• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Well here is the final product. I either got to get a stubby 308 barrel or get this thing chopped and threaded.

How does it look? And any thoughts on chop/thread versus a new Proof pre-fit?

Also wanted to know about attaching my sling to this behemoth; it looks like it has attachments built in? Or what do I need to put my sling on (Armageddon gear sling).

Attachments

• 3DADA07F-F8EA-4417-8CCA-B10604D2EAA1.jpeg
    3DADA07F-F8EA-4417-8CCA-B10604D2EAA1.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 547A07F2-9697-4EAE-9E67-4661CC0754D7.jpeg
    547A07F2-9697-4EAE-9E67-4661CC0754D7.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 332
  • 318882CD-5A1C-413B-BA4C-7F51848BC50D.jpeg
    318882CD-5A1C-413B-BA4C-7F51848BC50D.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 7AC82F5F-735D-483B-AA32-051FE89AD3E0.jpeg
    7AC82F5F-735D-483B-AA32-051FE89AD3E0.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 344
Well here is the final product. I either got to get a stubby 308 barrel or get this thing chopped and threaded.

I think you either need a change of color palette or more sponging. Or both.

Right now it’s got a “dirty smoker” vibe, somehow.

My 2¢

Yeah, less, more, something. Right now it’s in that in-between stage.

Sort of like when you are attempting to match paint on a wall. You either need to be exactly on or go totally different. Half-measures look…like mistakes.
That’s why you need the coors light. Get the inhibitions loosened out.

Take the 3-5 colors of krylon and bukakke that stick

Also wanted to know about attaching my sling to this behemoth; it looks like it has attachments built in? Or what do I need to put my sling on (Armageddon gear sling).

OrganicHonoredEgret-max-1mb.gif

As far as a sling you just need QD swivels.
Personally I prefer Magpul QDM's

Students copy the masters when learning to paint. Literally copy. You learn a lot that way, about yourself, about how that Renaissance fucker painted that goddamn cloud.

So go find a stock paint job you like, and try to copy it.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBigCountry
For those of you running 6BR variants, are you running magazine kits or will they feed fine in the standard double stack AX mag?

I think you have a couple options. You can run a 5rd AICS mag (you may have to tweak it a bit, like shaving the bolt catch on the magazine a bit so it rides a little lower and the feedlips don't rub on the bolt ...as well as possibly tweaking the feedlips to one side or the other so the round approaches the feed ramp more like from an aw mag rather than straight down the center) or you can can modify a 10 Rd AW/AX mag. With the AW/AX mag I think you could drill it and install a pin (though finding the exact spot where it limits to 5 but doesn't interfere with the spring might be tricky). Alternatively, a block that you install in the bottom of the mag before you insert the follower/spring might work. It would be a little trickier than an AR mag round limiter that you can typically remove the baseplate and insert up through the coil spring. Instead you'd need to have a hollow block that the leaf spring could ride through the middle of. In addition, you can't install it through the welded baseplate, so to get it by the feedlips, it might have to be in 2 halves. I don't think anyone makes one, but someone good at designing things and with a 3D printer like pfl338 might be able to help you out.
Personally I might try the 5rd AICS mag route first.

I'll dip a toe in the water, always had an AI that shot, but did have one factory barrel that would never speed up. 26" 260R barrel that was always slower than my 24" Proof carbon fiber barrel. Tried differing ammo, suppressed, etc., but it just never attained velocity. Round in the 24" was 2850fps, same round in the 26" was 2825fps, 2890 in the 24 and only 2860 in the 26". Shot about 200rds with no changes; finally took it off and parked it.

Has anyone recreated or purchased a deployment ECS Composites ASR load out case for the ASXR? Pics for inspo would be greatly appreciated. My pelican 1750 looks wimpy compared the deployment kit 🥲

Has anyone recreated or purchased a deployment ECS Composites ASR load out case for the ASXR? Pics for inspo would be greatly appreciated. My pelican 1750 looks wimpy compared the deployment kit 🥲

View attachment 7878844

Still waiting on my TBAC 338 Ultra SR, Dominus SR-K, and .308 Bolt; right now, however, mounted is the 6.5 PRC with Ultra 7, then from top to bottom in the case, 18.5" .308, 24" 6.5 CM, and the 27" 300 NM.

I used mycasebuilder.com to do this case, using the SKB 3I-5616-9. It should be searchable in their database for public shapes, but if not you can email them and ask for File ID 313127.

Just be mindful that this case weighs over 70lbs fully loaded; motivation to stay in shape.

Reactions: SpeedDrop
For those who clean their barrels when OFF the action, what do you use as a bore guide to protect the lead/ throat? TIA

Reactions: BurtG
For those who clean their barrels when OFF the action, what do you use as a bore guide to protect the lead/ throat? TIA
Nothing, I just try not be too rough. A coated cleaning rod can't really be too hard on a barrel that has copper bullets larger than the rifling blasted down it by nearly 60k psi.

Now if there was an off barrel bore guide available I'd use one because why not. But since one doesn't exist I don't worry about it much.