• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AT-X

Folks who bought the ATX might be a little upset, gen 2 is already defined and shipping this year ...

watch and weep .. i jumped in early .. should of learn my lessons by now any upgrade mechanism for early adapters ...

“We tried to keep the cost down to be competitive “
That’s a load of bollocks, competitive with who?
Let’s have some examples AI of who you were competing with at this price point?

Then see what the competitors rifle come with as standard.

One of my obsolete AT-X’s about to get a little touch up. Pre-Production at that 😱

65FF0CD8-7FB5-48B7-B59F-B67BB3F8C591.jpeg

Seekins HIT or any custom action with the best MDT has to offer seem to be reasonable. Not sure how they’re basically double the price of 99% of the other companies thriving in the markets

Seekins HIT or any custom action with the best MDT has to offer seem to be reasonable. Not sure how they’re basically double the price of 99% of the other companies thriving in the markets
Yep, any action, any barrel, any trigger and pretty much any stock out there would leave plenty left over for the machining

So that is why it’s typical AI BS,

It’s the take it or leave it mentally

Yep, any action, any barrel, any trigger and pretty much any stock out there would leave plenty left over for the machining

So that is why it’s typical AI BS,

It’s the take it or leave it mentally
I actually don’t know why there’s a price disparity but in my mind it doesn’t make much sense. But it doesn’t have to make sense to me since people are buying. Price rigidity.

Have you looked at the price of other high end factory rifles that compete with the AI? Sako M10, MRAD etc.
They are all considerably more expensive than building something yourself.

This topic has been over many times on the Hide so it doesn't need repeating here.
If you don't like the price of the AI then go buy something else, there are lots of options out there at all price points

AI are offering a pretty compelling package with the AT-X, if you were to buy an AT, competition trigger and a replacement chassis you'd be paying a lot more than $5000.
Doesn't mean that the AT-X is the best value for money on the market but it's the best value AI for competition use.

Reactions: generalzip
I'm going to go against the popular opinion here and recommend you just get the AT-X. Even after you buy the custom rifle you talk yourself into buying, you will still want the AI.

I'm sure you could sell the 6.5CM barrel fairly easily on the Buy-Sell-Trade Forum and get a prefit from PVA or Proof Research with the sale proceeds. I think the AT-X is going to use the same barrels as the AT and AX, so you shouldn't have a problem selling the factory barrel and buying a prefit. Might want to double check that, I could be wrong about it.

You are correct, information regarding accessories is non-existent at this point, but I'm sure it will be $$$$.

I would buy a NIB factory 6.5 AI barrel!

For competing with an action with a very heavy bolt lift like AI I’d think you’d want the gray ops plate and a heavy fill bag that won’t lean or compress as you raise the bolt. That and hold your barrel or scope bell.

Buying a plate for the AT-X is counter productive to what the rifle was design for. One of which, is to sit lower on a prop to stabilize quicker.
That’s why the AX got a lot of flak.
So rising it doesn’t make sense…

Buying a plate for the AT-X is counter productive to what the rifle was design for. One of which, is to sit lower on a prop to stabilize quicker.
That’s why the AX got a lot of flak.
So rising it doesn’t make sense…

This is true. I guess each person needs to
Pick their poison and decide what’s more important to them. Horizontal stability when cocking (with proper technique shouldn’t be a huge issue with these heavy rifles anyway) or height from bag to bore.

Depends a lot on the barricade as well. For shooting off rocks or stumps where you get a nice big flat bag I’d use the gamer plate. For more tricky barricades like pipes or fence posts I’d probably leave it off. Only way you’re gonna know is try both and see what works for you. I don’t even have the rifle in my hands yet so Jorge would know best. My experience is with impact actions and ACC, Foundation, MPA where I’ve never had to be concerned with a heavier bolt lift.

So stack some weights in front of the mag well instead?

I like my plate lol it really stabilizes things

I’ve done both on a chassis. The gamer plate def “grabs” the bag more that the chassis with weights which tends to slide the rifle straight back if free recoiling. A lot is going to depend on your style of shooting. How much shoulder you put into it, grabbing the scope vs barrel vs weight. What caliber you’re shooting. Overall weight and balance point of the rifle. You really just need to try it all and figure out what you like best. When testing different equipment and techniques I make sure to burn a mental image of where my crosshairs end up. Then I change technique or equipment and try around run and see what works better.

Anyone know the size/thread pitch of the screws in the current AT-X for the check rest/LOP?

Might be doing some user mod

@tomirwin is this something you can disclose?

You know, you seem a bit miffed with AI. Maybe you should just sit this thread out. I strongly recommend you do.

So stack some weights in front of the mag well instead?

