• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I have a question regarding the AIAT and quickloc, is it a clamp type system or is it similar to the ARC barloc?

I have a question regarding the AIAT and quickloc, is it a clamp type system or is it similar to the ARC barloc?

Clamp kinda. Barrel is retained by a hex screw on the right side of the receiver. Screw barrel on by hand, then tighten screw to 49 in/lbs, though some go higher.

Clamp kinda. Barrel is retained by a hex screw on the right side of the receiver. Screw barrel on by hand, then tighten screw to 49 in/lbs, though some go higher.
Right, I've been searching a bit for the info, I seen it used a 4 mil Allen but I'm still wondering what kind of retention this is. I'm jonesing for one lol.

I tighten the barrel with a strap wrench then do 65 lb on the screw. I think my ax is one with too much glue under the action/barrel clamp

758AE06E-FBF8-421C-8832-2B9B937A3B82.jpeg

Awesome, so it looks like it clamps on the threads?
Yes, it’s an integral part of the receiver, and the inside of the clamp is threaded. That means when the clamp is tightened is actually puts tension on the barrel tenon and holds it in place. Unlike all the other attempts at barrel retention by custom action makers.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
View attachment 7234962

I still need a permanent optic for the AT. Thinking of another DMRii with the illuminated G3 reticle this time (didn't warm up to the H59). I just switched over to the NF Uni-Mount from the Spuhr and like it so far.

Love the rifles , What led you to owning both an AT and an AX?

I own an AXMC (338 lm) with a .308 conversion kit , im constantly eyeing an AT as my next purchase but I'm struggling to justify getting one besides that I really want it.

What has drawn you to having both ?

Cool - whats it do noise wise ? Better or worse ? I am on very similar ranges if you take orders :)

It sounds odd compared to the uncovered brake as the noise is being directed forward. Definitely more friendly for fellow shooters. I'm sure I can knock up more.

Finally got my Sage Green(best color followed closely by sand) AXMC in 300WM/ 6mm CM with the NF 5-25 ATACR mounted. Crappy pic but will add better ones soon.

Trying to decide on weather to do an Arca Swiss dovetail to put on the bottom or change the whole handgaurd to the Victor Company one that basically turns the MC into an AXSR from what I can tell.

If you are running either tell me your thoughts. Sawtooth or HRD would save a bit over the new rail. Planning to run a CKYE pod on it if it helps.

View attachment 7237012
The balance point of the rife is just forward of the mag well. So if the primary intent of the ARCA rail is to tripod shoot, the RRS auxiliary plate will serve the purpose better and at a lower cost.

Reactions: deersniper
The balance point of the rife is just forward of the mag well. So if the primary intent of the ARCA rail is to tripod shoot, the RRS auxiliary plate will serve the purpose better and at a lower cost.

Seems like that's the case, thanks. I'll be putting a CKYE pod on it so having arca Swiss dovetail along the whole rail will be nice for PRS/NRL games. I'll probably the RRS plate on too, want to get a RRS tripod when funds allow.

Anyone need a kidney or a kid that eats way above his weight class?

Reactions: MCHOG
Some Ranges here don't like muzzle brakes, so instead of taking the brake on and off, I machined up a 'Blast Jacket' for the AI Tac brake.
View attachment 7236422

Works well...
View attachment 7236423

Some of us actually perfer to get some practice in with braked 50's going off in the next lane. If you can't shoot while being hit by muzzle blast then how can you if it was ever more than fk'n wind coming at you?

I'd appreciate it if someone could post of a picture of a Gradous AI barrel with the hex flats at the muzzle - TIA.

I did a quick test of the Tactacam Long Range Shooter package today and it worked well. I hope to not only captures long range impacts, but also where the reticle is when I break the shot so I can refine my technique as needed.

I installed it on the AI with the NF ATACR using the #7 collar and hanging the camera on the right side of the rifle. I moved to scope up two positions on the rail for eye relief then took it outside, targeted a house 115 yards away, then shot the video. I could not see the video as it was recorded as I didn't enable the WiFi so you can see the camera was canted. I may try the camera to the left side of the rifle and use the WiFi feature to level the camera to the scope.

