• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Farkkk…..bloody hope not! Reckon be 2022 though here in Oz!
First deliveries to Delta will be August and all of their first production will be delivered by the end of September 2021. All first production to US distributors will also be September 2021.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I find this string has taken on an unfulfilling direction

giphy (2).gif

DDC06ED0-4D6C-47A5-BD67-0D91F4962BA9.jpeg

Picked up the PreProduction AT-X from our team AI Australia co-sponsor Delta Tactical yesterday. On loan for next weeks national PRS match.

We changed the red AT-X rear end out for the AXSR folder, simple changeover.

Swapped some parts off the AXSA, will be running my proof steel 6.5cm barrel only because there’s no time to run the factory barrel in and dope it out.

The chassis has a lot of great shapes and features, really looking forward to getting some rounds through it.

Is the AT-X worth the wait?
Is it better than a modified AT or AXSA?

Initial impressions, it appears to be exceptionally well thought out. It is absolutely a lot lower in the chassis than the others. The center of gravity is a lot more manageable, with this setup (unloaded, it is about 15mm forward of the barricade stop). With the NV bridge and weights it will be next level. Really looking forward to getting one. 👌🏼

Last edited:
@96C Judging by that Hornady sticker on that barrel, you don’t plan on hitting much targets, huh? 😉

I knew you wouldn’t be far away! 🤣

Shooting factory 140gr ELDM, 3rd in the National finale, its been shooting well for me.

I like the 140 ELDM, 212 ELDX and 230 A-Tip.

Time is my enemy, rarely get the opportunity to load 200+ rounds for a match.

Last edited:
@96C You see, Hornady and I are a lot alike. I stepped on a boom boom, their bullets go boom boom... 🤷‍♂️ LOL.
Have seen a few videos of them exploding just after leaving the muzzle, puff of dust.
I'm not pushing anything that hard, don't think it's ever happened with any of mine. The 6.5CM here are going about 2,800fps and the 230gr ATips are 2847fps in the 300PRC. Pretty conservative hand loader.

We have some major issues getting Bergers and a lot of other projectiles with any consistency down here, unless you want to buy $1,000,000 worth to sit on a stash, they're often impossible to get. What are you shooting in your ATX man?

View attachment 7663721

Picked up the PreProduction AT-X from our team AI Australia co-sponsor Delta Tactical yesterday. On loan for next weeks national PRS match.

We changed the red AT-X rear end out for the AXSR folder, simple changeover.

Swapped some parts off the AXSA, will be running my proof steel 6.5cm barrel only because there’s no time to run the factory barrel in and dope it out.

The chassis has a lot of great shapes and features, really looking forward to getting some rounds through it.

Is the AT-X worth the wait?
Is it better than a modified AT or AXSA?

Initial impressions, it appears to be exceptionally well thought out. It is absolutely a lot lower in the chassis than the others. The center of gravity is a lot more manageable, with this setup (unloaded, it is about 15mm forward of the barricade stop). With the NV bridge and weights it will be next level. Really looking forward to getting one. 👌🏼
Very impressive, hows the ergo grip?

Very impressive, hows the ergo grip?
They are probably the most suitable AR grip I think. Fairly bulky, fit the hand well (contoured, not just a vertical wall like a lot of other grips), grippy rubber, textured finish, finger grooves that aren't offensive.

Same as the AXSR.

Can easily swap the Ergo out, but it's an excellent grip option.

Reactions: M77 and Witty
Expecting my Red AT-X to ship from EO next week after talking to them on the phone this morning. 👊

Reactions: Peter Laurvick
I knew red would be first because I chose it in the first place.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International
I understand the emotion behind colors. Early DeWalt engineer. Yellow was shocking in the mid and late 90's. We sold A LOT of them.

I'm just an impatient mf'er.

Reactions: RMS6
953989A8-0C60-41D1-80E3-ECE72B719917.jpeg

I fully appreciate and respect that a lot of you have had more to do with AI than I have, for perhaps many years. This is my quick insight, having now spent a fraction of a minute on both of these great new rifles.

I do not own the AT-X, it is on loan for the week for a match, thank you Delta.

The AXSR and the AT-X have a fair bit in common. They really are the next generation in the AI rifle family.

Built in arca rails, barricade stops, AR grips, interchangeable back ends that follow similar lines, comp style triggers.

Main departures:
- 2 position safety on the AXSR is nice, big paddle, very accessible. 3 position on ATX.
- AXSR grip angle is different, to get a better angle on the standard ergo grip, intending for this type to remain, not so much to swap it out for a more vertical grip.
- More contoured, cut in action on AXSR, saves a chunk of weight.
- Fully adjustable AXSR stock, very basic but also practical ATX stock.
- Fixed stock bracket vs folder, quick change over.
- Lower bore line in ATX.
- Built in top rail on AXSR as opposed to removable AXMC top rail.
- Flip paddle adjusters on AXSR stock, Allen key bolts on ATX.

When the 223 and WSM faced bolt bodies arrive for the AT-X it will really bridge a large part of the market. It will really be an outstanding rifle.

