• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy international axsr twist

Perceptiv

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2021
Canada
Can anybody tell me the factory twist rate of the axsr barrels? I ask because they are interchangeable with the axmc, and I am from Canada so I have do deal with Ai directly in England, and I’m not a fan of their factory twist rates. I know that mile high and Ai North America does Ai barrels for the USA and they provide more ideal twist rates, but as mentioned we up here have to go through Ai directly in England, and as some of you are aware the twist rates aren’t exactly ideal.
Of course I can get smiths to spin up a barrel but we don’t have the cerakote matching colours and I would like to have an exact match so that’s why I’m wondering if anybody knows what the factory twist rates are for the new axsr (not the mile high ones) the ones from England . I can’t seem to find them on their website like I can the older ax/axmc models so I was wondering if anybody by any chance knows?

Look at euro optic or mile highs website.

Does anyone know what the 300 norma twist is? I'm seeing 1:10 on MH, 1:8 on Euro, and the manual says 1:9:5.

Reactions: gamewarden
You got it new? And from where? Do you know the trick to determine twist without knowing?
do you have a cleaning rod that spins? And a bore guide?
I got it from EO but they said that the description is probably incorrect. I do have a spinning cleaning rod and bore guide but don’t know the trick. Assume you mark the rod and measure the distance it takes to do a full rotation?

Can anybody tell me the factory twist rate of the axsr barrels? I ask because they are interchangeable with the axmc, and I am from Canada so I have do deal with Ai directly in England, and I’m not a fan of their factory twist rates. I know that mile high and Ai North America does Ai barrels for the USA and they provide more ideal twist rates, but as mentioned we up here have to go through Ai directly in England, and as some of you are aware the twist rates aren’t exactly ideal.
Of course I can get smiths to spin up a barrel but we don’t have the cerakote matching colours and I would like to have an exact match so that’s why I’m wondering if anybody knows what the factory twist rates are for the new axsr (not the mile high ones) the ones from England . I can’t seem to find them on their website like I can the older ax/axmc models so I was wondering if anybody by any chance knows?

I think twist rate trumps color match.

I got it from EO but they said that the description is probably incorrect. I do have a spinning cleaning rod and bore guide but don’t know the trick. Assume you mark the rod and measure the distance it takes to do a full rotation?
Correct, It’s 100% accurate. With bore guide in Put a patch on your rod like you were cleaning, then insert the rod and patch just to the point where you feel it contact the rifling where you know the rod will start spinning. Mark the cleaning rod where the back of the bore guid is, Put a piece of tape or mark your cleaning rod high up near the handle at the very top (12 o’clock position) push the rod through until you see the mark near the handle make 1 full rotation, then mark the cleaning rod again where the back entrance hole of the bore guide. Then measure the two marks you made on the rod at the bore guide e trance. That’s your twist rate

Reactions: Darkhorse1