The video is captured at 4K so I edited it down to 10 seconds. I was on the rear deck with no rear bag so it's shaky but I think you get the idea.

IMG_3387-1260474.jpg

IMG_3388-1260473.jpg

Strange question this but does anyone clean the triggers on their AIs and if so how? I've got about 1900 rounds through my AXMC now and haven't even thought about the trigger. I took the side skins off when I got the rifle to have a look but haven't removed them since?

Reactions: deersniper
Strange question this but does anyone clean the triggers on their AIs and if so how? I've got about 1900 rounds through my AXMC now and haven't even thought about the trigger. I took the side skins off when I got the rifle to have a look but haven't removed them since?
Yes, with the skins off the trigger pack comes out by removing the two 4mm screws.

You can flush it out with some lighter fluid. I've even run it under water to get loads of fine dust out of it, and lubed it lightly with KG trigger lube once dry.

Then put it back in with the two screws at 30 in-lbs torque.

I'd say it's only really necessary if you've shot in nasty conditions, or you're feeling more creep than usual. After one really windy/dusty match I had creep that I had never felt before, and cleaning it fixed it. I've also lubed the springs when they got a bit squeaky pulling the 1st stage.

Yes, with the skins off the trigger pack comes out by removing the two 4mm screws.

You can flush it out with some lighter fluid. I've even run it under water to get loads of fine dust out of it, and lubed it lightly with KG trigger lube once dry.

Then put it back in with the two screws at 30 in-lbs torque.

I'd say it's only really necessary if you've shot in nasty conditions, or you're feeling more creep than usual. After one really windy/dusty match I had creep that I had never felt before, and cleaning it fixed it. I've also lubed the springs when they got a bit squeaky pulling the 1st stage.

Thanks, I will give that a try as I had noticed a very slight creep between stage 1 and it breaking........

Thanks, I will give that a try as I had noticed a very slight creep between stage 1 and it breaking........
If you clean and lube it and still feel some creep, give Mile High a call. They will talk you through adjusting the sear screw to eliminate the creep. My AX trigger had creep right out the box, where my AT trigger did not. About 1/4 turn of the sear screw and the creep was removed.

I did a quick test of the Tactacam Long Range Shooter package today and it worked well. I hope to not only captures long range impacts, but also where the reticle is when I break the shot so I can refine my technique as needed.

I installed it on the AI with the NF ATACR using the #7 collar and hanging the camera on the right side of the rifle. I moved to scope up two positions on the rail for eye relief then took it outside, targeted a house 115 yards away, then shot the video. I could not see the video as it was recorded as I didn't enable the WiFi so you can see the camera was canted. I may try the camera to the left side of the rifle and use the WiFi feature to level the camera to the scope.

The video is captured at 4K so I edited it down to 10 seconds. I was on the rear deck with no rear bag so it's shaky but I think you get the idea.

IMG_3387-1260474.jpg

IMG_3388-1260473.jpg

Nice. How much did it cost and how easy is it to use. Can you easily transfer videos to your phone ?

IMG_3387-1260474.jpg

IMG_3388-1260473.jpg

Sweet setup!

Is this the one you bought?

looks like it comes with the camera and mount

Reactions: Dooby
Nice. How much did it cost and how easy is it to use. Can you easily transfer videos to your phone ?

I bought it on sale through Amazon at Christmas.

It's relatively easy to use, but you have to remember the modes. which are indicated by flashing and colored lights. They list the modes on the inside cap of the battery compartment, which of course, you can't see while operating the unit. ;)

As to transferring movies, IDK 'cause I haven't tried, but the thing supports live streaming to Facebook. The T/C connects to your phone using it's WiFI (rather than Bluetooth) and you can control function through the App, which supports playback on your phone.

Read the manual here:

Tactacam 5.0

Ok question for everyone.... I received a AI MK13 MOD 7 stock, although it says AX on the mag well, and the guy put my Remington PSS 308 into it. Now when I go to load the magazine, if the bolt isn’t open, I can’t seat the magazine. If I open the bolt, mag seats fine, but doesn’t seem to cycle properly, some of the rounds seem to get hung up. Is there a certain mag I need or is there another issue? Thanks in advance... btw, just to let you know, I’m a border line functioning idiot, so be gentle...

