• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

I haven't read all the pages of this thread so my apologies if this is a repeat question....
But who is the genius that thought of selling the AT-X ONLY in 6.5 Creedmoor? The vast majority of shooters in PRS shoot a 6mm bullet and there's no factory 6mm options? So one must pay $5200 ish for a rifle then drop almost a Grand on a barrel if they don't want to shoot a 6.5 Cr?
I’d imagine other calibers will be released. Eventually. It’s AI

In the meantime. Cut the 6.5 down for hunting or sell for $500-650

Reactions: chrisj
Hadn’t checked in for a long while. Still shocked this thread got big and I haven’t come even close to reading them all. Need to take some actual glamor shots of the rifle but it’s got some new parts since I got it and just got my hinge last week. Been through (2) 6Creed barrels, almost done with a .308 Win barrel and halfway through my Proof Carbon 6 Creed barrel and she’s a well oiled, butter smooth machine. Biggest problem is keeping barrels lol
F12F24CF-583C-4A0F-8131-247081D28EFE.jpeg

Hadn’t checked in for a long while. Still shocked this thread got big and I haven’t come even close to reading them all. Need to take some actual glamor shots of the rifle but it’s got some new parts since I got it and just got my hinge last week. Been through (2) 6Creed barrels, almost done with a .308 Win barrel and halfway through my Proof Carbon 6 Creed barrel and she’s a well oiled, butter smooth machine. Biggest problem is keeping barrels lolView attachment 8032957
Who makes the shelf?

Had a buddy that’s pretty gangster with a 3D printer whip them up. He’s trying to get a solid template/prototype then I’m trying to convince him to sell them. This one is graphite, doesn’t weigh anything and stupid strong but really makes a difference on a bag
Nice looking rifle. I'll take a set or two of those baker wing clones! I just added the dependabilt lite weights to add some width to the forend, believe it added a pound but its perfectly centered weight so not a big deal.

I’d be in for some shelves too, especially if he made weighted options. I know at least a couple others that would be in too.

Had a buddy that’s pretty gangster with a 3D printer whip them up. He’s trying to get a solid template/prototype then I’m trying to convince him to sell them. This one is graphite, doesn’t weigh anything and stupid strong but really makes a difference on a bag
That’s exactly what I’m looking for, please make it happen.

Already tracking the lighter weight option from Sawtooth but there’s still a small weight penalty being metallic.

Hell I’ll print it myself, I’ll pay for just the model.

Reactions: just browsing
My AT-X has shipped. So now time to figure out what to do with it.

Do any of the 6mm BR, BRA, Dasher, GT feed better then another? See that AI has 6br barrels available and Milehigh has 6dasher and 6gt barrels. Or would it be best to just download the 6cm? Goal would be a light recoiling rifle for the kids to play with.

I understand that the 6br, bra and dasher would need a kit for the mags. Any kits better then the others?

I’d go 6gt

Do you have experience with it? Or why do you suggest the 6gt? I'm hoping for some first hand experience as it'll be gearing up to load a whole new cartridge, unless I stick to light loaded 6cm. So hoping to make the most of it and get something that's reliable enough for my kids to shoot and not have to mess with too much. I do have a bunch of AX mags. So I could theoretically go thru them to try and find a reliable couple if needed.

Do you have experience with it? Or why do you suggest the 6gt? I'm hoping for some first hand experience as it'll be gearing up to load a whole new cartridge, unless I stick to light loaded 6cm. So hoping to make the most of it and get something that's reliable enough for my kids to shoot and not have to mess with too much. I do have a bunch of AX mags. So I could theoretically go thru them to try and find a reliable couple if needed.
Nope. But it has factory ammo available and I hear it feeds good

For non western matches I guess br would be the way to go. If it feeds.

GT can definitely have feeding issues in AT-X. Mine is a 22 but it’s the same exact case and the bolt will absolutely skip over rounds if you load them all the way to the rear. They have to be moved forward in AX mags so the shoulder interfaces with the rib, but there are no spacers that currently work with the GT case. I’m also not the only one that’s experienced this issue.

AI basically says “it was not designed to work with GT cases” so they won’t guarantee that them modifying the mags will fix the issue. I did try moving the feed lips slightly but it didn’t do much to change anything for me. I also think shimming the mag latch would likely fix the issue altogether.

Personally I’d stick to Creed/X47 cases or BR/Dasher as the HRD kits are well-proven too.

I'd go with a straight 6BR with HRD spacers or the slow 6CM option based on your criteria. I shoot 6 Dasher and as long as I run the bolt home with moderate speed I don't get nosedives (I'm using HRD spacers.) Straight BR would be easier on barrels, Lapua brass is available, factory ammo, and off the shelf barrels.

I recall 6 GT AT-X shooters saying they need to position rounds in their mags in a special way lined up with a rib or something similar. I'd look into that more before diving into a 6 GT.

GT can definitely have feeding issues in AT-X. Mine is a 22 but it’s the same exact case and the bolt will absolutely skip over rounds if you load them all the way to the rear. They have to be moved forward in AX mags so the shoulder interfaces with the rib, but there are no spacers that currently work with the GT case. I’m also not the only one that’s experienced this issue.

AI basically says “it was not designed to work with GT cases” so they won’t guarantee that them modifying the mags will do anything. I did try moving the feed lips slightly but it didn’t do much to change anything for me. I also think shimming the mag latch would likely fix the issue altogether.

Personally I’d stick to Creed/X47 cases or BR/Dasher as the HRD kits are well-proven too.
@jbuck88 @just browsing

@jwood1284 has run 6XC in an AT/AX with unmodified mags for a couple years with no issues.

