• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Unless you are in true need to have a small firing pin hole, I wouldn't mess with it. You have to remember that if you go the LRI route, you will be forever stuck with how LRI does it. It's not going to be compatible with how any of the other smith does their small firing pin setup. To me, the squeeze is not worth the juice.

Yep, that's why once you have it bushed somewhere you are locked into that smith for your future bolts. I had LRI bush the .300WM bolt my AXMC came with along with a spare firing pin, and about a year ago I got really lucky and snagged a .308 bolt body that had already been bushed by LRI from the px for only $250... score! LRI does very consistent work and the already bushed 308 bolt I bought from the px works perfectly with the firing pin assembly they did for my 300wm bolt several years ago.

If you want to spend stupid dollars, AI offers all 3 AXMC bolts in small firing pin now, but that's $750 per bolt body. You can buy a spare firing pin from mile high and have LRI bush all 3 of your current large firing pin bolt bodies for less than a single small firing pin bolt body from AI.

Your idea also occurred to me. I am LH so no Part is readily available from AI. I have had a LH 300WM bolt body on back order since last November. I can’t ever imagine a spare firing pin assembly becoming available.

Yep you will need to bush all your bolts or have a separate firing pin assembly... if you used a sfp in a lfp bolt body you would probably get massive primer flow and eventually it would probably tear up the tip of the fp especially if your loads are hot.

Tbh I like how LRI does the bushing but their are pros and cons to how each Smith does it... I eventually just got all factory sfp bolt bodies and fp but I get it that lefty situation is tough.

Reactions: Nik H
Yep you will need to bush all your bolts or have a separate firing pin assembly... if you used a sfp in a lfp bolt body you would probably get massive primer flow and eventually it would probably tear up the tip of the fp especially if your loads are hot.

Tbh I like how LRI does the bushing but their are pros and cons to how each Smith does it... I eventually just got all factory sfp bolt bodies and fp but I get it that lefty situation is tough.
I am a patient man so I am always on the lookout for spare parts

Reactions: Huskydriver
image000000.jpeg

1000016395.png

SMH. It always amazes me when a company refuses to address a profit potential that would need little to no investment from tooling already in place for a continued line of legacy options. Cannot tell if its hubris in pushing new product lines or lack of vision in being able to acquire easy profit in low lying fruit options that need no marketing. Wonder if it is a European thing as Hk is probably the biggest example of this phenomenon being so begrudgingly(?) late to the table with a reboot of their MP5 SA clones that sell well in the civilian market at 4-5 times their LEO/agency price. Guess that is one difference between firms and publicly traded companies.

View attachment 8243675
SMH. It always amazes me when a company refuses to address a profit potential that would need little to no investment from tooling already in place for a continued line of legacy options. Cannot tell if its hubris in pushing new product lines or lack of vision in being able to acquire easy profit in low lying fruit options that need no marketing. Wonder if it is a European thing as Hk is probably the biggest example of this phenomenon being so begrudgingly(?) late to the table with a reboot of their MP5 SA clones that sell well in the civilian market at 4-5 times their LEO/agency price. Guess that is one difference between firms and publicly traded companies.

It's almost never as easy as it sounds.

All those things require machines to make, people to run the machines, and people to assemble and ship those products.

Companies typically aren't just stamping their feet and not taking what seems like free money to anyone on the outside.

View attachment 8243675

Probably because they’d rather sell new Accuracy International rifles rather than chassis for Remington 700s….

IMG_8745.jpeg

View attachment 8243675

Remington 700s.... ew GTFO

My AT came with extra butt spacers and screws, pretty much the same ones on the rifle. But none of the screws are long enough to add either spacer. Are the longer screws missing? Thanks
IMG_6100.jpeg

It's almost never as easy as it sounds.

All those things require machines to make, people to run the machines, and people to assemble and ship those products.

Companies typically aren't just stamping their feet and not taking what seems like free money to anyone on the outside.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but AI come across as a forward looking company run by engineers that doesn't seem to really care as much about nostalgia and tradition but would rather make rifles with more usability advancements to meet military contracts.

I think the only concession to their past right now are the AT rifles with thumb-hole skins, but I have a feeling they want to advance beyond that as well.

Reactions: Brym427
Correct me if I'm wrong, but AI come across as a forward looking company run by engineers that doesn't seem to really care as much about nostalgia and tradition but would rather make rifles with more usability advancements to meet military contracts.

I think the only concession to their past right now are the AT rifles with thumb-hole skins, but I have a feeling they want to advance beyond that as well.

AI is a much smaller company than people realize.

I'm sure they have to pick between advancing or not. And it's a simple choice as you can easily become stagnant.

Reactions: Beardsli
Personally, I think it’d be interesting is they took a shot at designing a lighter rifle, or put the same action in a light chassis or stock.

But I’m no military sniper nor a PRS whiz either.