Attachments

• AF79D24F-8807-4291-8ACF-E836E0A2EBEE.jpeg
    AF79D24F-8807-4291-8ACF-E836E0A2EBEE.jpeg
    528.8 KB · Views: 73
Ok question for everyone.... I received a AI MK13 MOD 7 stock, although it says AX on the mag well, and the guy put my Remington PSS 308 into it. Now when I go to load the magazine, if the bolt isn’t open, I can’t seat the magazine. If I open the bolt, mag seats fine, but doesn’t seem to cycle properly, some of the rounds seem to get hung up. Is there a certain mag I need or is there another issue? Thanks in advance... btw, just to let you know, I’m a border line functioning idiot, so be gentle...

picture of magazine?

The Remington PSS, Police Sniper System, it is not a long action .308.
Do you have a part number for the magazine? I don’t see a part number on my magazine, other than 308

Attachments

• 047097DE-9CD9-49EE-82D9-CB1E1FC9B8A5.jpeg
    047097DE-9CD9-49EE-82D9-CB1E1FC9B8A5.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 51
  • EA02C4D3-7DE8-40C2-838C-1FE72AA942EC.jpeg
    EA02C4D3-7DE8-40C2-838C-1FE72AA942EC.jpeg
    651.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 9CCB57C5-9F89-4146-A312-DF02D245F520.jpeg
    9CCB57C5-9F89-4146-A312-DF02D245F520.jpeg
    560.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 4BE78CA7-1CB2-4BF1-A85D-2E2B89F0D392.jpeg
    4BE78CA7-1CB2-4BF1-A85D-2E2B89F0D392.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 53
mk13 is for long action. im not familiar with what a pss is, but is that a long action chambered in 308?
That’s what I thought as well as far as long action, that’s why I was curious when he said it would fit the .308, but he’s an armorer for the Marines and has worked with their snipers weapons at Quantico plus he’s built rifles so figured he know a heck of a lot more than me.... which he does regardless

So does anyone have a cerakote combination that will come somewhat close to the factory pale brown..?

So is that a short-action stuffed in that long-action AICS 2.0 (Mk13 Mod 7)? I mean how would it even mount? I think the hole spacing is like .9" different.

On my phone right now and I can’t seem to zoom in.

So is that a short-action stuffed in that long-action AICS 2.0 (Mk13 Mod 7)? Pretty sure that’s not going to work out if so.

On my phone right now and I can’t seem to zoom in.
That’s what I was told, the action and barrel are from my Remington PSS .308 that he said would fit, when my son brought it back to me and I tried to load the magazine, that’s when I noticed the issue. I’m actually questioning whether or not it is actually a MK13 Mod 7 as all the pictures I see of that chassis, they are all tan all the way through and as you can see, mine is not. Any advice on how an idiot, myself, would be able to tell? Thanks

Is there any way to be able to tell? Are there pictures I could take to give you a better idea? Thanks
It fits a short action receiver its enough for me to say it’s not a MK13 Mod7. It was a long action 300 win mag rifle. No way a you’d be able to get a 308 short action to bolt to it.

View attachment 7241686Looks like you just have the added tool less thumb screws for the cheek piece.
Thank you, so do you think if I get an AI AX AICS 7.62/.308 5rd. MAgazine 6852, it would fit and stop my issue where I can’t load the magazine when the bolt is closed? Thanks for all your help... looks like I’m going to have to have a discussion with someone over the misrepresentation.... Sorry about the bigger font, don’t know what happened

Can you send a pic of the bottom of the mag well ?
Thanks

Thank you, so do you think if I get an AI AX AICS 7.62/.308 5rd. MAgazine 6852, it would fit and stop my issue where I can’t load the magazine when the bolt is closed? Thanks for all your help... looks like I’m going to have to have a discussion with someone over the misrepresentation.... Sorry about the bigger font, don’t know what happened
Are the magazines you posted 5 rounders as well and do they all do it? Wondering if the mag catch has been shortened for whatever reason or the feed lips have been bent/tuned and they just aren’t jiving with what you got. Hard to tell without being able to handle and see it. I’d say take it it someone else that is well enough versed in this stuff because I don’t think your guy is it.

Last edited: