• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

Re: Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

Reason for mag cutout on right or left is a customer option.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The .338s will be using 5rd CIP magazines, yes.

Right now I don't know the exact weights, which will of course vary depending on configuration (tube length, etc). </div></div>

what is the Max coal of the CIP mags?
thx

I want the AX AICS for my Howa but I'm afraid this will never happen.

Does AX mean anything or is it the greek hero fron the troyan war, Aiax?

Chili

Gotta know, how much more money than an AW?

We i realy like the looks, but its personal preference for many i guess.
any one said how much the AX AICS is gonna retail at?

wonder how long it will take before we see some on this side of the pond.

Pete

do you have to use an aics optics base w/ the remington 700 chasis system?

As far as I know its modular in that respect , you donot have to use their mounts or their long NV rail etc

If AI uses it's head and prices these in a reasonable fashion (verses pricing to exclude as many shooters as possible), the AX stock system will dominate the market. After all, this is one beautiful system.

AX_AICS_DE_LeftFrontAngle.jpg

But, if AI pulls a "Madoff" and prices these for the exclusive only, shooter's are going to invest a lot of their savings, only to end up with little to show for it, just like Bernie's friends.

Let's hope they are a vast improvement in ergos. If not, those things are too damn fugly.

Josh

Oh Great... I've been saving & selling my way to a new stock for my Rem 700. I've narrowed it down to either the new Rem RACS or the 2.0 AI stock. Now I've got ANOTHER one to choose from...

Im gonna pass on this stock... gonna stick to getting the 2.0 AICS

Handled a couple at Shot and although not the prettiest, it is definetaly comfortable and the look has grown on me

I'm pretty interested in the ax aics. Would probably sell my 1.5 to get it. Stacey, Have you guys decided on a price yet. Around 1.5 ? Or 2.0? Or more than the 2.0. Can't wait for some more details.

I hope they make a left hand version of the AX AICS stock. If they did i would be very tempted to buy it as long as the price i guess could be on par with the original AICS 2.0 stock.

Stacey,

Looking at photo's of the AI AX chassis for the R700 actions, It looks like you load the magazine from the right side of the rifle. That doesn't make much sense to me. To do that you need to lift up from your cheek weld and use your trigger hand to load up. Why not load from the left side? Just makes better sense.

Please say that this is going to change before it goes into production.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1505scouts</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stacey,

Looking at photo's of the AI AX chassis for the R700 actions, It looks like you load the magazine from the right side of the rifle. That doesn't make much sense to me. To do that you need to lift up from your cheek weld and use your trigger hand to load up. Why not load from the left side? Just makes better sense.

Please say that this is going to change before it goes into production.</div></div>

Those chassis photos happen to be of AX AICS that have the cutouts on the right side; if you look at the AX photo section you'll see the cutout on the left side. The rifles in those photos aren't finalized production guns, so bear that in mind regarding specific details. No worries!
smile.gif

IIRC when I spoke with Stacey at Sniperweek the cutout was still being discussed.

After playing with one I definitely like it better than the AICS. The ergo's are much improved.

IMHO AI's are already ugly. But who buys an AI for aesthetics? This think locked up tight and felt good.

If I could afford an AX, then I wouldn't be buying an AE MkII.

The magwell cut outs have been done now on both sides due to some request. At this time, the basic AX weapon system and AX chassis will be offered with magwell cut out on the left side for all RH models to the best of my knowledge. As stated before, we are still working on many options and finalizing this series for release.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The magwell cut outs have been done now on both sides due to some request. At this time, the basic AX weapon system and AX chassis will be offered with magwell cut out on the left side for all RH models to the best of my knowledge. As stated before, we are still working on many options and finalizing this series for release. </div></div>

Thank you for taking the time to keep us up to speed, any eta on the Savage Chassis that WILL be putting a hole in my gun fund? (please and thank you)

Will the new AX chassis be compatible (i.e. drop-in without modification) with the Stiller TAC 30 action?

Many thanks.

Jinta

Training Wheels: The Savage chassis is in work, and possibility for the 3rd qtr availability still, hoping and will update when more details are available.

Chiller: Yeap, they have been ordered with our distributors, we have them in several places (military) for obvious reasons first at this time.

