• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

You think you spend a lot of money on your hobbies. Women in general spend more money on stupid shit that will make our hobbies look like your weekly gas fill up.

And is there any confirmation on the 223 conversion or rifle from AI?
I want to know what women are buying things to the equivalent of a $20k AXSR setup or $15k AX ELR...

I know my wife is frugal compared to most, but I just don't see that happening all too often unless you're talking like a decade of shoes/purses/nails/massages etc

I want to know what women are buying things to the equivalent of a $20k AXSR setup or $15k AX ELR...

I know my wife is frugal compared to most, but I just don't see that happening all too often unless you're talking like a decade of shoes/purses/nails/massages etc

@brianf

Is the best price on the AT-X 4250 from mile high? Looks like they only have blue and red left. Is it a once they are gone, they are gone scenario and the prices will increase when they get more of the other colors?

Is the best price on the AT-X 4250 from mile high? Looks like they only have blue and red left. Is it a once they are gone, they are gone scenario and the prices will increase when they get more of the other colors?

Very likely. Euro had some for around $3800, but seems sold out. The current story is there will be a newer generation available soon that comes with a folder and top rail (unsure of any other differences) and will be more expensive.

The PX here is likely the best place if you can find a gen 3 for $4k or less with no taxes.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts

😂😂😂20….

what does does she spend the next 2 weeks of the month?

And is the the jet blue card for miles or the metal card for other stuff.

If the USA was only men the entire economy would be equal to Kenya lol

😂😂😂20….

what does does she spend the next 2 weeks of the month?

And is the the jet blue card for miles or the metal card for other stuff.

If the USA was only men the entire economy would be equal to Kenya lol
Guess I just got lucky, she's not into jewelry, purses, shoes, any of that crap.

All those shoes, dresses, outings with their "girlfriends" add up. Guys for the most part, buy big ticket items. Women buy smaller items but way more often.

Reactions: jbuck88 and brianf
IMG_8375.jpeg
Finally got this bitch scoped up. Finding this mount wasn’t easy. Gonna light her up for the first time this Sunday.

We need to up our game boys !!!
I was reading something one day where about 80% of the adds are geared towards women since they are more inclined to impulse purchase or purchase on FOMO. Having worked with a lot of women when I worked in insurance, I got exposed to how much they spend. It's nothing to spend 500-1k on a pair of shoes. A cheap LV or Gucci, Coach purse can be 3-5k easy and they always have several. If they were true ballers, price out a Hermes purse can run you 25-30k on a SMALL purse/clutch. And their trips to Napa could easily cost 8-10K depending on what vineyard they go to, where they stay and where they eat.

While we think we are outsmarting our SO about how much we spend on our hobbies. Women do the exact same thing too. They are actually better at it than us. 😆

Reactions: brianf
Is the way I'm feeling right now the same way my girlfriend feels when I tell her I have $10k in my AI, like I'm completely fucking retarded?!

... cuz that shit's insane!

• Haha
Reactions: TheBigCountry

Have you ever looked at the price of fine jewelry , Hermes, Christian Louboutin or Chanel? My wife can have that beat in a single outfit.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianf
I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need one of these. I've never even touched one. I'm not sure why I want one so bad.

Reactions: Wolf762x51
Is the way I'm feeling right now the same way my girlfriend feels when I tell her I have $10k in my AI, like I'm completely fucking retarded?!

... cuz that shit's insane!
You done broke the very first important rule by telling her how much it cost to
Begin with

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need one of these. I've never even touched one. I'm not sure why I want one so bad.
It's not the lightest bolt lift if that matters BUT it is SOLID. It's a hard feeling to describe but you can feel the quality and heft to the system. Describing it like closing a bank vault is not an exaggeration and the folding hinges are the tightest folded and unfolded I've used. I've used all the top triggers in single and 2 stage and the AI is still my favorite of the group.

The gun is just quality.

It's not the lightest bolt lift if that matters BUT it is SOLID. It's a hard feeling to describe but you can feel the quality and heft to the system. Describing it like closing a bank vault is not an exaggeration and the folding hinges are the tightest folded and unfolded I've used. I've used all the top triggers in single and 2 stage and the AI is still my favorite of the group.

The gun is just quality.
Yea that must be why, I'm attracted to quality shit lol.

I don’t need one. Not even close. A Terminus Zeus quick-change action would give me what I want for much less. Add wrench flats on the barrel, a BnA trigger, and done.

I could afford the AX and thought they were cool, so I gave it a shot. Have a AX in 6br. Pretty fun.

Don’t put one on a credit card!

Note I’m not saying a Zeus etc is as tough as an AX. I’m saying for my lazy flabby-ass, a Zeus would suffice just fine (as would a Tikka and most any action with appropriate barrel changing tools).

You probably won’t be blown away by the bolt cycling. While it does glide back/forth (so do Tikkas), opening the bolt reminds me a bit (just a bit) of switching a Jeep from 2x2 to 4x4 (or 4-high to 4-low lol). Agricultural is the word that comes to mind.

But solid. Reaaal solid bolt close and solid all around. Recoils right straight back in a way that’s different than my excellent KRG W3. Maybe it’s just that my 204 is in my W3 (lower-recoiling). Can’t put my finger on the appropriate recoil description/differentiator.

Stock AX trigger is very good. I haven’t adjusted it. A bit heavier than my BnA TacSport Pro but just as nice feeling to me.

Ergos are different than a W3 or regular stock. I needed way higher rings, and on the AX I wish the cheekpiece would move more laterally right (right-hander) so I could get my head straighter.