I like my plate lol it really stabilizes things
I'd have some 1/2" X 1-1/2" X 3-1/8"(same size as the chassis weights) aluminum, delrin, micarta, spacers made up to increase the footprint exactly where you want it, with minimum weight added. Enough racket and AI will probably offer a factory option

Reactions: No_Call_Reengage
842DD5CE-03E1-445C-893A-A909A9236953.jpeg

You know, you seem a bit miffed with AI. Maybe you should just sit this thread out. I strongly recommend you do.
I just got my rifle delivered, and if you didn’t know it was an AI you would never put it at the price it’s at, for many reasons.

I know I won’t have a problem in selling it, which is what I intend to do.

I won’t comment any more, I’ll leave it for others to either be glad they got one or disappointed.

Attachments

• 38FC69F7-DF5D-4BD5-AFD0-A60B67CE9DA3.jpeg
    38FC69F7-DF5D-4BD5-AFD0-A60B67CE9DA3.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 257
  • C52A0271-8BF1-4A7C-9CEC-CEE32F017E4A.jpeg
    C52A0271-8BF1-4A7C-9CEC-CEE32F017E4A.jpeg
    376.4 KB · Views: 252
Folks who bought the ATX might be a little upset, gen 2 is already defined and shipping this year ...

watch and weep .. i jumped in early .. should of learn my lessons by now any upgrade mechanism for early adapters ...

Nope, no weeping here, Im not upset at all with my OG gen 1.....see post 2170 above!!

Reactions: Darkside-Six
I agree that the AI has a heavIER bolt lift than 2 lugs but damn... I have never even noticed the bolt lift at all while on a stage. After spending as much time behind one, I could never see myself switching to something else simply because of bolt lift weight. To me, bolt smoothness is much more important than weight and i havent found a bolt throw thats smoother than my AI. I never come off target and DEFINITELY have never lost the target sight picture on an AI. It seems a bit knit picky to put that much emphasis on bolt lift weight.

I agree that the AI has a heavIER bolt lift than 2 lugs but damn... I have never even noticed the bolt lift at all while on a stage. After spending as much time behind one, I could never see myself switching to something else simply because of bolt lift weight. To me, bolt smoothness is much more important than weight and i havent found a bolt throw thats smoother than my AI. I never come off target and DEFINITELY have never lost the target sight picture on an AI. It seems a bit knit picky to put that much emphasis on bolt lift weight.
AINA is not going to buy you a new microphone for your podcast.

Watch guys run something like an impact action or a bighorn. It’s quite literally effortless. It’s also smoother than any action I’ve felt, including broken in AIs. Tikka and AI are in another world on bolt lift. If the heavy bolt lift doesn’t bother you and your shooting style accounts for it, it can be pretty easily managed. That’s a topic for another thread however.

Just because YOU never come off target doesn’t mean others don’t. Some people
Shoot a 500 yard stage on 10-12x. Some on 18-20x. Some free recoil almost exclusively. Some give s lot more shoulder. All of these types of things factor into where the follow up lands you. Just because it works for you doesn’t mean it will for someone else. This is why you see the variety of actions out there in the PRS world. Don’t get me wrong a tikka and AI are nice actions and pretty smooth. But they will never compare to the one finger lift of an impact or bighorn. Those actions you don’t even think about running the bolt. But running the bolt overall is one of the smallest parts of making a successful stage run in my opinion.

My shooting partners both shoot impacts and both formerly shot TL3s. I know they're lighter. That's obvious. If I'm just cycling the bolt nonchalantly, yea, I can tell the difference. But on a stage and on a clock, I can't really tell the difference. Kinda like not feeling the recoil when shooting an animal but u definitely feel it while shooting a target. Idk.. it just doesn't show itself to me like it apparently does to others.

I just got my rifle delivered, and if you didn’t know it was an AI you would never put it at the price it’s at, for many reasons.

I know I won’t have a problem in selling it, which is what I intend to do.

I won’t comment any more, I’ll leave it for others to either be glad they got one or disappointed.
Bigvern, everyone’s listening…

@Bigvern was this your first AI?
One of the moderators recommended that I sit this thread out, so I am going to do that.
This will be my last comment now that I have the rifle in hand.

It’s my third AI, I have the AT and AX.

I’m disappointed in what you get for the money on the AT X, if it didn’t say AI on it I wouldn’t have believed it was an AI.

If I had seen the rifle I received, instead of the rifle that AI had shown on the advertising, ie, with a bag hook on the back rail, nicer grip etc, I would never have ordered it.

I don’t honestly believe that there is not a cheaper grip on the market today than the one that comes with the rifle, yes, it’s that bad, certainly not the contoured grip they show in the advertising and the rifles that all the YouTube videos show, it’s junk.

It feels cheap, lacks basic accessories that are not unreasonable to expect at the price, and based on the fact that they are on Gen 3 already, I have a feeling that AI know that.

