• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Thats a smoking price on the AT-X. Does make one a little leary pulling the trigger on one then 4 months from now the latest iteration arrives and you’re thinking damn I should’ve waited. Personally wanted to see the AT-X with a shorter front rail.
Why. If running less than 18” barrel , just cut the toedend off.

Reactions: Mj30wilson900
My guess would be they are clearing out the Gen 1 and Gen2 series chassis…
Or someone put up a bogus add 🤭
Hmm. I didn’t look close. Your right. I see most in that ad have screw adjust cheek but at least one is finger adjust.

Whats the third Gen have ?

Hmm. I didn’t look close. Your right. I see most in that ad have screw adjust cheek but at least one is finger adjust.

Whats the third Gen have ?
Thumb screw is gen 3
Allen screw is gen 2
I just received my new at-x from Europtic for $750 off and the photo showed gen 2 Allen screws but when it showed up it was gen 3. Lucked out for sure. Elite sand was on sale.

Reactions: BurtG
Yes but being advertised seems different like something is coming down the pike

Or maybe the market is just that slow. I see AXSA selling for rock bottom prices in the for sale section.

9243047B-E0D6-4597-95EE-3486C8EF9B87.jpeg

Yes but being advertised seems different like something is coming down the pike

Or maybe the market is just that slow. I see AXSA selling for rock bottom prices in the for sale section.

View attachment 8234054
I think inflation is killing our economy and everything is more expensive and gun companies are feeling that. The ar craze slowed way down and ammo is going up like gas prices. We all shall see.

Two more dumb questions, sorry.

The AT-X manual doesn't mention anything about the trigger other than the obvious shoe reach. Are the trigger instructions I attached the most up to date and if not is there a place to find the instructions?

Also just curious, how bad would it be if a person spun on a barrel and didn't set the set lock screw or under tightened it? Would the groups open up a little or would the rifle explode? I couldn't find that in the manual either.

Attachments

• Accuracy International Competition Trigger Manual.png
    Accuracy International Competition Trigger Manual.png
    8.3 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Two more dumb questions, sorry.

The AT-X manual doesn't mention anything about the trigger other than the obvious shoe reach. Are the trigger instructions I attached the most up to date and if not is there a place to find the instructions?

Also just curious, how bad would it be if a person spun on a barrel and didn't set the set lock screw or under tightened it? Would the groups open up a little or would the rifle explode? I couldn't find that in the manual either.

The rifle won't explode. Plenty of people shoot rifles with hand tight barrels. I wouldn't recommend it for any type of field use where the barrel can start backing out. Hard to say what your individual rifle will do with the groups. Some people have reportedly found their rifle shoots better/worse with certain torque values on the clamp screw on AI.

Obviously the safe course of action is to always torque it to the recommended value every time.

The trigger instructions are correct. However, I'd highly......highly recommend you let someone very familiar with this trigger or triggers in general do the adjustments. The comp trigger has a ton of adjustability and with that comes the very easy possibility of rending it unusable until you get the settings figured out again.

The rifle won't explode. Plenty of people shoot rifles with hand tight barrels. I wouldn't recommend it for any type of field use where the barrel can start backing out. Hard to say what your individual rifle will do with the groups. Some people have reportedly found their rifle shoots better/worse with certain torque values on the clamp screw on AI.

Obviously the safe course of action is to always torque it to the recommended value every time.

The trigger instructions are correct. However, I'd highly......highly recommend you let someone very familiar with this trigger or triggers in general do the adjustments. The comp trigger has a ton of adjustability and with that comes the very easy possibility of rending it unusable until you get the settings figured out again.
Thank you very much for the reply. I wasn't sure if the allen key was meant for emergency barrel changes or if 49 inch pounds was critical. Also I could see myself getting distracted changing barrels and leaving it completely loose.

I wanted to play with overtravel and weight but if it's that fickle I will leave it as it is really quite good now. If I did adjust it I planned to video myself so I could hopefully undo whatever I did if necessary.

Thank you very much for the reply. I wasn't sure if the allen key was meant for emergency barrel changes or if 49 inch pounds was critical. Also I could see myself getting distracted changing barrels and leaving it completely loose.

I wanted to play with overtravel and weight but if it's that fickle I will leave it as it is really quite good now. If I did adjust it I planned to video myself so I could hopefully undo whatever I did if necessary.

Oh, I forgot about the Allen key. You can absolutely hand tighten (with Allen key) the barrel and be field effective. It may or may not shoot as good as it does torqued.

You should be g2g on the over travel. It's when you start messing with the combination of pull weight and the first stage travel that things can get difficult. It's a give/take on adjusting those and the sear engagements.

Reactions: Rodney65
Oh, I forgot about the Allen key. You can absolutely hand tighten (with Allen key) the barrel and be field effective. It may or may not shoot as good as it does torqued.

You should be g2g on the over travel. It's when you start messing with the combination of pull weight and the first stage travel that things can get difficult. It's a give/take on adjusting those and the sear engagements.
One more dumb question: I noticed my trigger blade and trigger blade rail I guess it is (?) have quite a bit of side to side movement/play. The bottom of the trigger blade probably moves 1/8" and feels loose. Is this normal?

