elite Moss, Sniper Green, MagPul Foliage Green, Milspec OD, Forest Green, AI Dark Earth, Cobalt Kinetics Green

I have it narrowed down to
34A49CD7-960E-465B-BAD8-2E37CBEAB24B.jpeg

E948D730-4C1C-407B-AD9B-2B2F2A690B32.jpeg

View attachment 7885510

I just got finished shooting Steel Safari. There was no grass. No shaded pillow forts to shoot from. No random acts of plinking. No mag feeding issues. No dead triggers.

....and no heavy bolt lift.

View attachment 7885514
I recognize that rifle - great meeting you. Sorry I never made it over to Del's or Pow Wows to grab some beers - I PTFO Saturday afternoon and was tired from lifting my heavy bolt.

What bore guides do you guys use that fits an ATX? I am aware AI sells some bore guides but they are never in stock and don’t seem to be used for 6.5 creed anyway. I’m not really gonna be the guy to unscrew barrel to clean it. I’ve taken barrel off and yes it’s easy but I’d prefer to use a bore guide. Seems PMA guides are not an option.

In preparation for the first live fire with my AT-X I decided to clean the barrel just to make sure there wasn't any debris etc in there from shipping and sitting around. I know AI test fires them, but also thought they cleaned them as well after the fact. When I ran some patches through, they were absolutely filthy. Anybody else notice this?

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
In preparation for the first live fire with my AT-X I decided to clean the barrel just to make sure there wasn't any debris etc in there from shipping and sitting around. I know AI test fires them, but also thought they cleaned them as well after the fact. When I ran some patches through, they were absolutely filthy. Anybody else notice this?
1654583586979.gif

So I just purchased an elite sand off Gunjoker last night. I've got a few goodies in my cart at Europtic, what are the essentials needed? Do I need a 20moa rail or is it included? Should be 5k dollar rig. I want a folder, cant find one. Prob gonna grab some internal and external weights for prs, need recommendations on a bag rider. Also going to install a zco420, sounds like I neee 1.5" rings/mount. Does someone make tbumb wheel screws to use instead the Allen heads for cheek/butt adjustment?

Reactions: deersniper
So I just purchased an elite sand off Gunjoker last night. I've got a few goodies in my cart at Europtic, what are the essentials needed? Do I need a 20moa rail or is it included? Should be 5k dollar rig. I want a folder, cant find one. Prob gonna grab some internal and external weights for prs, need recommendations on a bag rider. Also going to install a zco420, sounds like I neee 1.5" rings/mount. Does someone make tbumb wheel screws to use instead the Allen heads for cheek/butt adjustment?
Factory installed rail is 20MOA.
Hinge from Mile High or Eurooptic
Sphur mount from Mile High or Eurooptic

Factory installed rail is 20MOA.
Hinge from Mile High or Eurooptic
Sphur mount from Mile High or Eurooptic
Best bet for hinges and weights is to back order from one of the vendors. Also Saw Tooth makes external weights and might be in stock.

1.5" is a comfortable height for me and i wouldn't want lower. Bore and stock are nice and inline and the bolt can be removed without folding. I'd guess with a ZCO 420 1.35" would work without a bridge and maybe with a bridge if your concerned about scope height.

There was some talk of aftermarket thumb screws in this thread and I'm not sure if anyone testing them stuck with them. I'm sticking with the Allen screws because once the stock is setup once I don't need to change the adjustments since no one else uses the rifle other than me. If your shooting with family etc that might be a different for you.

After market thumbscrews I used did not hold up. Cheap chinesium from Amazon.

Reactions: TylerN
The last post is funny :).

I am running an ATX now, ran AT, AX SA and had an AXSR in the shop. Regarding bolts - don't get wrapped around the axle about it.

Some of my observations over the years...

1. 90 degree bolts seem to be lighter to lift than 60 degree bolts
2. For the most part they are all doing the same work over whatever distance (compressing a spring) so the shorter distance is more work (ie harder lift).
3. Many of the custom remington 700 actions are more optimized for competition shooters and are focused on smooth lift, smoother manipulation but come at the cost of function under some circumstances (maybe dirty conditions, ammo variablility - say hard primers, different trigger interactions etc).
4. Factory rifles are built and tested as a system, and its on the manufacturer to make sure things work to their use cases. Custom actions are not, and its on the gunsmith to make sure all the parts work togather to meet the shooter requirements.

My decision to shoot the ATX is based on wanting to know my rifle will always go bang, and if I have a slightly heavier, or less smooth bolt lift then that is a trade off I am willing to make to avoid safety problems and spare myself the work of making the combination of components always work well.

