• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

Re: Accuracy International AX & AX AICS Photos

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More information will be posted as it's made available. Trust me, they're well worth the wait
smile.gif
</div></div>

How do you know? Have you demo'ed one... shot one?

Any ballpark estimate for AX chassis availability in the US?

I'm building a gun now and I'm wondring if I should wait or buy something else in the mean while.

Thinking about a build with AICS 2.0 but the AX looks intriguing. Anybody know when it would be available in Canada and how much?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JerkeeJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any ballpark estimate for AX chassis availability in the US?

I'm building a gun now and I'm wondring if I should wait or buy something else in the mean while. </div></div>
+1
i'm in the same boat...

That look amazing.

This is going to compete with Pete Lincoln's RCS chassis.

I guess it will come down to price...

Any idea on when these will be up for grabs on this side of the pond?

One thing that keeps me from acquiring another AICS or AX is that the recoil pocket needs to be enlarged for Badger-type recoil lugs. I would have to have the stock machined before I could make use of it. Will the AICX also need to be machined for the Badger recoil lug?

Does anybody know how the AX chassis will work with an action like the Surgeon 591 with the integrated picatinny rail? From the pictures it looks like the forend tube might be a problem. The pictures show a screw on rail that kind of overlaps the tube. Any insight?

Any intregal rail shouldn't be a problem unless it extends past the front of the receiver. I haven't seen anyone do that yet and probably never will. The AI base extends over the tube to get some extra length in the base which is needed for a short action.
I've shot the AX chassis a good bit and for a guy who thinks all this stuff is fugly I kinda like it. Makes up into a user friendly package. AX chassis VS a 2.0 It's a Ford VS Chevy thing.

any news on availability ?

Will they accept AW magazines now that Stiller and Defiance is making clones that will accept these?

I emailed SRT Supply about which mags will fit the AX AICS. It appears that the AW mags will probably work in the AX AICS, but they will have a definitive answer once the AX chassis show up.

Jonathan expects the new AX AICS to arrive in in a month or so.

This is Jonathan's reply:

The AW and AICS magazines are effectively interchangeable within the mag well; the limiting factor is the receiver itself. As far as the AX AICS, I’m not 100% positive on the exact magazine they’ll be using. The new AX rifles have added a small lip at the front of the magazine that allows them to lock up more securely into the mag well. Older AW magazines can be used with the AX, although they don’t lock up as tightly. The new AX magazines can’t be used in older rifles/chassis, because the lip protrudes too far and prevents them from being inserted properly.

I would suspect you should be able to use both AW and AICS magazines in the new AX AICS, but would be hesitant to say so definitively until they start shipping and I can give check it out personally. Hopefully we should start seeing them here within the next month or so.

Thanks!

Jonathan Mizner
SRT Supply

Prices on the AX AICS! The waiting was killing me, so I emailed SRT regarding pricing. Jonathan tells me the SA folding should be around $1300, LA about $40 extra.

Personally I find the AX better looking than the AW. I plan to build a 243 with one, probably with a Defiance or Def/Skunkworks action. I wanted to use the Precision Shooting Sports hunter action, but do not think it will fit.

-Steve

Any word on availability?

I see the SRT site is still saying Fall 2010. Just wondering if it was getting close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any word on availability?

I see the SRT site is still saying Fall 2010. Just wondering if it was getting close. </div></div>

The last I heard, AI was done with development and just starting to get production of the AX chassis online. That was about 3 weeks ago. I'd expect in the next month or two until the first batch to hit stateside. However, keep in mind the first batch is most likely already earmarked for certain people and agencies.

I'm sure once AI gets their machining equipment tooled up and production problems nixed that the availability will steadily go up on this one.

I've gotten the chance to fondle one of the demo AX rifles that Dave Tooley had at a demo table at the SESWAT competition back in June. They are most definitely worth the wait. Much for ergonomic for my large paws compared to the 2.0. I personally can't stand a thumb hold design.

PM'ed Stacey from AINA, and he states "The AX chassis is in finals and we are trying to get it to market soon, sorry for delays but things take time to work out some times. No worries and thanks for asking, have a good day."

I'm not too keen on the looks but the AICS isn't that pretty either. That said, I'm thrilled about the rails for BUIS. I'm probably a complete moron but even with a bolt gun I like the idea of having iron sights just in case.

The only thing i wish this system had was an AR style mag release. I realize engineering wise it may not be as simple but i find the positioning to be more convenient.

Trust me. I've been bugging SRT about getting a long action version. So much so, they will probably ignore me as a user. I keep on buying stuff to justify the emails. Hahaha.

I too think the AICS AX is ugly as sin. But it has every feature I want in a stock. I have a FTE on two different rifles I own. It is ugly too. But it works. I'll deal with the ugly to get what works.

Plus the KAC sights are spot on.

I like the look of it, and would love to take it for a ride.

I have an AW and really don't plan to upgrade but if I did, I don't like the fact that I would have to give up my parts when upgrading. If I paid for all those parts I should be able to keep them.

