• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

AXSR 223 bolt would be awesome. …if it’s even possible

For those with AIAX (or similar) rifle case woes, I may have found one that is good. Fits the super-duper high scope mounts that I and @pfl338 use. (Spuhr 1.89”)

Figured it was more of a general-purpose review so slapped it in the Armory instead of here.

Doing a little load development with the AXSR after the rains subsided yesterday. Really enjoying this rifle.

IMG_6857.jpeg

So I like my impact personally. But I think the terminus is slicker imho
Flame on

I thought it was slicker then my old Origin

And definitely better then my 700 but I’m sure as I wear that sucker in it’ll smooth up

We shall see where I end up. Wayyy to many irons in the fire now, especially since I’m now head first into reloading.

Flame on

I thought it was slicker then my old Origin

And definitely better then my 700 but I’m sure as I wear that sucker in it’ll smooth up

We shall see where I end up. Wayyy to many irons in the fire now, especially since I’m now head first into reloading.
I ended up going with an impact because the consensus from match shooters in my area was they resist sand and dust better than some 700 clone actions. Which is a big deal for my location.

The thing I didn't expect was to dislike the ACC Elite chassis I had as much as I did. It felt super cheap compared to my AXSR and Cadex chassis'. It was also very harmonically "resonant" even with the rubber dampeners. Then over the holiday I stopped at Mile High Shooting and handled one of the Spuhr chassis' and was impressed with it. So, I'll be running one of those for the future.

The thing I didn't expect was to dislike the ACC Elite chassis I had as much as I did. It felt super cheap compared to my AXSR and Cadex chassis'. It was also very harmonically "resonant" even with the rubber dampeners.
Just a data point if the Spuhr also disappoints. My KRG W3 isn’t resonate-y, but keep in mind I’m shooting 204. Not sure if caliber makes much of a diff but there you have it.

Reactions: Vivacious Stallion
I love my Axsr but I’ve bit the bullet with an AICS AT-x so I could use my rimfire action in it. But then I started thinking about putting a 6mm br in it since I couldn’t do that in my AXSR. what 700 pattern action would work best in the AT-X AICS for 6br?

I ended up going with an impact because the consensus from match shooters in my area was they resist sand and dust better than some 700 clone actions. Which is a big deal for my location.

The thing I didn't expect was to dislike the ACC Elite chassis I had as much as I did. It felt super cheap compared to my AXSR and Cadex chassis'. It was also very harmonically "resonant" even with the rubber dampeners. Then over the holiday I stopped at Mile High Shooting and handled one of the Spuhr chassis' and was impressed with it. So, I'll be running one of those for the future.
My ACC Premier doesn’t twang at all but it has Magpul M-LOK Rail Covers, Type 1, covering every empty MLOK slot.

-Stan

Just a data point if the Spuhr also disappoints. My KRG W3 isn’t resonate-y
I've got probably 200 rounds through it and it's pretty harmonically dead on par with my AXSR. I've also got it feeding out of AW mags reliably, which nice.

I need to have some more time and matches behind it before I would seriously recommend it to someone.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
I’ve grown rather fond of pics of the Mpct3x, the one without the ram’s head ranger thing on top. Not dismissing the ram-thing’s utility, its just that I wouldn’t use it.
I think it looks like something else…but if a sheep is what comes to mind when you see it by all means 😁👍

Just stumbled across this comment, why do you prefer the MSR2 over a Christmas tree Reticle? Ive been debating on an MSR2 or an SCR2 Reticle
Some in general don’t like the clutter of tree reticles. Others find it easier to spot misses without the extra reticle as well especially in ELR or long range .22 where misses are hard to spot already

Personally I like my NF Mil XT and ZCO mpct 3 like Burtg posted above. I find the Tremor style reticles to busy for my taste

I’ve grown rather fond of pics of the Mpct3x, the one without the ram’s head ranger thing on top. Not dismissing the ram-thing’s utility, its just that I wouldn’t use it.
I like my 3x, if I need to know the range of the target I read it off the sign at the flat range or use a laser.

Having the ranging uterus wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, I just wouldn't use it.

Reactions: xxflyingturtlexx

Oh man I’d take my Zeus 10x over before my Impact, given the choice. Goes to show though, takes all sorts!

