• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Owners

Hostile Natured

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
Australia
I have been reading up on the Australian gun laws, in particular my state laws, and in my state it is LEAGAL to have a folding stock rifle however federal law says you can NOT bring them into the country.

So my question is this: if I bought a FIXED stock AI AX308 would it be possible to convert it to a FOLDING stock with the purchase of a part later on?

Is it possible to just take one part off and replace it with a AI stock hinge?

This is a serious question and it does require a serious answer.

Thanks.

Call AI and ask them, sorry you have such crummy gun laws

Yeah I might have to do that.

Our laws are ridicules, you can own a folding stock you just cant import one, and you can own a .338 lapua you just can't shoot it anywhere.

We also have to explain why we want to buy a centrefire rifle and why a rimfire wont do the job.

And if you want a semi auto, well you can just straight forget about that.

If the rifle you want even looks like an "assault rifle" well you cant have that either.

we can't even buy a paintball gun if it looks like a real rifle.

Its nice to know I fought twice for a country that wont even let me have the guns I want.

I might have move to the states.

Sorry rant over!

AFAIK there is no way to change to stock from fixed to folding.
I would ask on any of the Australian gun forums if anyone owns a folding AI, if so how did they do it.

Are there any AI dealers/importers? Or will you be using sporting services?