• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Mr. Bennett,
We regret to inform you that you are unable to compete and win any match with the inferior equipment you employ. Please refrain from doing so as this is a cease and desist letter,
Signed,
Bolt Lift United

Last edited:
:unsure: the V3 variant of the AT-X has been available for a long tine now. EuroOptic and MileHigh looks like the have 6.5cm in-stock in what ever color you want.

Ah I think you're right. I got confused by the product pages and titles being structured differently.

Can an you help me source the video of a Us AI team member doing a speed reload on a barricade wit the AT-X? Rifle was resting on a bag. Thanks

Can an you help me source the video of a Us AI team member doing a speed reload on a barricade wit the AT-X? Rifle was resting on a bag. Thanks
Believe it’s “Speedloads” with Tom Beckstrand and the release/review of the AT-X on YouTube…

Reactions: jp67
Had it laying around, fits the can I run on the gun.

If you ever decide to change it up, look into the Rearden brakes. The PRS brake would fit that rifle nicely, and stays with the Plan B thread pattern.

My wife's rifle has a cherry bomb, but I'll probably change it out for a Rearden SPB. I don't like that the cherry bomb doesn't have wrench flats in case it gets stuck, and it's not fun to shoot on a bolt gun unsuppressed.

PS - nice rifle! Love the paint job.

If you ever decide to change it up, look into the Rearden brakes. The PRS brake would fit that rifle nicely, and stays with the Plan B thread pattern.

My wife's rifle has a cherry bomb, but I'll probably change it out for a Rearden SPB. I don't like that the cherry bomb doesn't have wrench flats in case it gets stuck, and it's not fun to shoot on a bolt gun unsuppressed.

PS - nice rifle! Love the paint job.
Great…now you just cost me a few $$ worth of muzzle devices! Lol I would agree that the cherry bomb is a generally lack luster muzzle device. And speaking from experience, getting one stuck in a can is a huge pain in the ass. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Reactions: kthomas
Great…now you just cost me a few $$ worth of muzzle devices! Lol I would agree that the cherry bomb is a generally lack luster muzzle device. And speaking from expert, getting one stuck in a can is a huge pain in the ass. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome :cool:

The PRS brake will also protect that barrel shoulder better as well, it's designed for larger barrel contours.

Anyone put the MPA EVG Grip grip on one? Got pictures? I searched a bit and found the MDT grip on one but not the MPA.

Just heard that Euro is placing the first order for Tikka chassis this week. They were just waiting on the part number to be finalized. Shouldn’t be long now.
Hmmm...that may very well be the answer to a .223 trainer. My pockets are already starting to feel lighter.

AT-X newbie here so sorry in advance but I have some dumb questions.

Is there a way to make anything other than Keyslot work? I am looking for a countersunk flush cup, short picatinny rail, and 45° BUIS and have a short bridge to mount things on as needed. Real AI accessories are slim pickings up here.

How have 12 round conversions been working out? Someone affixed an Altus extension and someone else was trying MDT. Not sure if they expoxied or welded the baseplates on or stretched springs or what.

Any reason I couldn't or shouldn't use a medium height 20 MOA Spuhr mount for a gen 2 Razor on the 20 MOA base instead of medium Vortex Precision rings? It will put my zero in bottom 15% of available travel I think with 110 MOA available.

Is there a way to make anything other than Keyslot work? I am looking for a countersunk flush cup, short picatinny rail, and 45° BUIS and have a short bridge to mount things on as needed. Real AI accessories are slim pickings up here.

How have 12 round conversions been working out? Someone affixed an Altus extension and someone else was trying MDT. Not sure if they expoxied or welded the baseplates on or stretched springs or what.

Any reason I couldn't or shouldn't use a medium height 20 MOA Spuhr mount for a gen 2 Razor on the 20 MOA base instead of medium Vortex Precision rings? It will put my zero in bottom 15% of available travel I think with 110 MOA available.
Nope. Keyslot or nothing. I run a 12 round AW. You can epoxy the baseplate. Stretch the spring too. Make sure when you cut the bottom of the mag out you leave the little wing tabs.

