• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Anyone running an AT with the newer low profile rail, and a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 with NF 34mm Ultralite rings?

Which ring height did you use?

1995 AIAW
IMG_6731.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone running an AT with the newer low profile rail, and a Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 with NF 34mm Ultralite rings?

Which ring height did you use?

This might not be completely helpful however I have an AT with the OTM LOW 20 MOA RAIL, and have until just recently been using Leupold MK4 'HIGH' steel rings 1.1" approx tall with a NF BEAST that is the same OD as your ATACR. See the picture a few posts up, that's how it sat.

Reactions: PhilM
Looks like it's covered in MLOK.
I reckon they could still cut off most of the top picatinny rail if not all of it.
Looks like it MIGHT be allen key removable.

Looks like the bottom part is setup to lock into arca swiss tripod mounts.

This might not be completely helpful however I have an AT with the OTM LOW 20 MOA RAIL, and have until just recently been using Leupold MK4 'HIGH' steel rings 1.1" approx tall with a NF BEAST that is the same OD as your ATACR. See the picture a few posts up, that's how it sat.

Thanks!

Reactions: 96C
I'd be more inclined to buy one of these than the new trigger.

It's a potentially BIG market they've been missing out on... People like me, I've ordered an MPA chassis to make it more tripod friendly without adding rails on rails on rails, increasing the height hugely that won't work in small windows...

Honestly, surprised that no one has come to the table with AX parts to date?!

It's a potentially BIG market they've been missing out on... People like me, I've ordered an MPA chassis to make it more tripod friendly without adding rails on rails on rails, increasing the height hugely that won't work in small windows...

Honestly, surprised that no one has come to the table with AX parts to date?!

I agree with you on the height factor of the AX being a disadvantage. The RRS forend plate + tall scope rail + 1.5” scope mount means you can’t get the gun into windows and barricade ports that most other guns fit in with no issues.

A couple companies make the bolt-on Arca Swiss rail for underneath the forend, which does basically the same thing, it’s just not as nice of an integrated solution like that prototype is. The challenge with a new forend is ordering a custom tube extrusion for production parts. There’s no cheap way to do this in small quantities. IMO the design part is easy, it’s the manufacturing and cost that is difficult. It’ll be a tough sell if the cost of the forend is $300+ when a bolt on Arca rail is less than half the price. Although having universal MLok slots would be nice.

Reactions: deersniper
I haven't found the height to be an issue as of yet. We'll see if the new forend comes to fruition. The m-lok is the the appealing factor to me more than RRS compatibility. Though the RRS would be nice in certain situations. The cost, much like the trigger will be the hindering factor to me. If it's in that $300-400 price range it's probably not enough of an upgrade for me

Is anyone running a 4636 Spuhr an AT? I'm looking for pictures of how it sits with a scope with a 56mm objective

I added the RRS piece that replaces the short plastic "handguard" and has an integral ARCA rail on my 2013 AX.
It's at the balance point of my 24" barreled AX and works great with a tripod.

Does anyone know who makes a Saddle Blanket or Cheek Riser Pad for the Accuracy International AX50 ?? With the kick of this thing and my cheek up against the hard plastic Cheek Riser it really is unpleasant to shoot. I would really like to put a custom fitted pad on this thing to help with the Blast of the 50 BMG round. I found this one but it is not the same dimensions as the AX50 Cheek Riser. A little different.

https://www.milehighshooting.com/hoptic-usa-accuracy-international-ax-saddle-blanket-w-mhsa-logo/

Does anyone know who makes a Saddle Blanket or Cheek Riser Pad for the Accuracy International AX50 ?? With the kick of this thing and my cheek up against the hard plastic Cheek Riser it really is unpleasant to shoot. I would really like to put a custom fitted pad on this thing to help with the Blast of the 50 BMG round. I found this one but it is not the same dimensions as the AX50 Cheek Riser. A little different.

https://www.milehighshooting.com/hoptic-usa-accuracy-international-ax-saddle-blanket-w-mhsa-logo/
Email Hoptic USA or Wiebad and see if they'll make one for you. Maybe you can get a blank sheet from Hoptic and cut it yourself, or maybe you could send them a paper-outline of the shape you need and they'll make one for you. I'm sure the market for the AX50 is extremely small, so you may have to get creative.

Which is the better Pelican case for AI AXMC with Vortex 4.5-27 in Spuhr 4002 mount? Or, is there a better case than Pelican?

Which is the better Pelican case for AI AXMC with Vortex 4.5-27 in Spuhr 4002 mount? Or, is there a better case than Pelican?

I can’t answer the “better” part regarding cases but Mile High has Pelican cases with pre-cut foam for AI’s. I picked up one a few months ago for my right-hand fold AX. They come with cut outs for the bolt and a couple mags although the scope cut out is generic for a long’ish optic on typical high rings or unimount.