Reactions: clubsportmark
You would be surprised how light the ATX Chassis is. It’s the brick 🧱 sized action that is the difference. The old Cooper action was the option, but robust reliability is what was necessary for the military standard. Other actions will give you the “Jenny Craig” weight loss plan, but don’t change what AI has perfected…. Just an opinion of someone without a clue 🥸

Do you guys keep any spare parts around?

Anything that needs to be swapped out or breaks regularly?

By chance, did you do any testing of your suppressor without the cover and with to see if there was a POI shift?

I didnt with this one actually as I swapped scopes at the same time when that cover made

Last edited:
Reactions: Defender3
Can one of the AXSR gurus tell me the principal differences between the AXSR and the AXMC? I have searched and didn't find a specific list of differences.

Thanks in advance

Can one of the AXSR gurus tell me the principal differences between the AXSR and the AXMC? I have searched and didn't find a specific list of differences.

Thanks in advance
Axmc has a 3 position safety axsr is a 2
Axmc is standard with a 30moa top rail axsr is 20
Axsr has integrated arca in both the receiver and forend
Axsr has different bolt lug geometry
Axsr comes with the comp trigger not the og trigger in the previous ai's
Axsr has different buttstock adjustments

Both use the same barrels and mags

Bookmarking that one brosef

Reactions: Doctorwho1138

Are you sure the trigger in the AXSR is the comp? I thought it was it's own thing, not the old one and not the comp.

Thanks...I may take the plunge

One last question that I have regarding the AXSR's firing pin/bolt is whether it is a small or large firing pin.

Aren't you a lefty nick? There was a rare as unicorn tears lefty AXSR up in the exchange I think.

Aren't you a lefty nick? There was a rare as unicorn tears lefty AXSR up in the exchange I think.
I am and I missed that. The last message was SPF.

The fact that I am LH is the only reason that I am considering buying an AXSR. All the bolts are available now and spare firing pin/shrouds are available...nothing is available for LH MCs

I am and I missed that. The last message was SPF.

The fact that I am LH is the only reason that I am considering buying an AXSR. All the bolts are available now and spare firing pin/shrouds are available...nothing is available for LH MCs

So guess they aren't that rare, just checked and EO has quite a few right now, just more expensive than here. :ROFLMAO:

The AXSR is small FP, I've shot everything from 6.5 creedmoor up to 33xc in mine with no issues.

So guess they aren't that rare, just checked and EO has quite a few right now, just more expensive than here. :ROFLMAO:

The AXSR is small FP, I've shot everything from 6.5 creedmoor up to 33xc in mine with no issues.
I wish I could get another LH firing pin assembly for my MC...that is all I really need...well and the missing 300WM bolt body

Been dreaming of owning an AI since I was a little kid, growing up playing every video games that featured an AI sniper, it’d always be the first gun i’d level up or modify or spend actual money on either unlocking or applying skins on..

Now I can say that this one is mine ! Thanks to a bunch of guys on here for the inspiration
IMG_4586.jpeg

Now just missing my BT-57 monopod…

Apart from the 3 position safety, any big advantages to the AX338 over the AXMC? And would it be totally blasphemous to get a MRAD in 338 over the AXMC(asking for a friend)

Apart from the 3 position safety, any big advantages to the AX338 over the AXMC? And would it be totally blasphemous to get a MRAD in 338 over the AXMC(asking for a friend)
The Axmc would offer quick change capability.

I’m pretty sure choosing the mrad over any AI results in instantly being banned from the site. 😁

Only one I could think of is to be able to get any barrel you want. 1.250 for the AX338 and the MC needs the larger 1.350 shank. Only a couple of barrel manufacturers make that size and the blanks are expensive. Hence why you see most MC and SR guys run AI or Proof prefits. And yes, I know there are a couple of smiths out there that can do a collar setup for the 1.250 barrels to work.

[Q UOTE="Bacarrat, post: 11173455, member: 10788"]
Only one I could think of is to be able to get any barrel you want. 1.250 for the AX338 and the MC needs the larger 1.350 shank. Only a couple of barrel manufacturers make that size and the blanks are expensive. Hence why you see most MC and SR guys run AI or Proof prefits. And yes, I know there are a couple of smiths out there that can do a collar setup for the 1.250 barrels to work.

What are you trying to accomplish? Ai barrels are easier to come by and barrel changes are easier imo...... mrads are meh.
[/QUOTE]
I misspoke the first time I mean AXMC vs AXSR in 338 not the AX338. That being said what I want is a switch barrel in 338lm/300 Nm with the potential to go down to a short action caliber. My preference would be the AXMC but those are getting pretty hard to find.

What are you trying to accomplish? Ai barrels are easier to come by and barrel changes are easier imo...... mrads are meh.
I misspoke the first time I mean AXMC vs AXSR in 338 not the AX338. That being said what I want is a switch barrel in 338lm/300 Nm with the potential to go down to a short action caliber. My preference would be the AXMC but those are getting pretty hard to find.
[/QUOTE]

Then yes definitely either of those...