Oh man I’d take my Zeus 10x over before my Impact, given the choice. Goes to show though, takes all sorts!
The Zeus is an awesome action too. If I didn't have an AI and a Tikka build I'd have almost certainly gone with another 60° bolt action. I've really liked the Impact so far, accuracy has been there, AW mags running 100% and I appreciate the light bolt lift and close for barricade work. It's great people have so many excellent options in actions now.

I apologize to the AI gods for polluting this thread with pagan rifle action discussion.

Just stumbled across this comment, why do you prefer the MSR2 over a Christmas tree Reticle? Ive been debating on an MSR2 or an SCR2 Reticle

The longer I shoot, the more I have moved away from trees... I prefer simple trees if I'm going to use one and the mpct2x is actually pretty good. I don't like zco's turrets tho.

Tbh I have centralized on msr2 as it does everything I want the best without any compromises and has a great fov as mentioned by others.

The longer I shoot, the more I have moved away from trees... I prefer simple trees if I'm going to use one and the mpct2x is actually pretty good. I don't like zco's turrets tho.

Tbh I have centralized on msr2 as it does everything I want the best without any compromises and has a great fov as mentioned by others.
I'm not a fan of full trees either. My ideal reticle that's made is a Gen2XR. It would be fantastic to have a tremor type reticle but SIGNIFICANTLY slimmed down. It's just unnecessarily busy.

Oddly enough, my best shooting season came when I shot just a standard Gen2 mildot reticle.

I've been very impressed with the Zeiss reticles in the S3/5. I do think its really similar to the PR2 but that's not a bad thing, not as busy as the T3. The less cluttered trees seem to be my favorite. Before I've just used the OG MSR, kinda wish it was a 2.

I've been very impressed with the Zeiss reticles in the S3/5. I do think its really similar to the PR2 but that's not a bad thing, not as busy as the T3. The less cluttered trees seem to be my favorite. Before I've just used the OG MSR, kinda wish it was a 2.
Zeiss looks like they used a sharpie to draw it

E7AFB166-E624-41C9-BA7D-B6ED1612B381.jpeg

Thought you was waiting till after the snow to take that thing out lol
Out for a few pics! May actually order the 260 barrel today. Been talking with Manzella. If I do I’ll ditch the 6.5 barrel I think.

It’s ice fishing season now. I do my reloading, gun maintenance etc in the winter. Other than that I’ll start load testing in the spring

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Out for a few pics! May actually order the 260 barrel today. Been talking with Manzella. If I do I’ll ditch the 6.5 barrel I think.

It’s ice fishing season now. I do my reloading, gun maintenance etc in the winter. Other than that I’ll start load testing in the spring
Hook a brother up on the 6.5 barrel if you go to the 260. Been itching

And ice fishing? You had me at hello lol

Reactions: hafejd30

You don’t icefish with the AI?

What a poseur

I just sent out my spare 260 stick to get cut down for suppressed use. A bit redundant to have both that and 6.5 but it didn't make sense to have two long 6.5 rigs.

After a broken 3/8th breaker bar and a trip to home depot for a 1/2in breaker; I managed to pop off my old 300wm barrel that had over 1800 rounds. Bartlein 26in chambered by GAP. It still shot ok, groups a little over 1in. This new barrel is also a Bartlein by GAP that I got off a fellow hide member. Shoots pretty decent with old ammo from the last barrel!

20240103_175057.jpg
20240104_162432.jpg
20240104_163931.jpg

I had a dumbass employee that broke (2) 3/4” breaker bars. Instead of just heating the nuts up.

Impressive idiocy

Reactions: M8541Reaper
After a broken 3/8th breaker bar and a trip to home depot for a 1/2in breaker; I managed to pop off my old 300wm barrel that had over 1800 rounds. Bartlein 26in chambered by GAP. It still shot ok, groups a little over 1in. This new barrel is also a Bartlein by GAP that I got off a fellow hide member. Shoots pretty decent with old ammo from the last barrel!

View attachment 8318406View attachment 8318407View attachment 8318408

Hit that bad boy with an electric impact!

#followmeformoreDIY ;)

Reactions: Huskydriver