This is a honest opinion, not a bitter rambling by someone who doesn’t have the rifle in hand and owns other high end rifles.

One of the moderators recommended that I sit this thread out, so I am going to do that.

I’m disappointed in what you get for the money on the AT X, if it didn’t say AI on it I wouldn’t have believed it was an AI.

If I had seen the rifle I received, instead of the rifle that AI had shown on the advertising, ie, with a bag hook on the back rail, nicer grip etc, I would never have ordered it.

I don’t honestly believe that there is not a cheaper grip on the market today than the one that comes with the rifle, yes, it’s that bad, certainly not the contoured grip they show in the advertising and the rifles that all the YouTube videos show, it’s junk.

It feels cheap, lacks basic accessories that are not unreasonable to expect at the price, and based on the fact that they are on Gen 3 already, I have a feeling that AI know that.

This is a honest opinion, not a bitter rambling by someone who doesn’t have the rifle in hand and owns other high end rifles.
An honest, gun in hand review gets a request from a moderator to sit out a thread? Umm…. ??? I loved my AX and I’m patiently waiting for my DE ATX, but we’re not all here just to be “yes men” to AI… are we?

An honest, gun in hand review gets a request from a moderator to sit out a thread? Umm…. ??? I loved my AX and I’m patiently waiting for my DE ATX, but we’re not all here just to be “yes men” to AI… are we?
You're going to be happy with the mouse fart recoil impulse with an obsolete model and lift with your legs to overcome the bolt lift.

Attachments

• wrongkiddoorigin.jpeg
    wrongkiddoorigin.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 35
As long as the action, barrel, and chassis are what the past AIs are about im ok with it. Grip who cares I’d replace it anyway most likely. As long as the chassis is solid and doesn’t have any resonance to them like another brands chassis I know does like a tuning fork without being bonded I’m ok with it. Things that sold me on this AI was the AX action with an arca chassis and An ok trigger finally in a rifle around the 4500-5k mark. Still excited to see mine.

As long as the action, barrel, and chassis are what the past AIs are about im ok with it. Grip who cares I’d replace it anyway most likely. As long as the chassis is solid and doesn’t have any resonance to them like another brands chassis I know does like a tuning fork without being bonded I’m ok with it. Things that sold me on this AI was the AX action with an arca chassis and An ok trigger finally in a rifle around the 4500-5k mark. Still excited to see mine.
Cadex introduced the Strike Pro similar to the AT-X in terms of chassis capabilities. I think the entire rifle is $5,100.00. I like how it’s full featured from the gate. Folding hing and tool-less adjustment. Nice grip.

BD6733DF-4AC3-4404-968C-9018D28EDDC9.jpeg

Good thing you can sell if for more than you bought it for.

I for one am a HUGE AI Fan! That being said I agree with some of what @Bigvern is saying.

The lack of features (folding stock, tool less adjustability we AI owners are accustomed to) and accessories is one area that turned me off. I like most others modify my rifles to best suit me and would likely change grip and other accessories that were left out so small issue there, but nonetheless I agree with folks bummed they don’t have factory included options as we have in the past.

My big issue is that AI isn’t bonding the action to the Chassis. I mean for years we’ve (ALL AI owners) touted how great the system is and it’s a direct correlation to the boding process of the action and chassis interface. I personally will never own a precision rifle that isn’t bonded/bedded to the chassis regardless of the action manufacturer and chassis/stock manufacturer.

I just can’t figure out why this process was dropped and because AI continues to tell us they’re trying to keep the price point at $4,995, I can’t help but think the bonding process and all aforementioned accessories and options continuing to be cost cutting measures?

I wonder if they charged $7000+ like the axsa and included the
Top rail, hinge, , bag rider quick adjustable butt screws , and a standard non comp trigger if everyone would still be hating ?

I think AI made the sacrifices on features they made solely to keep the cost down as they knew it would not be competitive in the market at a 7000 dollar price point when that much money buys you a full custom, exactly to your specs in the caliber, contour, and barrel length you want PLUS a great optic. That ~4K mark is where you need to be to compete with the full blown customs. To spend a bit more and have the “holy
AI” makes it pretty tempting for folks. Sure they would have sold some to the fan boys, but not in the number of sales and back orders we are seeing.

So to answer your question, yes I think people
Would be hating on the price at 7k. But I don’t think they would hate publicly because they wouldn’t be in the thread in the first place having been dissuaded by the price.

Reactions: ATC4USMC

@lowlight., mods really quiet people on snipershide like this? Is this a joke?

Cancel culture everywhere.

First of all, Bigvern was asked to sit this one out because he was making some pretty disparaging comments before he even had the rifle in question. It seemed fairly obvious he had an axe to grind with an industry supplier. A supplier that had taken the time (and patience) to answer community questions and concerns.