If you have the cash, do it. What attracted me to it was it was just done. Shipped in a day and no “building” or waiting for a gunsmith. MH had my 6br barrel in stock. Added a thumbrest, that’s it.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, keep in mind my rifle is pretty new. Some people seem to have easier-to-cycle AI’s. And there is a trick to cycling them that makes it much easier.

In short: put thumb right behind bolt (or even on top of bolt) and use side of index finger to cantilever the bolt open. Way easier.

Edit: you want the full agricultural experience? Grasp that bolt knob with the open palm of your hand and yank that fucker up. Now your AI is in 4-low haha.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, keep in mind my rifle is pretty new. Some people seem to have easier-to-cycle AI’s. And there is a trick to cycling them that makes it much easier.

In short: put thumb right behind bolt (or even on top of bolt) and use side of index finger to cantilever the bolt open. Way easier.

Edit: you want the full agricultural experience? Grasp that bolt knob with the palm of your hand and yank that fucker up. Now your AI is in 4-low haha.
#12lbsboltliftgang

Re: hiding guns from wives

In not so many words, what we have here is a number of (lucky) dudes humble-bragging that they get a blowjob everyday and it must be hell not to lolol

• Haha
And there is a trick to cycling them that makes it much easier.
Anger and hate usually do it for me. You just need to clean it gingerly later though so it knows it's still safe.
I might try to test out Burts or one of yalls at war or mkm sometime to see if it seals the deal for me.
I'm not sure where you are but if you are anywhere near Frontline Defense in NC you are welcome to try mine out. I think I'll be there tomorrow afternoon actually.

Ok lets not get carried away that far (although….)
Right? 😂
Re: hiding guns from wives

In not so many words, what we have here is a number of (lucky) dudes humble-bragging that they get a blowjob everyday and it must be hell not to lolol
Luck has nothing to do with it. Just called picking the right person to bamboozle into marrying you. …sometimes though I’m starting to think that I was the one bamboozled in this deal 😂

While the waifu was very supportive of the purchase (and knows how much the $20k buy in was), she’s starting to see that the expense is ammo. She’s a pistol and carbine shooter so she didn’t realize what ammo expenses could end up as 😂😂😂

Where you get that bag from that you have attached to the R-lock arca plate?

They don’t make it anymore. Essentially just a padded non-skid pad that velcros on. I snagged it from a hero here that wasn’t using it.

Anger and hate usually do it for me. You just need to clean it gingerly later though so it knows it's still safe.

I'm not sure where you are but if you are anywhere near Frontline Defense in NC you are welcome to try mine out. I think I'll be there tomorrow afternoon actually.
I'm in the northeast. Likely won't be back down south for awhile. I appreciate the offer though. This community is one of the best out there.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Can anyone show a pic of an AT that has had the AX rear attached (like the service Mile High offers)? Do you like it? Did it make a measurable difference to you?

Have you ever looked at the price of fine jewelry , Hermes, Christian Louboutin or Chanel? My wife can have that beat in a single outfit.
Nope, neither has my wife. She has no interest in that crap. The only diamond she owns is the one on her engagement ring, there’s no designer purses or shoes in the closest.

When I was dating I purposely avoided high maintenance women for this reason.

Nope, neither has my wife. She has no interest in that crap. The only diamond she owns is the one on her engagement ring, there’s no designer purses or shoes in the closest.

When I was dating I purposely avoided high maintenance women for this reason.
It’s really no different than any other hobby for a woman. I can’t say my wife doesn’t like diamonds and I like buying them. It’s not high maintenance for me any more than I am high maintenance for her. She takes good care of herself and does so much for the family so why not spoil her? She certainly doesn’t demand anything or expect anything. I enjoy it to be honest. To each and their own. But the question was whether a woman can spend the amount of money on their hobbies or interests that a man can and the answer is yes. Strictly speaking though, firearms is a relatively cheap hobbie for lots of men. Racing cars, boats, and car collecting are all infinitely more expensive for the most part. I just think you shouldn’t have to lie to decieve your spouse on what you choose to buy or how much it costs. Just don’t think dishonesty is healthy for a marriage.

Reactions: MxTexas and J-Ham
Horses?! And we here talkin'bout rifles being expensive!!! Haha
Exactly.
How do these things balance? What's the stock barrel contour comparable to?
My AXSR 24” 308 and 26” 6.5 (both stock AI) both balance on a piece of 3/4” ply right in the middle of the “hump” (section in front of the magwell. No added weights. As for the barrel contour, I’m sure someone will chime in with the specs but I’d imagine kind of like an M24/M40 contour.

Reactions: Undrgrndprdcts
Exactly.

My AXSR 24” 308 and 26” 6.5 (both stock AI) both balance on a piece of 3/4” ply right in the middle of the “hump” (section in front of the magwell. No added weights. As for the barrel contour, I’m sure someone will chime in with the specs but I’d imagine kind of like an M24/M40 contour.
Just lift weights

If you can bench 275 and work in concrete, you too can manhandle the AI and the 12+lb bolt lift

Exactly.
I don’t know about other SR’s, but my lift isn’t heavy at all. Pretty damn smooth and my 7yr old can run the bolt on it just fine. No idea how it compares to the older style MC/AX/AT lifts.

Is it as smooth as some custom action that slides like a greased up Lizzo down an oil slicked 70 degree angled metal slide in the AZ desert in July? No. But nothings slides that fast.
Just lift weights

If you can bench 275 and work in concrete, you too can manhandle the AI and the 12+lb bolt lift