Jinta: Yes and I copied this directly from their website:

"The Tactical line of actions are designed for tactical types of use. It can also be used for long range hunting. It is a stainless steel drop in replacement for the Remington 700 series actions that has a black oxide coating. The TAC30 will fit any stock for a short action, the TAC300 for a long."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Training Wheels: The Savage chassis is in work, and possibility for the 3rd qtr availability still, hoping and will update when more details are available.

Chiller: Yeap, they have been ordered with our distributors, we have them in several places (military) for obvious reasons first at this time.

Jinta: Yes and I copied this directly from their website:

"The Tactical line of actions are designed for tactical types of use. It can also be used for long range hunting. It is a stainless steel drop in replacement for the Remington 700 series actions that has a black oxide coating. The TAC30 will fit any stock for a short action, the TAC300 for a long." </div></div>

Stacey

Thank you. So now I have a plan for AX chassis + TAC 30 action + S&B combination for my next one.

sign me up. i want one...so badly. i would be willing to put my house up for sale and live in a cardboard box to have one. dont think the wife would agree though.

Was going to commit to an AICS 2.0, but I will wait to see the pricing on this stock. My guess is that the AX will be $900 more than an AICS because of the monopod, the rail, & the scope base. But what the hell do I know.
Does the AX to have a replaceable backstrap on the grip to accomodate different size hands? That would be another plus IMHO.
If I don't go with this stock I may buy a Manner's T5A instead. The T5a grip is like my favorite AR grip, the "SPR",
which has a built up area on the right under your index finger, which drops the tip of your pinky right where it should be.

Danke,

Jorge

Nice but I think I like the looks of the TAC MOD better as well as it's compatibility with AR grips and buttstocks. I'd be interested to hear additional specs on this though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stacey @ AINA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Training Wheels: The Savage chassis is in work, and possibility for the 3rd qtr availability still, hoping and will update when more details are available.</div></div>

Very nice (ala Borat), just enough time to get paid on some projects I have in the works. Will there be a Savage compatible AX or just the 1.5/2.0?

I won't say I like it or hate it till I see a price point. I think that is most important. We know it will be outstanding coming from AI but the price now has to match performance. I think that more than anything else will decide if it is a failure or a success. It has everything else as far as performance and options that most tactical and tacticool shooters enjoy, want, or need, now can AI succeed a offering it at a fair market price in this economy or not?

Its nice to have the option to "upgrade" to the AX from my AW. I'm not sure that I would, because I much prefer the look of my AW and am getting quite acquainted with the argonomics, but is always nice to have options.

Just got this in the UK....very exciting

We get the first AX .338 rifles in the next 2-3 weeks or so, they are all full spec:

27" plain threaded barrel with tac threaded muzzle brake Picatinny rail Folding stock Pistol Grip Butt spike QA gheekpiece QA Butt pad Quad forend Rail Bipod User manual
1 x magazine ( 10rd)

Price guide is around £ 5200 inc Vat, but we are awaiting firm price info from the factory.

dood, whats that in dollars?

£ 5200 inc Vat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got this in the UK....very exciting

We get the first AX .338 rifles in the next 2-3 weeks or so, they are all full spec:

27" plain threaded barrel with tac threaded muzzle brake Picatinny rail Folding stock Pistol Grip Butt spike QA gheekpiece QA Butt pad Quad forend Rail Bipod User manual
1 x magazine ( 10rd)

Price guide is around £ 5200 inc Vat, but we are awaiting firm price info from the factory. </div></div>
What is it in dollars

That is $8,272

Christian

Take off our British VAT tax at 17.5% and add whatever you have locally. Ex-tax I think that makes it approx $6,800 assuming no extras for shipping etc

I believe CIP (Commission Internationale Permanente pour l'Epreuve des Armes à Feu Portatives) is the European equivalent of SAAMI in the U.S relating to cartridge pressure standards.

One question- no AI spigot?

not sure

What's the latest ETA of the AI AX chassis for a R700 SA.

Do no tforget to add import duties, VAT and importer´s margin.

$10000 USD is probably a pretty close street price in the USA.

Curious, if I upgrade my AW to an AX, can I also upgrade it to a folder at the same time?