• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

_MG_0169.jpg

If I am not using the bipod block on my AT for anything, is it possible to just take it out? Will it hurt structural integrity any?

Would love to trim some of the dead weight if possible.

If I am not using the bipod block on my AT for anything, is it possible to just take it out? Will it hurt structural integrity any?

Would love to trim some of the dead weight if possible.
Yes, it can be removed with no issues. However, you will lose the ability to have a front sling mount, since the QD cups screw into the bipod block.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yes, it can be removed with no issues. However, you will lose the ability to have a front sling mount, since the QD cups screw into the bipod block.
Good news. I might just have to engineer some sort of way to bolt on a fixed loop, can’t abide by the non-rotation limited cups to begin with. I’m using a magpul QD paraclip, but having trouble making it stay put without rotating.

Any other parts to consider to ensure repair capability for AI AXMC 300 Win Mag?
1 .Accuracy International AX .300 Win. Bolt Body 20013
2. Accuracy International AX replacement firing pin/safety assembly LA 338 Black 6429
3. AI AXMC Barrel
4. AI AXMC Magazines

AXMC .300 Win Mag, had a great day knocking down figure 11’s out to 800m

Attachments

• A7597929-9B05-444E-95D5-B4389E7E78C2.jpeg
    A7597929-9B05-444E-95D5-B4389E7E78C2.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: aam and Vargmat
Any other parts to consider to ensure repair capability for AI AXMC 300 Win Mag?
1 .Accuracy International AX .300 Win. Bolt Body 20013
2. Accuracy International AX replacement firing pin/safety assembly LA 338 Black 6429
3. AI AXMC Barrel
4. AI AXMC Magazines
I'd go for a complete bolt instead of #1 and #2.
Also, a set of replacement screws for the chassis/stock panels etc. would be nice and not break the bank.
Maybe some small parts as ejector/extractor and pins for the bolt body?
And do you want spares for the trigger? (Or get the Competition Trigger and use the original as a spare kit ;) )

Nice rifle! How do you like that Ase Utra BoreLock muzzle brake?
It is very loud, so I wear both earplugs and ear pros on top. This makes the blast bearable. It helps a lot with the recoil too, granted the rifle is heavy on its own but it's good to have something that takes it down a notch. I do prefer my suppressor though.

Nice rig! Don't you normally shoot an AT-MPA?

I do in PRS style comps, but I bought an AX out of the PX a few months ago and it seemed more fitting for a tactical style match...especially the right folding butt stock. It was extremely convenient to be able to fold the buttstock while the rifle is slung across the chest...especially when climbing caged ladders.

Reactions: samb300
Really nice set up!

How do you like the tripod? Worth the money or should I spend a little more and get a different one?
It is a really good field tripod. Not as tall, or as stable when fully extended as some of the higher priced options, but it handles this AX very well. I have seldom shot from it standing, mostly prone, or sitting where it is extremely stable. It is light and very quick to deploy/stow. The only negative I have found so far is the max height. I’m 6’1” and have to bend slightly to spot (binos) with it fully extended (incl center column) and tall bino adapter. It would be perfect for an angled spotter. However, I prefer to get on the binos sitting when I can so I don’t let it bother me. I thought I’d get good experience with it in the Guardian match, but the way it was set up our tripods were extra weight. My brother used his PVA comp on two stages, but I did not deploy mine at all. We ditched them both on the second day and did not miss them.

Reactions: az _desert
I'd go for a complete bolt instead of #1 and #2.
Also, a set of replacement screws for the chassis/stock panels etc. would be nice and not break the bank.
Maybe some small parts as ejector/extractor and pins for the bolt body?
And do you want spares for the trigger? (Or get the Competition Trigger and use the original as a spare kit ;) )

Where does one buy spare screws for AXMC? I might consider that. I've also got all the parts and would love to get some redundancy in case parts become really hard to come by down the road now that the AXSR is becoming the standard.

Where does one buy spare screws for AXMC? I might consider that. I've also got all the parts and would love to get some redundancy in case parts become really hard to come by down the road now that the AXSR is becoming the standard.

Mile High shooting Accessories

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Just crossed a big box off my gun bucket list. Got this AT a couple of days ago in 6.5CM. Waiting on the thumbhole skins, comp trigger and sawtooth rail and it will be finished. Got the hoptic mounted up last night. I can't wait to get this beauty out to the range!