This is a technical forum, where users are encourage to have civil and reasoned dialogue (and debate) about things, not some bar room brawl where they can sling whatever shit they want at someone, thinking they can do so with impunity from the vendor or this site.

In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of vendors no longer have as much dialogue here as they used to. Mainly because of people who get butthurt about something, and then proceed to disparage a vendor, often times without even having the product in hand. This has happen more times than I can count. These people, and these comments diminish us all, and limit our ability to communicate (respectfully) with vendors to offer suggestions to improve products, as well as garner information about what is in the delivery pipe.

There is no cancel culture here. There is however, no tolerance for bashing vendors, as they reach out to the very community they are trying to support. If you have a gripe or a bitch, state it, professionally and respectfully. If you can't do that, then take it to PM. If you can't do that, then follow the old advice "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

People, you need to understand that you are shitting in the yard that we all play in, and when you do so, it affects us all. Tom (and others) have long supported getting information to and from this community, that benefit us all. Venting on a vendor, just because you disagree or are disappointed is just bad behavior. You become "THAT GUY", but worse, you paint the rest of us as the same ilk. This is not ARF.com This is not Longrangehunting.com. This is The Hide.

If you can't understand that, or abide by that, your stay here will be short. The Hide has served the community in supporting vendors and users alike, as well as calling out those that were flat out frauds (Tactical Rifles anyone?), so don't think this is some cancel culture crap that you can label on the Hide. It's common fucking sense behavior, that requires we all put on our big boy pants, and act accordingly. If you can't be civil, then so be it, the hammer will fall.

First of all, Bigvern was asked to sit this one out because he was making some pretty disparaging comments before he even had the rifle in question. It seemed fairly obvious he had an axe to grind with an industry supplier. A supplier that had taken the time (and patience) to answer community questions and concerns.

This is a technical forum, where users are encourage to have civil and reasoned dialogue (and debate) about things, not some bar room brawl where they can sling whatever shit they want at someone, thinking they can do so with impunity from the vendor or this site.

In case you haven't noticed, a LOT of vendors no longer have as much dialogue here as they used to. Mainly because of people who get butthurt about something, and then proceed to disparage a vendor, often times without even having the product in hand. This has happen more times than I can count. These people, and these comments diminish us all, and limit our ability to communicate (respectfully) with vendors to offer suggestions to improve products, as well as garner information about what is in the delivery pipe.

There is no cancel culture here. There is however, no tolerance for bashing vendors, as they reach out to the very community they are trying to support. If you have a gripe or a bitch, state it, professionally and respectfully. If you can't do that, then take it to PM. If you can't do that, then follow the old advice "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

People, you need to understand that you are shitting in the yard that we all play in, and when you do so, it affects us all. Tom (and others) have long supported getting information to and from this community, that benefit us all. Venting on a vendor, just because you disagree or are disappointed is just bad behavior. You become "THAT GUY", but worse, you paint the rest of us as the same ilk. This is not ARF.com This is not Longrangehunting.com. This is The Hide.

If you can't understand that, or abide by that, your stay here will be short. The Hide has served the community in supporting vendors and users alike, as well as calling out those that were flat out frauds (Tactical Rifles anyone?), so don't think this is some cancel culture crap that you can label on the Hide. It's common fucking sense behavior, that requires we all put on our big boy pants, and act accordingly. If you can't be civil, then so be it, the hammer will fall.

JMTCW
Axe to grind?
Yeah right, I have an axe to grind, so I’ll buy a companies latest offerings, sight unseen, and pay over $7000 Canadian for the privilege?

Give ya head a shake.

• Haha
Reactions: Criver600
Axe to grind?
Yeah right, I have an axe to grind, so I’ll buy a companies latest offerings, sight unseen, and pay over $7000 Canadian for the privilege?

Give ya head a shake.

You've said your piece once you got your rifle, and it was respectful and valid (from your stated position). Previous to that, I think we differ on what "respectful and valid" means. I'm not going to get in a pissing match with you over this. You may want to sell your AT-X and move on, since I think you have said what you wanted to say, and leave it at that.

Sooo back on track. Does anyone with an ATX also have a vision chassis? Would love to hear a comparison. Also does anyone know the epoxy AI uses should one decided to bond the ATX to the chassis?
@samb300 knows the exact epoxy. I believe he had kits made so when you debonded, you could rebond.

Sooo back on track. Does anyone with an ATX also have a vision chassis? Would love to hear a comparison. Also does anyone know the epoxy AI uses should one decided to bond the ATX to the chassis?
@generalzip there is not point to bonding the ATX action to the chassis as all the epoxy will squish out when the action screws are tightened. The action height of the AX an AT is set by washers and the void between the action and chassis is filled with epoxy.