Also it took quite a bit of force with a 2.5mm allen driver to loosen and then retighten the trigger blade.

Last edited:
One more dumb question: I noticed my trigger blade and trigger blade rail I guess it is (?) have quite a bit of side to side movement/play. The bottom of the trigger blade probably moves 1/8" and feels loose. Is this normal?

Also it took quite a bit of force with a 2.5mm allen driver to loosen and then retighten the trigger blade.

As long as the two bolts holding the trigger in place are tight, it's fine.

Most AI's have some side to side movement. You can actually use that to make sure you're pulling straight back to the rear and not pulling or pushing the rifle with trigger finger.

Put the pad of your finger on the trigger then move your finger back and forth. If there's room on both sides, you're good. If you notice you're pinned against one side or the other, you know you need to work on the press to the rear.

Reactions: Rodney65
As long as the two bolts holding the trigger in place are tight, it's fine.

Most AI's have some side to side movement. You can actually use that to make sure you're pulling straight back to the rear and not pulling or pushing the rifle with trigger finger.

Put the pad of your finger on the trigger then move your finger back and forth. If there's room on both sides, you're good. If you notice you're pinned against one side or the other, you know you need to work on the press to the rear.
Thanks again! The peace of mind that provides is much appreciated. Wanted to make sure my trigger assembly wasn't about to fall off or the sear about to open up.

With large glove hands I am liking the trigger blade almost all the way to the back. Not sure if that's because it actually fits better or because it's closer to my other rifles but the trigger press seems more intuitive now.

Thanks again! The peace of mind that provides is much appreciated. Wanted to make sure my trigger assembly wasn't about to fall off or the sear about to open up.

With large glove hands I am liking the trigger blade almost all the way to the back. Not sure if that's because it actually fits better or because it's closer to my other rifles but the trigger press seems more intuitive now.

Most normal stocks have too much distance from the grip to the trigger. Makes it hard to get a proper 90deg press without standing up on your fingertips. The AI plastic grips and KMW sentinel are pretty close to the same and are very good for getting a good trigger pull. Chassis that take AR style grips are usually pretty good as well.

Along with being able to slide the trigger shoe back. Most everyone would benefit from moving the trigger closer to the rear except those with very large/long hands/fingers.

New version with AXSR folder?

Hard to imagine anything significantly different given how new the AT-X is. My bet would be slow moving inventory.

Reactions: Dendro and BurtG
Great price for anyone wanting to jump into an AT-X.

Does make me wonder what is coming down the pipeline though, companies usually don't like just throwing money away..m

Reactions: matt33
Man I was literally going to purchase one on this deal but now you guys have me all in my head thinking there's a better version in the pipeline coming lol. I definitely like the idea of no little wangs on the chassis and a mag bolt head, but knowing AI and their track record I have little faith in either of those being a possibility haha.

Man I was literally going to purchase one on this deal but now you guys have me all in my head thinking there's a better version in the pipeline coming lol. I definitely like the idea of no little wangs on the chassis and a mag bolt head, but knowing AI and their track record I have little faith in either of those being a possibility haha.
I would go ahead and do it. I mean, it's not going to be any worse then a pre 14 AX or AE MKII. Those guys have to give those things away.

I would go ahead and do it. I mean, it's not going to be any worse then a pre 14 AX or AE MKII. Those guys have to give those things away.

I'm not sure what AI has up their sleeves, but the AT-X in it's current form is a great rifle.

Unless they are making a competition action that isn't clunky and heavy AF. That would be worth waiting for :love:

Reactions: Bacarrat and BurtG
My speculation, without having any inside information, would be fiscal year is about to end and they are trying to increase revenue before fiscal year end.

Seems like AI does this every September. Last year it was buy an AI get a $1k scope credit through EO. This year it just happens to be $1k off ATX.

Purely speculation on my part and observation over the years.

My speculation, without having any inside information, would be fiscal year is about to end and they are trying to increase revenue before fiscal year end.

Seems like AI does this every September. Last year it was buy an AI get a $1k scope credit through EO. This year it just happens to be $1k off ATX.

Purely speculation on my part and observation over the years.

You answered my question right when I was in the middle of typing it. I was about to ask if there has ever been a sale like this. Thanks for reading my mind!

Me too, I think
We stock AI Rifles at our shop. I asked if there was a new model coming out. I was told there was not a new model. I happen to believe the person I spoke with due to our years of doing business together.

I think it is a year end thing. It's a way to allow the 2 AI distributors to move some inventory they are sitting on.

Personally, I think it's about where the AT-X should be sitting at price wise given the 3 piece chassis design and it lacking the folding hinge as a standard option.

Straight off of the EO website, that's interesting!

rrqq7Fe.jpg

They don't show that when I look. Could be certain colors are discontinued.

IDK, it was in my cart. Elite Sand is discontinued, haven't heard that about FDE nor would I expect a color that popular to be. It's all very odd.

euro optic also had a gen 2 atx listing on their site in elite sand for a steep discount before this sale, which has been discontinued. I have not heard of the ATX being discontinued.

They're not discounted there, only through mile high and Europtic