• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

It’s really interesting to me that the new short action uses 6 action screws.

So it went from 4 screws and bonded (best IMO)

To 4 screws and unbonded is fine

To 6 screws and unbonded
can you elaborate on why you think bonded is better (specific to short actions).
------
not==>[because they changed it to 6] lol

things that come to mind about the bonded/unbounded discussion (with what exactly, epoxy?) its equivalent to = vibrational dampening of system (vs unbonded), improved confidence that it won't come apart/loose with heavy use, a void filler to make up for using machining/processes with larger tolerances?

Reactions: Nik H
can you elaborate on why you think bonded is better (specific to short actions).
------
not==>[because they changed it to 6] lol

things that come to mind about the bonded/unbounded discussion (with what exactly, epoxy?) its equivalent to = vibrational dampening of system (vs unbonded), improved confidence that it won't come apart/loose with heavy use, a void filler to make up for using machining/processes with larger tolerances?
In my personal testing with the (now last-gen) short action, bonded was superior at retaining zero when doing barrel impacts.

I believe in the way past, the epoxy bonding was a way to make up for less precise machining. But, it also has to be considered that a flat-bottom action like the AI has no way to resist lateral movement other than the tension from the action screws and a very small amount of recoil lug contact. If you picture a traditional round action, it only has 2 screws but since the action is in a v-block (or similar), that design resists lateral movement. An unbonded AI action in a AT chassis with no side supports, if you hit the barrel hard enough the rear of the action will move laterally. And even with the side walls of the AX or ATX chassis, you can't make it a "zero" tolerance or interference fit, as the action then won't fit in it.

I find it interesting that AI claimed the (now last-gen) ATX was just as good being unbonded, but now has a new design with 6 screws. There must've been some improvement to be made going from 4 to 6 and keeping it unbonded. The AXSR action/chassis interface also changed geometrically from the bonded AXMC, FWIW.

I'd guess bonding could still be done by the user if so inclined? Or at least on the ATX. AXSR bonding would leave the trigger unserviceable I believe.

I'd guess bonding could still be done by the user if so inclined? Or at least on the ATX. AXSR bonding would leave the trigger unserviceable I believe.
Not sure if it's possible, you'd have to mill thickness out of the chassis. The bonding works because there is a brass washer on each screw that controls the thickness of the epoxy between the action and the chassis. If you used the washers on the atx as-is, the action would sit too high off the chassis. If you didn't use the washers, the epoxy would get squeezed out everywhere and be an unknown and uneven thickness.

Yea, as mentioned above, you'd have to do some work. Milling chassis and/or adjust mag latch.....etc.

So basic general question here. How long do you reckon that the AT will be available now that it has been discontinued. My brother wants one now but wanted to wait until after tax season. I told him that I don’t think he has that long.

@Bacarrat,

I have an SR-25 & an AT... Thoughts...? 😂
I did say "most". I have my reservations about the SR25s and most of the overpriced large frame ARs from Knights, HK, ect. It's not worth it since most of them are lucky to be a consistent 1 MOA gun and good luck trying to be very reliable suppressed.

Okay, UPDATE on Shot Show.

Talked to a rep and told me the following:

AT/AW parts will still be sold indefinitely for now. He told me that the ATLE will still be in production and they have no plans to remove it. Therefore, AT/AW parts will still be manufactured and sold. AT/AW’s will not be sold commercially anymore (obviously from their email) but the parts will be.

Second, he couldn’t give me a reason why they left the firing pin out of the XC but said the bolt lift and feel will be similar to the AXSR action. Said the XC is just a smaller AXSR action. So it’s a totally different bolt and firing pin configuration than the ATX, therefore parts will not be interchangeable.

Further he said the XC is replacing the AXSA for LE which will be discontinued. Also said the XC LE will have a shorter hand guard to accommodate the 16” barrel that the commercial will not be offered in.

Lastly, said they will be coming out with a new “Sniper Gray” color for the ATLE that will only be available for LE. I asked if sniper gray would be available for any commercial firearms and he said they do not have any plans of it for commercial. Said they want to keep that color for LE.

Hope this helps

Can any regular LE agent but the AT LE or does it have to be a department?

I’m sure if someone just has to have a “Sniper Gay” colored AT-XC or AT-X a reasonably competent cerakote artist can get you hooked up.

Not sure why anyone would deviate from God’s chosen color of Sage Green, but some people just have to be heathens I guess.

I’m sure if someone just has to have a “Sniper Gay” colored AT-XC or AT-X a reasonably competent cerakote artist can get you hooked up.

Not sure why anyone would deviate from God’s chosen color of Sage Green, but some people just have to be heathens I guess.

Agreed not a huge fan of Gray for guns but might be someone’s cup of tea

AI makes elite sand

Every AI guy: “omg what a homo color”

AI makes “sniper gray” and only sells to mil and LE

AI guys when the same rifle hits the px
IMG_6074.jpeg

LE AI’s have tech that turns bullets into bad-guy heat-seekers, making 90° turns, hiding in beds & waiting to strike (bullets “going to sleep”), delivering toxins, mixing drinks, buying donuts…

We shouldn’t even be talking about this on an open forum!

Does putting an AX stock on a regular AT give you the same product?

LE AI’s have tech that turns bullets into bad-guy heat-seekers, making 90° turns, hiding in beds & waiting to strike (bullets “going to sleep”), delivering toxins, mixing drinks, buying donuts…

I hear the LE models dont need as much time for the bullets to go to sleep

So they’re more accurate inside 100

AX buttstock $1100 smh

Cheaper than a felony and a couple years in Federal Pound You in The Ass Prison for straw purchasing an AT-LE from your cop buddy

I remember looking at the conversion thread and people were bitching the cheek weld was too high with the AX stock on an AT.

AX buttstock $1100 smh

Cheaper than a felony and a couple years in Federal Pound You in The Ass Prison for straw purchasing an AT-LE from your cop buddy

How if your buddy doesn't fill out the 4473.....
Just cuz your le buddy bought it and had it shipped to his dealer then changed his mind to buy it then your dealer bought it from him then you buy it from the dealer and do the 4473
.. What law was broken...????

Not that I would know

• Haha
Reactions: samb300
The LE models are law enforcement and they know... They are watching what you do. And you thought AI stood for Accuracy International...

So they say they are still making parts for the current ATs

Yet parts have been unobtanium for a long time now

Intersting sales strategy

I saw the post above about the sales rep's quote on that - "indefinitely, for now." 😄

I would bet $5 that the new LE only "sniper gray" will look a lot like elite sand...but since we're talking AI money, that would be $450.

So they say they are still making parts for the current ATs

Yet parts have been unobtanium for a long time now

Intersting sales strategy

Parts for AI rifles have always been unobtainable within a reasonable timeframe even for brand new current production rifles... Anyone who has owned an AI for longer than a month or ever tried to order a spare part should know this by now, lol. It's been a running joke for 15+ years that your backordered part will arrive "eventually" with no timeframe provided.

I remember waiting 6+ months just for different colored skins for my AT when the AT was less than a year old from the initial release, and 8+ months for different colored plastics and the longer 16" hand guard for my AX when the AX was still the newest and best model in the lineup.

If you think that's bad try ordering spare parts they normally don't like to sell to the consumer like firing pins, firing pin springs, safety levers, etc. No, I don't want to send the entire rifle in for a warranty repair, I just want spare parts for my inventory and can change it myself if needed.

It's an abusive relationship when it comes to anything AI, they hit me because they love me, lol...

Parts for AI rifles have always been unobtainable within a reasonable timeframe even for brand new current production rifles... Anyone who has owned an AI for longer than a month or ever tried to order a spare part should know this by now, lol. It's been a running joke for 15+ years that your backordered part will arrive "eventually" with no timeframe provided.

I remember waiting 6+ months just for different colored skins for my AT when the AT was less than a year old from the initial release, and 8+ months for different colored plastics and the longer 16" hand guard for my AX when the AX was still the newest and best model in the lineup.

If you think that's bad try ordering spare parts they normally don't like to sell to the consumer like firing pins, firing pin springs, safety levers, etc. No, I don't want to send the entire rifle in for a warranty repair, I just want spare parts for my inventory and can change it myself if needed.

It's an abusive relationship when it comes to anything AI, they hit me because they love me, lol...
My AT was my grail rifle

I wanted that sucker for years and I finally had the coin and MH had a used one with everything I wanted

So I got it

Yeah I’m griping about parts and I’ll just suck it up and get them

Will I sell this rifle? Hell no. It’s ugly, it’s heavy, but it runs no matter the abuse I throw at it

And it’s a 308 so haters unite

Yup...try being LH and getting parts.

Part is available via backorder...LMAO. I'm sure that in 4-5 years, I may see a LH AXMC 300 WM bolt body

Nah, the AI models for LE are optimized for shooting dogs. At least the models for Federal contracts.

Had to make a stop to check out Mile High when I was going through Denver in August for the Guardian match at Cameo.

Cashing out got asked if I was LE, had to sadly sigh and say no or the AXMC-LE behind you would be going home with me……. 😔.

The whole LE specific bolt gun is fucking retarded.

Same thing for the different models of the same damn switch barrel action.

ASR vs AXSR… ATLE vs AT… AXMCLE vs AXMC… ATXC vs ATX… ATXC Mil vs ATXC…

The whole LE specific bolt gun is fucking retarded.

Same thing for the different models of the same damn switch barrel action.

ASR vs AXSR… ATLE vs AT… AXMCLE vs AXMC… ATXC vs ATX… ATXC Mil vs ATXC…

Yes, but people will still line up to purchase one. They will gladly fork out an exorbitant amount for an item that has almost non-existent factory support, or connection/empathy for their consumer base.

Yet the staus symbol of ownership will overcome many, who follow up their "I just got porked in the ass by AI" with "but it's an AI, so it felt smoother." As an AI owner myself, I am starting to master the prison rape victim walk, all the while telling others to GBPSE.