I have about 200 rounds on the AXSR in 300WM and 300PRC now, with the 26” carbon barrel it is lighter than the short action AX. The shape is great, the AR grip and arca front end is very comfortable to carry and shoot off bags / tripods / packs. Even being really critical, it is difficult to find anything to be upset about.

The AT-X is quite heavy, it’s a nice weight that absolutely helps dampen recoil. You will definitely be able to tune and adjust this with barrel contours / lengths etc. It is a very mild mannered rifle. Having only fired 20 rounds so far, haven’t really got an opinion on its capabilities however it does sit very well and is, like all AI products - SOLID.

If you are on the market for your next quality precision rifle, you will really struggle to go wrong with either systems.

View attachment 7665149

I fully appreciate and respect that a lot of you have had more to do with AI than I have, for perhaps many years. This is my quick insight, having now spent a fraction of a minute on both of these great new rifles.

The AXSR and the AT-X have a fair bit in common. They really are the next generation in the AI rifle family.

Built in arca rails, barricade stops, AR grips, interchangeable back ends that follow similar lines, comp style triggers.

Main departures:
- 2 position safety on the AXSR is nice, big paddle, very accessible. 3 position on ATX.
- AXSR grip angle is different, to get a better angle on the standard ergo grip, intending for this type to remain, not so much to swap it out for a more vertical grip.

When the 223 and WSM faced bolt bodies arrive for the AT-X it will really bridge a large part of the market. It will really be an outstanding rifle.

I have about 200 rounds on the AXSR in 300WM and 300PRC now, with the 26” carbon barrel it is lighter than the short action AX. The shape is great, the AR grip and arca front end is very comfortable to carry and shoot off bags / tripods / packs. Even being really critical, it is difficult to find anything to be upset about.

The AT-X is quite heavy, it’s a nice weight that absolutely helps dampen recoil. You will definitely be able to tune and adjust this with barrel contours / lengths etc. It is a very mild mannered rifle. Having only fired 20 rounds so far, haven’t really got an opinion on its capabilities however it does sit very well and is, like all AI products - SOLID.

If you are on the market for your next quality precision rifle, you will really struggle to go wrong with either systems.
I'm likely to buy either the AXSR or ATX chassis... I prefer the aesthetics of the AXSR and it's folding quick adjust stock... However, it seems like the ATX has an advantage with the lower bore axis... Based on your experience with both rifles, how much of a difference does the lower bore axis make?

To me, it looks like the cheek rest, butt pad, trigger and grip all look like similar heights relative to the action. The main difference looks to be the area right infront of the magazine well. Could you compare and contrast your experience with the stocks/chassis's on these rifles. Thanks!

I'm with those 2 ^^. How did you get a black? But more importantly, how the hell did you get in front of me to get that color that I have on order??
I bought a in store Demo from Euro Optics, didn't know they were that new, until this post.

View attachment 7665149

Main departures:

Reading through, did not see the mention of bolts for .223, etc.

Is that a definite?

They posted a video with Mile High where they mention .223 Rem bolt face and 6.5 PRC stuff coming out eventually. But that’s probably years off at best. I know they have a prototype 6.5 PRC somewhere but that’s all I know. I’m really hoping for both with priority to a .223 for a trainer

Reactions: Sig Marine

They posted a video with Mile High where they mention .223 Rem bolt face and 6.5 PRC stuff coming out eventually. But that’s probably years off at best. I know they have a prototype 6.5 PRC somewhere but that’s all I know. I’m really hoping for both with priority to a .223 for a trainer

The design, development, pre-production and now the production phases of the AT-X have been carried out differently than AI rifles in the past. As a result the AT-X is entering production faster than any other AI rifle. By the end of 2021 there will be several hundred AT-X rifles delivered in the USA, UK, Australia and a few other countries.
Following on from the AT-X rifle in 6.5 Creedmore will be the AICS and that development activity will be completed by September. I still want to ship AICS in production before the end of this year.
As we finalize and freeze these designs it will be time to decide on the next developments in the AT-X family. When we make those decisions I will tell you what to expect in 2022.
There are many times in the past where various products from AI have been speculated about and statements have been made. There have been many times in the past when products took a long time to enter production or never entered production. Those days have gone. Once we say that we will introduce a new product it will happen in a timely fashion but nevertheless new development takes time. We have to review designs, make and test prototypes, make and test pre-production and then freeze the designs in order to enter production. By being selective with new developments we will ensure that these will be introduced into the market in a timely fashion.
The AT-X will soon start delivery and I look forward to hearing what you think of it.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I’m sure it’s already been covered in here but where/when are we able to start sourcing accessories?

A vast majority of us waiting on these are also likely waiting on the thumb shelf, NV bridge, and weight kits at a minimum. I’m positive they’ll be available through MHSA and EO, but wanting to make sure we have them/they are available once the rifles start shipping.

I’m sure it’s already been covered in here but where/when are we able to start sourcing accessories?

A vast majority of us waiting on these are also likely waiting on the thumb shelf, NV bridge, and weight kits at a minimum. I’m positive they’ll be available through MHSA and EO, but wanting to make sure we have them/they are available once the rifles start shipping.

Not a lot, but it's a start...

Reactions: just browsing