The ATX has a chassis that is very similar to most that custom actions are running, so that took away one of the large negatives for me running an AI. The bolt manipulation is not much of a concern for me, and isn't the reason I am not placing first at a match.

Finally - there is no best rifle. They all come with compromises, and different people have different use cases they want to achieve - so the choice you make is a balance against the benefits and compromises a manufacturer is making.

Y’all made the hinge install sound a lot more complicated that it is.

Don’t know why they sent 5 extra screws tho ?

View attachment 7886973View attachment 7886974
Well when the screws don’t come stripped from the factory I’d imagine it’s a pretty easy install lol. I will say though AI was quick to ship me screws…that were the incorrect size. Luckily my gunsmith had one that worked

• Wow
I have read probably 20 pages of this thread, does a guy have to run the ax/at-x mags in these rifles or can I use the few aw mags already in hand? They're 40$ more than the already expensive aw's. But they look like you can run an extension on them? Idk, I'm totally new to AI, my atx will be at my ffl on Monday.

I have read probably 20 pages of this thread, does a guy have to run the ax/at-x mags in these rifles or can I use the few aw mags already in hand? They're 40$ more than the already expensive aw's. But they look like you can run an extension on them? Idk, I'm totally new to AI, my atx will be at my ffl on Monday.
Have both, use both. It may just be my mind playing tricks on me, but the AW seems to be better.

Reactions: 4O6shootist
Fixed the issue with my ATX not folding with the 2 round holder in place...

I trimmed off one of the flush cups that was on the inside of the folder, that made enough clearance for the folder to close in place over the 2 round holder
#hacksaw-magic

IMG_2155.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2157.JPG
    IMG_2157.JPG
    348.2 KB · Views: 116
I agree with this. I was expecting a nice "Sniper Rifle", not a racegun, and its what I got when I bought my AX. I was always doubtful of the "super light action, feels like a custom" claim that I continuously saw thrown around, and my assumptions were correct.

I have an Archimedes, Mausingfield, Nucleus, Deadline2 and BadgerM2013 in the safe currently. Its feels very similar to the notoriously heavy Badger lift (which is still one of my fav rifles btw), the other customs are noticeably nicer in regard to bolt feel.

You know it's a heavy bolt lift when the Ultimatum Deadline is lighter :oops:

Just super quick and rough using a trigger gauge.

M2013 with TT Special - 8lb
AIAX - 6.8lb
Deadline2 LA with Rifle Basix - 5lb
R700/Archimedes with TT Specials- 4lb
Mausingfield with TT Diamond- 3.5lb

You must not have an original Ultimatum then. Those were ~24lbs of lift according to some people's measurements.

• Wow
Reactions: Secant
Just super quick and rough using a trigger gauge.

M2013 with TT Special - 8lb
AIAX - 6.8lb
Deadline2 LA with Rifle Basix - 5lb
R700/Archimedes with TT Specials- 4lb
Mausingfield with TT Diamond- 3.5lb
Thanks for that. I had a m2008 badger that was 9.5lbs using a Lyman digital gauge. Would be nice to get a ballpark for an Impact, Defiance and a Zeus to compare.

One more Red ATX just arrived but had a few dings on the action rail from the thread protector coming off in shipping. $4500 bucks delivered if anyone is looking!!

• Wow
Ive had 3 of the original U300s which Ive since sold, and a Deadline gen 1 as well - none have been close to that.
I have two customs built off original U300....no issues. The constant subject of bolt lift makes me shake my head.

Does win-tac cut bartlein blanks for these ai rifles? Or are they using a less costly option? Figured at the msrp of these, they'd be using a high end manufacturer.

Depends how much you suck. 1moa

But we’re in a forum, so 1/4moa all day everyday 😉
Just curious but why would people pay 5k for an AI ATX rifle that gets 1 moa? Is it because of the name? Easy barrel swaps?

What barrel do they come with? For 5k+ I would expect them to have top of the line ones.

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
Just curious but why would people pay 5k for an AI ATX rifle that gets 1 moa? Is it because of the name? Easy barrel swaps?

What barrel do they come with? For 5k+ I would expect them to have top of the line ones.
Bartlien

I’m not even a good shot
121DA834-B77D-4AFB-9459-D2B58381D8AD.jpeg
A24973C6-8EE0-47D2-92FC-1A418920143E.png

Hell look what a button rifled pva barrel is capable of

F0717A66-EAB6-4D68-8737-CD6E01274226.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mindekei