I can’t answer the “better” part regarding cases but Mile High has Pelican cases with pre-cut foam for AI’s. I picked up one a few months ago for my right-hand fold AX. They come with cut outs for the bolt and a couple mags although the scope cut out is generic for a long’ish optic on typical high rings or unimount.

Do you have a link? I wonder if they sell just the foam middle section...

Reactions: deersniper
I use a pelican 1750 with the 2010 rifle case from armageddon gear. Used to do the cutout foam method. But the soft bag in the hard case works well.

This. The pelican is a pain in the ass to use for anything but travel. When I travel, the soft case fits Inside perfectly.

Reactions: davidwiz
Mile High hooked me up with just the foam inside for my pelican. Its not an exact fit, but does its intended job very very well. I have shipped my rifle across the country x2 and wouldn't send it in anything else.

I have the Maverick 41 soft case and backpack for the AX, I wouldn't ship my AX in just the soft case. Im actually thinking of selling the set.

Reactions: mercracing
I just received a package from Euro Optic with some goodness. It's real guys, AI seems to have done a great job on the new trigger. Also, they now have additional magazines available in colors other than just the black and pale brown which is all that's been available until now.

I just received a package from Euro Optic with some goodness. It's real guys, AI seems to have done a great job on the new trigger. Also, they now have additional magazines available in colors other than just the black and pale brown which is all that's been available until now.

I would like to hear how easy the installation is.

Reactions: Dooby
How does it feel?

Like I wish I had one 6 years ago, lol. It's awesome right out of the box. It's breaking super crisp right around 1.25lbs just like they say they're set to. I doubt I'll mess with either pull weight but I'll probably adjust out the over travel to a minimum just because I prefer zero over travel.

It's certainly money well spent, especially for a comp gun.

Would you put it on a field rifle?

Absolutely. I was told by someone that had a major hand in making this trigger happen that it's every bit as reliable as the factory trigger on all but the absolute lower settings. That's just because of the lack of tension on everything for reset which makes it much more susceptible to debris blocking reset, and is the nature of the beat with any triggers when you get down into ounces.

For a field rifle I like a 1.5lbs trigger for the warmer months and 2.5-3lbs for cold weather. This trigger is supposed to go up to 3.5lbs which is plenty.

What I'll be doing however since it's easier to just swap a trigger than readjust everything is running this one for all but the cold months, and when it gets cold I'll swap in my factory trigger until the weather warms up again.

Like I wish I had one 6 years ago, lol. It's awesome right out of the box. It's breaking super crisp right around 1.25lbs just like they say they're set to. I doubt I'll mess with either pull weight but I'll probably adjust out the over travel to a minimum just because I prefer zero over travel.

It's certainly money well spent, especially for a comp gun.

That’s interesting. I just installed mine, and out of the box it was sub-8oz. Like ridiculously way too light, 6oz first stage and 2oz second stage. After about an hour of adjusting the two pull weight adjustment screws I have it close to 1.25#, but I thought they were supposed to be set to that from the get-go. More than anything I just want to be sure my trigger is ok since it clearly wasn’t where it was supposed to be. I’m pretty sure my gauge is ok, and I checked my TT Diamond with it (1#) and factory AI trigger (3#) to be sure and both were dead on. Also weighed a pound of bullets and got the correct reading on the gauge.

That being said, the trigger feels amazing. It’s pretty incredible how different it makes the gun feel to me, and I can’t wait to try some barricade practice. It has absolutely zero creep, even when it was set to below 1#.

Reactions: MarinePMI
Good news for those who may be interested in running the same trigger and shoe in a R700 pattern trainer, I emailed Tom Myers of X-treme Shooting asking if it was possible to order the R700 trigger with the AI style dovetail rail, or purchase the part and install into one of their R700 triggers. This is the email I got.

So we can run a 223 trainer in a AI chassis and get the same exact trigger shoe and feel as our AI's.

That’s interesting. I just installed mine, and out of the box it was sub-8oz. Like ridiculously way too light, 6oz first stage and 2oz second stage. After about an hour of adjusting the two pull weight adjustment screws I have it close to 1.25#, but I thought they were supposed to be set to that from the get-go. More than anything I just want to be sure my trigger is ok since it clearly wasn’t where it was supposed to be. I’m pretty sure my gauge is ok, and I checked my TT Diamond with it (1#) and factory AI trigger (3#) to be sure and both were dead on. Also weighed a pound of bullets and got the correct reading on the gauge.

That being said, the trigger feels amazing. It’s pretty incredible how different it makes the gun feel to me, and I can’t wait to try some barricade practice. It has absolutely zero creep, even when it was set to below 1#.

They sent you the gamer model LOL.

I'm sure your trigger is fine though.

Good news for those who may be interested in running the same trigger and shoe in a R700 pattern trainer, I emailed Tom Myers of X-treme Shooting asking if it was possible to order the R700 trigger with the AI style dovetail rail, or purchase the part and install into one of their R700 triggers. This is the email I got.