R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AX Series price list in the UK fyi. This includes tax and is the walk out the door price.

http://www.sportingservices.co.uk/AX_Rifle_UPL_Price_List_July%202010.pdf </div></div>

Sooooooo???? Should we expect a higher or lower price?

Will the Badger action work with the AX AICS?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the Badger action work with the AX AICS? </div></div>

I have a Badger being built at GAP right now, currently going into a AICS. The plan is if the AX is released before the rifle is complete, I will get it and send it to GAP to see if it can be made to work. I have my doubts looking at the pictures but I also never learned to doubt a machinist with a mill if you are willing to pay the right amount of money.

MTF when they are released.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the Badger action work with the AX AICS? </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> I have my doubts looking at the pictures</span>
</div></div>
This was my initial impression as well.

Is there any word if they will sell AE MKII's in this chassis as an option?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any word if they will sell AE MKII's in this chassis as an option? </div></div>I recall reading somewhere that AE's will not be getting the new chassis. The AX will be replacing the AW's, and the AE will be staying the same.

Now that is not to say that the info I had was correct, or that AI will not change their mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ADT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any word if they will sell AE MKII's in this chassis as an option?</div></div>

The AE and AX are separate and distinctive rifle platforms, and I don't think we'll be seeing any crossover or hybrids between them.

So if I want this chassis at a reasonable cost I'm just going to have to base it on a 700 patterned receiver.

Is the receiver rail something special that comes with the chassis and only for the 700 action in order to overlap the barrel handguard? And I'm guessing we'll need machining done on other rails in order to adjust their lengths properly?

Well, my M2008 beat the AX and is in a 2.0 for the time being.

Still looking to try one out.

I was asking because I figured since a lot of people don't like the thumbhole, that once you would decide to make a stock that is a pistol grip that maybe you would have had the brilliant idea to also offer it for the AE. Also if they are distinct rifle platforms then how come they practically used the same stock? Don't see what's the difference in also offering the pistol grip stock for the AE. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The AE and AX are separate and distinctive rifle platforms, and I don't think we'll be seeing any crossover or hybrids between them.
</div></div>

Hi ADT
Not an AX but good things may come your way soon.

The AE will remain as the Legacy AE traditional design. The AX and AX chassis will clearly separate the models with certain features obviously. There is no or planned for a "crossover" for the AE at this time to the AX design.

Phanuel: The AX AICS is offered clearly for the Remington model M700 both Short and Long action and clone receivers on their footprint. There are several other manufactures out there which offer actions which will drop into any of the AICS systems. To the receiver picatinny rail, that is still in for final decision. We can offer the rail which has been seen, the end user can modify their existing rail or one which they desire to install, or the transitional rear collar can be modified to allow many other rails. All good ideas and discussed to work a complete solution.

The "Legacy" systems (current AICS, AE MKI/MKII, AW and AWM series), compared to the AX systems, have a completely new designed center box and skins, so there is more to it currently, than just swapping over. Something which has been discussed and we will go from there. Hope this helps explain more clearly.

any word on how far out, pricing,and availibily for remington long action or surgeon XL action?

i am just trying to determine what may be faster, putting in an order through mcmillan and waiting on an A5 and then waiting around getting it bedded, or just dropping it into an AX chasis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bonneville</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi ADT
Not an AX but good things may come your way soon. </div></div> Do tell good sir

Is the AX AICS for sale yet?

Updates? Really looking forward to this chassis. I read somewhere that the AICS AX will be available by the end of this month and plan to wait on a list for about six months. Any truth to this? Need to get this action into something.....
grin.gif

when will the ax chassis be available for sale to the public?

would love to know.

The AX looks great, and i think its nice to have something new coming out from AI. But i think i still like the way the AW and AICS look a little better.
smile.gif
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6.5toLife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The AX looks great, and i think its nice to have something new coming out from AI. But i think i still like the way the AW and AICS look a little better.
smile.gif
smile.gif
</div></div>

you are not alone.

I debated looks when deciding which one to go with. But in the end, I pick functionality over looks any day. Went ahead and ordered an Infidel with the AX chassis through Underground Skunkworks. Can't wait.

We have been notified that our initial shipment of AX AICS chassis will be in late July. When we receive details of models and colors I will post details.
We are hoping to start shipping by the end of July.
Thank you
Randy

Been reading some threads and I'm kind of puzzled by the AX and the AX AICS in particular.

What does the AX platform bring to the non-MIL/LEO shooter that shoots mainly long range competitions? Is the front rail best used for adding night vision and laser targeting modules?

I'm thinking specifically of the AX AICS chassis.

Dang that scope is getting high off the bore. Is it Scout1505 that had to use higher rings when going from an AI AICS to the AX AICS? I guess the front rail doesn't allow as low of mounting of scopes as the AI version?

The AX is heavier also too isn't it?

The AX is definately looking really cool as is the Remington version, I'm just wondering if for the non-MIL/LEO shooter if the benefits outweigh the downsides.

I'm starting to think that as my NXS currently is only 2.5 mm off my barrel that this stock won't work for me as a AICS. I might have to stick with the older models