Nope. Keyslot or nothing. I run a 12 round AW. You can epoxy the baseplate. Stretch the spring too. Make sure when you cut the bottom of the mag out you leave the little wing tabs.
That's unfortunate about Keyslot. Doesn't seem to be any aftermarket anything.

What baseplate did you use? MDT are easy to get here so I am hoping those work.

AI has what you’re looking for. I have to ask why you want 45 degree irons on a 15ish lb bolt gun

Keyslot sucks big dickus, but IA is the only ones who actually put rails(or available rails) on their actions that are coplanar with a rail on the bridge, even get the mofo in 20moa. Makes running clipons and shit way easier. Someone needs come out with a. Lightweight chassis that's designed for this purpose. My xlr element 4.0 with their nv bridge, had to chop the f outta it, run 1.5", rifns, barely have the bridge clear my 3b barrel, and run a low pro Pic rail on the bridge mount to get close to aligning. The carbon in the Pic below was pulled and sent back to Bart, but the 18" 3b 22cm is back on the bumblebee and gonna wreck song dogs this fall/winter.

Since the eotech CLIPLR is so tall I was really worried bout getting ranges on the mars-lc, but shit actually worked out in my favor for once, it's works great even with this big hunk of thermal shit out front.
20230904_164630.jpg

AI has what you’re looking for. I have to ask why you want 45 degree irons on a 15ish lb bolt gun
For when high magnification optics are too much but shooting from the hip won't cut it.

I can put a Holosun at 12:00 or 1:30 on my Spuhr but iron sights don't need batteries, can fold down to avoid being a snagging hazard, and don't get wet or snowy easily. Yes the rifle is heavy but still usable standing close in for a snap shot or mover I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Part Timer
Probably pretty useless (I did say I had some dumb questions) but when fox and coyote hunting I have had animals pop up from 5 to 50 meters when setting up stands, walking, snowmobiling, or moving around outbuildings on the farm sometimes when it's snowing and my scope caps are closed.

I can put a Holosun at 12:00 or 1:30 on my Spuhr but iron sights don't need batteries, can fold down to avoid being a snagging hazard, and don't wet or snowy. Yes the rifle is heavy but still usable standing close in or at a moving target off the handlebars.
Shotgun, 3" BB or T shot. Will do the job inside 50y. All sets we run multi man, there's a gas gun, bolt gun, and a scatter gun. Necessity when they sneak in from behind I the daylight when you trying to be invisible and not moving.

Shotgun, 3" BB or T shot. Will do the job inside 50y. All sets we run multi man, there's a gas gun, bolt gun, and a scatter gun. Necessity when they sneak in from behind I the daylight when you trying to be invisible and not moving.
Yeah that's too many guns to carry. I bought this rifle because it's cool and now I am going to force it to be "practical" just like my last AI. My buddy put a set his Cadex and they don't really hurt anything.

I was able to source this adapter that lets you use the old AI hooks with the new system. Also pictured is my low profile hand stop/stop my bipod from sliding off and getting lost if it comes loose.

Frankly this Dickslot system can suck my, well I don't want to be too vulgar. It's my fault though. I just thought for sure someone had to be making aftermarket rails and other attachments.

Attachments

• 20230922_061733.jpg
    20230922_061733.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: D_Lamz and MaxVY
I was able to source this adapter that lets you use the old AI hooks with the new system. Also pictured is my low profile hand stop/stop my bipod from sliding off and getting lost if it comes loose.

Frankly this Dickslot system can suck my, well I don't want to be too vulgar. It's my fault though. I just thought for sure someone had to be making aftermarket rails and other attachments.

Anarchy Outdoors makes a nice qd sling mount, if you want to use a flush cup type attachment. Not that there's anything wrong with the old paracord and HK snap.