I had some older AX mags that had issues with 6.5CM, apparently the tolerances are different depending on when they were made. I eventually sent them back to AI for them to modify the feedlips, and they work flawlessly now.

But, as a quick fix i used my 6BR AX mags. I removed the back spacer on the HRD Gear 6mm Mag Kits and ran 6.5CM in my AX Mags with 6mm Mag kit. The follower forces the entire case to sit higher and specifically the nose of the round to be angled further upward. I had zero issues with this and ran the entire Arena Guardian match like this.

I suspect a GT, CM, x47, XC would feed "better" with the mag spacers. There are more or less all variations of the same thing.

@jbuck88 @just browsing

@jwood1284 has run 6XC in an AT/AX with unmodified mags for a couple years with no issues.

I had some older AX mags that had issues with 6.5CM, apparently the tolerances are different depending on when they were made. I eventually sent them back to AI for them to modify the feedlips, and they work flawlessly now.

But, as a quick fix i used my 6BR AX mags. I removed the back spacer on the HRD Gear 6mm Mag Kits and ran 6.5CM in my AX Mags with 6mm Mag kit. The follower forces the entire case to sit higher and specifically the nose of the round to be angled further upward. I had zero issues with this and ran the entire Arena Guardian match like this.

I suspect a GT, CM, x47, XC would feed "better" with the mag spacers. There are more or less all variations of the same thing.
100% agreed - moving the rounds forward in the magazine as a spacer would seems to mitigate the skip over issue… the problem is (at least as far as I’m aware) that there are no spacers or followers that work with GT/x47L/Creed length cases. They are all slightly too thick to allow the shoulder to fit “inside” the forward rib of the mag.

ETA: you’ll also run into seating depth issues with the longer cases, at least with heavy bullets.

Last edited:
22GT as mentioned above has to be slid forward to get it to feed reliably. Found that out the hard way and prior, kept me from shooting it for several months. I've had no hang ups with my dasher in one mag but the other mag has problems where the rounds will nose dive in the magazine. Mildly inconvenient but what can you do.

Prime 6 creed FTW

E9486170-933C-44AC-990F-992E7490225E.jpeg

Who needs low recoil or barrel life or easy impact spotting

You could thin out the rear block of the hrd kit and run 6gt with their follower.

Last edited:
Seems like a majority of factory ammo is hammering in the factory 6.5 barrels.

Berger, Hornady, and now the Norma Precision stuff have all reported excellent results.

Norma seems to be good stuff. Shot ridiculous from my XM3. For $1.28 a round to my door no less. Was damn near the same as me buying 200pcs of norma brass.

On the topic of the magazine. As i mentioned last weekend I’ve had some issues sliding over myself with my aw mag and my tempest in the atx. I have an AX mag to try now. But what is the function of the rib in the magwell? Cause i can see it hitting the case web and pushing my rounds into the mag cause less case head presentation.

Reactions: BurtG
Norma seems to be good stuff. Shot ridiculous from my XM3. For $1.28 a round to my door no less. Was damn near the same as me buying 200pcs of norma brass.

On the topic of the magazine. As i mentioned last weekend I’ve had some issues sliding over myself with my aw mag and my tempest in the atx. I have an AX mag to try now. But what is the function of the rib in the magwell? Cause i can see it hitting the case web and pushing my rounds into the mag cause less case head presentation.
Try removing it perhaps. It's for aics double stack single feed mags as thats what the atx 700 aics was designed for. I've been running arc mags with 6gt and 6bra throug arc archimedes and lpa fuzion in the atx700 chassis without a single misfeed. Also tested zero shift twice by removing the barreled action to adjust the bna trigger a couple times and my zero never shifted at all. I was impressed.

My AT-X has shipped. So now time to figure out what to do with it.

Do any of the 6mm BR, BRA, Dasher, GT feed better then another? See that AI has 6br barrels available and Milehigh has 6dasher and 6gt barrels. Or would it be best to just download the 6cm? Goal would be a light recoiling rifle for the kids to play with.

I understand that the 6br, bra and dasher would need a kit for the mags. Any kits better then the others?
I run 6BR in AW mags with HRD kits. Zero issues.

Try removing it perhaps. It's for aics double stack single feed mags as thats what the atx 700 aics was designed for. I've been running arc mags with 6gt and 6bra throug arc archimedes and lpa fuzion in the atx700 chassis without a single misfeed. Also tested zero shift twice by removing the barreled action to adjust the bna trigger a couple times and my zero never shifted at all. I was impressed.
I didn’t look at it closely enough it can be removed?

Some people just lack the intellect to get my humor and uncomfortable truths

Yup that’s perfect should fix my issue

specs
Rem700 .223 with some upgrades. Side bolt release, 8-40 base screws, blueprinted, one piece bolt, etc. I wanted the rem700 to use the AI scope rail so it would run continuous and match up to the rail on the bridge. 24” MTU barrel.

• Love
Reactions: 5RWill
Rem700 .223 with some upgrades. Side bolt release, 8-40 base screws, blueprinted, one piece bolt, etc. I wanted the rem700 to use the AI scope rail so it would run continuous and match up to the rail on the bridge. 24” MTU barrel.
Did you get to shoot today?

Did you get to shoot today?
Yeah, so far, so good. Just ran some ammo from another gun to get some rounds down the pipe. She feels good. With the 3 internal weights, she’s exactly 20lbs with glass.

Reactions: 5RWill