PSX_20191128_165543.jpg

PSX_20191128_190851.jpg

Thanks! After a quick scan on their website I didn't see anything regarding spare screws. I assume this might be something I'd have to call to ask for?

Are you talking like the hang guard screws or what? I don't understand which screws you cant find at a local hardware store or fastenal

Well I love my @Robert Gradous Dasher barrel... I just finished fireforming 600 pieces of Lapua brass and I loaded up 31g and 32g of Varget over 107 SMKs and couldn't be happier. This is my first 6BR variant and it really is kind of an "easy button". These are five shot groups.

View attachment 7189572View attachment 7189573

Really impressive groups... did the Dasher feed without issue in the AIAX magazine? I was thinking about 6 Creed but the dasher has a strong following. Well done!

Reactions: 81sfo
Really impressive groups... did the Dasher feed without issue in the AIAX magazine? I was thinking about 6 Creed but the dasher has a strong following. Well done!

I’m using the HRD mag kits and I had a couple hick-ups with the 6BR rounds during fireforming, where the last round in the mag would nose dive down into the mag/follower from recoil. But zero issues with the Dasher so far.

Reactions: Trek
Finally put some rounds down range in the AO prototype chassis. Felt amazing. Shot prone and some short 200 yard positional. Night and day difference from the factory chassis. Not to mention, it was a virgin 6cm rock creek PVA barrel shooting shitty hornady black ammo. Proof that re-bonding the action wont degrade accuracy.
20191129_123337.jpg
20191129_123348.jpg
20191129_122012.jpg
20191129_122014.jpg

How is the repeatability when you change barrels? Can you unscrew the barrel, shoot a different barrel then put the original one back on and it is always the same poi or do you have to rezero each time ?

My DT is very consistent. Dead on with 16” 308. .5” high with 18” 223 and 2” low with 26” 6.5. And the zeros are always the same.

Obligatory pic:
9ECCAB36-32C1-4438-BAFF-91426DAF56F3.jpeg

I know my tripod is sweet.

How is the repeatability when you change barrels? Can you unscrew the barrel, shoot a different barrel then put the original one back on and it is always the same poi or do you have to rezero each time ?

I have been re-zeroing, but it has been the same every time. All 3 barrels are zero’ed to my 6.5CM barrel. I don’t reset the zero stop on my ATACR, just reset my turret to zero. Zero stop is set 1mil below zero.Windage I just dial and put the cap back on. The receiver set screw is torqued to 55in-lbs and a witness mark is on it, to ensure the same spot. I don’t have my data book in front of me, but off of memory;

.308 - 0.9D, 0.2L
6BR- 0.4D, 0.2R
6.5CM- 0, 0

Reactions: deersniper
Lmao. I hear you guys. It's a temp brake until my jet4 gets here. My other brakes have their homes on other barrels so I stole my rocket scientist brake off my .300wm that doesnt have a scope on it. I had finally been able to take some time and shoot that chassis and new barrel so I threw that one on.

Lmao. I hear you guys. It's a temp brake until my jet4 gets here. My other brakes have their homes on other barrels so I stole my rocket scientist brake off my .300wm that doesnt have a scope on it. I had finally been able to take some time and shoot that chassis and new barrel so I threw that one on.

It's cool you ain't gotta lie to kick it dude :) everyone knows you cant shoot positional if you ain't free recoiling with a massive brake...all the cool kids are doing it I'm told

• Haha
Reactions: BLKWLFK9
My new chassis increases felt recoil by 327%. Patent pending.

Need at least a Budly bench press of 275 lbs to order one or have 20 years of concrete work under your belt.

Joking aside it looks sick! Super jonesing for a thumbhole AT to add to the collection

• Haha
Reactions: plong and BLKWLFK9
Are you talking like the hang guard screws or what? I don't understand which screws you cant find at a local hardware store or fastenal

Honestly, the one screw I'd be most concerned about is the one that governs the barrel clamp. I tighten and loosen that one all the time when changing/removing barrels. I've actually never fully unscrewed it before so I'm not even sure what's inside!

Honestly, the one screw I'd be most concerned about is the one that governs the barrel clamp. I tighten and loosen that one all the time when changing/removing barrels. I've actually never fully unscrewed it before so I'm not even sure what's inside!
It’s a regular M5 socket cap screw with a washer, nothing special.