Anarchy Outdoors makes a nice qd sling mount, if you want to use a flush cup type attachment. Not that there's anything wrong with the old paracord and HK snap.
That's the unit I want I just need to find someone who ships here. The paracord was just to get me out of the house with a sling haha.

It's been covered to death but I would describe the bolt lift as stiff with the detent positions being quite noticeable. My AE is noticeably smoother after well over 100,000 cycles so I am sure it will break in.

I'm sure everyone knows what they look like at this point but here is mine. Waiting on a handguard wrap, stock hinge, Deluxe Ergo Grip, sling swivels, and magazines.

I thought the silver/gold Heathen 2 looked kind of gaudy. It looks like a deadbolt latch. 😅 Hopefully it works well.

Attachments

• 20230922_064932.jpg
    20230922_064932.jpg
    885.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20230920_212917.jpg
    20230920_212917.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 20230920_203401.jpg
    20230920_203401.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Last edited:
That's the unit I want I just need to find someone who ships here. The paracord was just to get me out of the house with a sling haha.

It's been covered to death but I would describe the bolt lift as stiff with the detent positions being quite noticeable. My AE is noticeably smoother after well over 100,000 cycles so I am sure it will break in.

I'm sure everyone knows what they look like at this point but here is mine. Waiting on a handguard wrap, stock hinge, Deluxe Ergo Grip, sling swivels, and magazines.

I thought the silver/gold Heathen 2 looked kind of gaudy. It looks like a deadbolt latch. 😅 Hopefully it works well.
Where are you located?

@Rodney65 I see that you have both generation 1 and generation 2 Heathen muzzle brakes mounted on your rifles. How do you rate the Gen2 Tunable Heathen muzzle brake compared to the previous / standard model ?

Noticed the half length bridge, do you prefer it to the full length and why?

@Rodney65 I see that you have both generation 1 and generation 2 Heathen muzzle brakes mounted on your rifles. How do you rate the Gen2 Tunable Heathen muzzle brake compared to the previous / standard model ?
Only taking it out once I found recoil mitigation to be perhaps slightly better than the old model, although I kept changing ammo types so it was hard to notice anything too subtle.

I didn't mess with the tuning weight as I had a lot going this first trip out.

Noticed the half length bridge, do you prefer it to the full length and why?
I bought it very lightly used and that's what it came with. With a Spuhr 6mrad 4601 I can't even use a sunshade without hitting it. I will never have a clip on due to cost and the limited legal utility of them here so the bridge is just for looks.

Reactions: Part Timer
Only taking it out once I found recoil mitigation to be perhaps slightly better than the old model, although I kept changing ammo types so it was hard to notice anything too subtle.

I didn't mess with the tuning weight as I had a lot going this first trip out.
Thank you, I will follow your feedback along the way :)

Sorry I probably wasn't more helpful. Insite is switching entirely to the newer style brake so they must think it's an improvement.
Certainly, especially since the first version is a very successful and appreciated one, so if they give it up, they can't risk coming up with a less effective product.
I have the old version and I am also interested in buying Gen.2, and for this reason I am interested in the opinions of those who have already mounted it on the gun

They are clearing out old models for the new interchangeable bolt face AT-X2.
More like their is a shortage of other accuracy international products so they are trying to get some sales on these also. I really don’t see the at-x selling as good as the sniper looking rifles. I just bought one from Europtic and the same price was given there and they are a dealer. Now mile high had everything at msrp yet. Mine was shooting half moa with factory hunting sellier and bellot I was using for barrel seasoning. I am really impressed. I did not want a bonded action and liked the straighter recoil impulse. Smooth action and a tac driver.

Reactions: BurtG and JayjayUK
Thats a smoking price on the AT-X. Does make one a little leary pulling the trigger on one then 4 months from now the latest iteration arrives and you’re thinking damn I should’ve waited. Personally wanted to see the AT-X with a shorter front rail.