So we can run a 223 trainer in a AI chassis and get the same exact trigger shoe and feel as our AI's.

That's awesome, but ten bucks says it won't be available for a lefty and we'll be stuck with the few 2-stage triggers out there. I have a Tubb T7T, but it doesn't compare to the AI trigger. Lots of creep on the 2nd stage, not sure if that's common or if it can be re-tuned.

They sent you the gamer model LOL.

I'm sure your trigger is fine though.
It was...light...to say the least. I think on a single stage trigger 8oz could be ok for some users (not me - too light), but on a 2 stage trigger when it's that light there's no wall on the 2nd stage, so you'd just blow by it. So it ends up feeling terrible because the break is so vague.

Did you happen to note how much your 1st stage pull weight is? Mine is around 10oz, but can't really get it much higher than that. That was the other weird thing, the specs say it adjusts up to 2#, but when I had both 1st and 2nd stage weight screws maxed out I was only getting 1.5#.

That's awesome, but ten bucks says it won't be available for a lefty and we'll be stuck with the few 2-stage triggers out there. I have a Tubb T7T, but it doesn't compare to the AI trigger. Lots of creep on the 2nd stage, not sure if that's common or if it can be re-tuned.

If they make a LH trigger I bet it wouldn't be an issue getting one.

If they make a LH trigger I bet it wouldn't be an issue getting one.
They don't haha. I emailed Tom almost a year ago asking about LH models for R700 builds, and he said they don't offer one but that they'd be offering a bottom safety trigger soon. I don't even see that yet, so lefties may still be boned...

I'll shoot him another email and cross my fingers.

It was...light...to say the least. I think on a single stage trigger 8oz could be ok for some users (not me - too light), but on a 2 stage trigger when it's that light there's no wall on the 2nd stage, so you'd just blow by it. So it ends up feeling terrible because the break is so vague.

Did you happen to note how much your 1st stage pull weight is? Mine is around 10oz, but can't really get it much higher than that. That was the other weird thing, the specs say it adjusts up to 2#, but when I had both 1st and 2nd stage weight screws maxed out I was only getting 1.5#.

Total break was right at 1.25lbs. I'd say makeup was around 10oz or so. I ran it up just a little bit last night and also adjusted all of the overtravel out of it.

You didn’t happen to check it with a trigger pull gauge, did you? Still wondering if I’m the only one that had an 8oz pull weight out of the box.

Mine was super light out of the box too. I spun the 2nd stage screw in a full turn and backed the 1st stage out two turns. Got it at 13oz total right now with no over travel.

Awesome. Guess I know what trigger is going into my 223AI Nucleus / AX AICS build. I'll order a spare AI trigger shoe from Mile High!

Also may end up with 2 of the AI competition triggers for my AT and soon to have AX. Even though I like the factory AI triggers, I might need to test the competition triggers...

Last edited:
Mine was super light out of the box too. I spun the 2nd stage screw in a full turn and backed the 1st stage out two turns. Got it at 13oz total right now with no over travel.

Are you sure you backed the 1st stage screw out (CCW)? That would be reducing the pull weight. To get mine to 1.25# I had to go 3 turns CW on the 1st stage and 2 turns CW on the 2nd stage.

Reactions: tennturk

Or you can get one for your Badger M2013.

Are you sure you backed the 1st stage screw out (CCW)? That would be reducing the pull weight. To get mine to 1.25# I had to go 3 turns CW on the 1st stage and 2 turns CW on the 2nd stage.

Yea I definitely lightened the 1st stage. If you increase the 2nd it in turn adds weight to the 1st. Out of the package it felt like a 1oz Shilen benchrest trigger. Now it’s an airweight 1st stage, solid wall and very crisp break on the 2nd stage with zero over travel.

Reactions: samb300
Yea I definitely lightened the 1st stage. If you increase the 2nd it in turn adds weight to the 1st. Out of the package it felt like a 1oz Shilen benchrest trigger. Now it’s an airweight 1st stage, solid wall and very crisp break on the 2nd stage with zero over travel.

I'm reading all this like a crack addict waiting for my source to show up out back of the 7-11.

All these competition trigger posts sound like Obi-Wan telling me to feel the force.

I like a light 1st stage and a medium-light 2nd stage so your description has my Visa finger twitching. I mean, Mile High is a short drive from my doorstep, so it's like gravity, pulling on my trigger finger.

Being new to the AI world, the to-buy list is long.

I'm reading all this like a crack addict waiting for my source to show up out back of the 7-11.

All these competition trigger posts sound like Obi-Wan telling me to feel the force.

I like a light 1st stage and a medium-light 2nd stage so your description has my Visa finger twitching. I mean, Mile High is a short drive from my doorstep, so it's like gravity, pulling on my trigger finger.

Being new to the AI world, the to-buy list is long.

1532691976458.gif